Official Grown ass Man Thread

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Beat Street and Breakin in the Theaters. Writing the Words HIP HOP in Bubble letters when i was like a child Not knowing what the Fuck it meant.

Michael Jackson Thriller Video, Silver Spoons, The First Macintosh, Apple II's, Oakland Raiders beating Eagles Superbowl, Los Angeles Raiders, The movie the Day after, Red Dawn, Watching Scarface on VHS for the first time, Video rental stores, Oh my bad i just remembering the 80's.

Guest shai_hulud

I can remember the seventies. That's pretty crazy.

Let's see...I remember going to see "Star Wars" in Hollywood with my mom (I was probably three or four) and sitting in a long ass line.

I remember hearing "Rapper's Delight" and asking my mom why the guy was singing like that. (She didn't know, either.)

I had an Intellivision. Those were so much better than Atari, but they were slept on. (If anyone knows about a good Intellivison emulator for Mac, let me know.)

(Why am I using so many parentheses? Who knows. Who cares.)

Ummmm...I remember our school had Apple IIs and learning how to program in BASIC and Logo. Oh, and you had to boot from a 5 1/4" floppy. I had my own bootdisk that was a double sided floppy (I notched the left side) with files and programs on the other side.

I don't remember much good graffiti, but I remember seeing a lot of cholo graffiti. I didn't really know about piecing or characters till 1988 or so.

I'll think of some other shit. Gotta go take some Geritol and watch Matlock real quick.

dawood--without blowing up your spot on here, i think we might have grown up in the same region of the country. do you remember a commercial (mid 80's) with a dude dressed like a fucking cat or werewolf, talking about the basic food groups. he did a dance and said things "passsta.....spaghettiiiiiii" and waved his hands in front of his face. i think he was wearing a red leather coat or something. it's been a while.

Guest shai_hulud

There's a command called DRIVE in Logo that made the turtle go forward at a predetermined speed. I think you could speed it up by adding a value after DRIVE.

I got yelled at for doing that. I also got yelled at for hacking...I got a hold of this stupid preppy girl's floppy (heh) and thought it would be funny to add a file with a bunch of dirty jokes in it...but, I had to go brag about it to this other nerd in the class. He ended up getting blamed, then he ratted me out. The teacher gave us both detention because she never knew who really did it.

The teacher told my mom, who laughed about it and said that she didn't see what the big deal was. "He didn't erase anything", she said. "If the girl doesn't want to read the jokes, then she can erase them."

Obviously, my mom is responsible for my devil-may-care attitude towards authority and personal property. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

dawood--without blowing up your spot on here, i think we might have grown up in the same region of the country. do you remember a commercial (mid 80's) with a dude dressed like a fucking cat or werewolf, talking about the basic food groups. he did a dance and said things "passsta.....spaghettiiiiiii" and waved his hands in front of his face. i think he was wearing a red leather coat or something. it's been a while.

I vaguely remember that, but I remember the one where the puppets were going through the food line at the cafeteria and the dued was like "I'm so hungry I could eat a wagon wheel"

you remember that one?

T;6024313']I dont remember Much of the Seventies' date=' not sure why. 3's company all day. Remember larry holmes knocking Cooney out.[/quote']

poesia --we watched the syndicate versions of those shows, i believe. i remember watching "all in the family," "the jeffersons," "3's company" and so on and so on. i remember watching all that in syndicate. i also remember watching "the gong show." i loved that shit as a kid.

dawood --i've got three words for you "the movie loft" with dana hershey.

danahersey.gif

oh word:

"My name is Just-Ice a man not a prankster

I was known... as the gangster

But believe me that is no fun

The time is now to unite everyone

You don't have to be soft to be for peace

Robbin and killin and muderin is the least

You don't have to be chained by the beast

But party people it's time I release!"

selfdestructionhb7.jpg

oh yeah i do. than and "i hanker for a hunk of cheese."

hankerhunkcheesepe9.gif

another one --do you remember the animals that lived in the tree and talked about saving electricity. the owl would leave his windows open with his lights out, and the others would bug out.

another classic:

001b9833e7a0659392192110.L.jpg

wow, on both of those!

i remember the hanker guy showing me how to make orange juice pops out of an ice tray, tooth picks and saran wrap.

oh and the great space coaster...hahah

"No Gnews is Good Gnews with Gary.......Gnu".

i still remember the theme song to that shit.

wow, i guess i'm not that burnt.

Todays topic self destruction, it really ain't the rap audience thats buggin' it's one or two suckers, ignorant brothers, trying to rob and steal from one another, you get caught in the mid and so to crush this stereotype here's what I did, we got ourselves together, so that we can unite and fight for what's right, not negative cause, the way we live is positive, we don't kill our relatives

/waybeforeKRSturnedintoapompouswindbag.

I found this quote on the newspaper years ago...

"This is maturity: To be able to stick with a job until it's finished; to do one's duty without being supervised; to be able to carry money without spending it; and to be able to bear an injustice without wanting to get even"..

Yeah..sum like that..