Official Grown ass Man Thread

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skate rags, vision street wear, rock fucking hard airwalks with shoe goo for extra ollie protection

boomboxes blasting run dmc, phoney phone calling before caller id and star 69

ding dong ditchin, buying comic books for 25cents a peice, shoplifting gi joes and sticky octopuses you throw on the windows, slapping your sister with huge sticky hand ones.

totally fucking radical

good times except for the fashion. good riddance.

oh yeah i do. than and "i hanker for a hunk of cheese."

hankerhunkcheesepe9.gif

I recently had a whole room of people look at me like I was nuts for making reference to this guy and then trying to explain it.

I was making some cheese & crackers during the Pats-Chargers game and said: "Look! A wagon wheel!"

anyway:

shoe goo for extra ollie protection.

i was a shoe-goo technician. i used to have a whole process, because for the longest time i rocked chuck taylors. there was a chuck taylor outlet on newport ave, in pawtucket (any rhode island heads remember this?) i used to get chuck taylors for $20.00, and blow a hole in those things with in a week. i'd make my own ollie pads using shoe glue and duct tape (for inside the sneaker). i got so good at it, my friends were asking me to do their shoes. i think it was just because they were lazy.

I found this quote on the newspaper years ago...

"This is maturity: To be able to stick with a job until it's finished; to do one's duty without being supervised; to be able to carry money without spending it; and to be able to bear an injustice without wanting to get even"..

Yeah..sum like that..

shit man, i do all of this and im only 21.

always felt and been told i was old before my time...ill be in my slippers with a pipe by 35!

the other day, i was told by a customer at work that how mature a person is relative to the amount of times their "sole" has been re-incarnated... or something along those lines.

I played pong as a kid, wrote my own computer games in basic, remember a life before the internet when BBS's were all the rage, watched tv when the remote was still attached to it by a wire, remember getting our first mircrowave, phones were still attached to the wall (i would give anything to have those days back) while Im thinking about it, how many people know how to use a rotary phone? 1 gig harddrives seemed too big to ever fill, I started driving when you could still find gas for under a dollar a gallon, russia was still the enemy and not a place to get mail order brides, you had to actually push the lawmower, you could actually still spank your kids, childrens shows on tv actually had substance, germany had an east and west, kids actually walked to school (now, mom drives them the 500 feet to the bus stop) cds didnt exist yet, you wanted to make a mix, you did it on tape, and it took time and effort, you wanted to listen to music while you walked? it was with a boombox, fuck an ipod, gas stations still had mechanics, do baseball cards still have gum in the package?

old man status when you have to stop yourself from saying "when I was your age..."

I played pong as a kid, wrote my own computer games in basic, remember a life before the internet when BBS's were all the rage, watched tv when the remote was still attached to it by a wire, remember getting our first mircrowave, phones were still attached to the wall (i would give anything to have those days back) while Im thinking about it, how many people know how to use a rotary phone? 1 gig harddrives seemed too big to ever fill, I started driving when you could still find gas for under a dollar a gallon, russia was still the enemy and not a place to get mail order brides, you had to actually push the lawmower, you could actually still spank your kids, childrens shows on tv actually had substance, germany had an east and west, kids actually walked to school (now, mom drives them the 500 feet to the bus stop) cds didnt exist yet, you wanted to make a mix, you did it on tape, and it took time and effort, you wanted to listen to music while you walked? it was with a boombox, fuck an ipod, gas stations still had mechanics, do baseball cards still have gum in the package?

old man status when you have to stop yourself from saying "when I was your age..."

--russia was still the USSR, and action movies worked like propoganda to support the cold war.

--i too started driving when gas was still $ .96 (or less) a gallon.

--boombox mix making from the radio. high speed dubbing was "high tech" when i got it in my first dual tape deck boombox.

--i walked to school, got chased home some times, had strangers in cars do weird shit and follow my friends and i, flipped them off, then ran through the woods to "escape." then when we got home, we'd sit there and talk like the whole manson family was chasing us down.

i miss the days of playing "guns."

"i got you, count to 20."

my mother bought me one gun, felt like it was a bad influence, and when i broke it, never bought me one again. so i spent many a day collecting sticks that looked like guns, and playing with those. still to this day, i've never seen a kid running through a neighborhood acting like he's in the real deal war, holding a twig while hiding behind a rock.

T;6020226']I had to start this on request of a couple others, and i know Drunkp started the Grandpa one but lets just use this one for now.

After viewing the results on the age poll, some of us grown folk feel the need to be able to talk about the AARP and other aging questions in our own thread.

Ill let the elders set the age limit, but you know who you are.

4bs6gwn.jpg

2wq7pua.jpg

4 LIFE

^^^^^threadjackeroner

i was a shoe-goo technician. i used to have a whole process, because for the longest time i rocked chuck taylors. there was a chuck taylor outlet on newport ave, in pawtucket (any rhode island heads remember this?) i used to get chuck taylors for $20.00, and blow a hole in those things with in a week. i'd make my own ollie pads using shoe glue and duct tape (for inside the sneaker). i got so good at it, my friends were asking me to do their shoes. i think it was just because they were lazy.

I had shoes with more shoe goo than shoe.

^^^^^

There is some great shit in here.

(I was in 5th grade when the Challenger blew up.)

Early Bones Brigade movies owned.

I've seen all three Stars Wars in Theaters.

Freezy Freakies & Moon Boots...

Friday Night Videos.

Three way calling blew our minds.. and fucked up friendships... haha

Starter coats and hats were the hotness.

I rocked Girbaud & Cross Colors... Cavaricci's were for housers.

Chris Thomas was the Mayor of Rap City.

I wanted to bang (Just Say) Julie Brown

For Chicago Heads:

Son of Svenghoulie... BEEERRRWWWYYNNN

No Lights at Wrigley Field

Crews had voicemail boxes, you could call party lines.

My beeper was fucking huge!!!! (yes, size wise) & I lived at payphones too.

Hand drawn flyers for Bboy parties. (I still got a box of them somewhere)

Cops took curfew maaaad serious

The Sox colors were Red White & Blue.. (They should have moved to Florida)

The CTA trains were green & white, they had A, B & AB trains/stops... you could open the windows too!

Chicago had graffiti, well, everywhere, and everyone was a writer.

Pay on train.

Hitting the Orange line before it was even live.

Medusa's & Rappin at the Riv

I remember the cardboard and the rumor that that one kid on TV broke his Neck doing a Head spin.

Fuck i got a sore ass neck, im addicted to the Computer. I get off the computer at work to get on the computer at home.

I just sat through a 2 and half hour meeting about Real grown ass men pitch an idea for investors in there New high rise. One of my boys pulls me aside and says hey i got this developer looking for money or financing there is a meeting downtown. It was end of day im like cool check it out.

End up at some Penthouse Office conference room Businessmen that look like John MCcain are shaking my hand saying glad to meet you im so and so till i get to the like 12 dude. Im asking my man like yo what the fuck did we walk into. There all kissing ass i am not even in a suit more casual today slacks dress shirt and long overcoat. Im like fuck. So i guess there are more of us there waiting for, and then about 5 more older age middle eastern cats get there and they greet them. Im like this shit is surreal. I thought we were gonna have a sit down one on one with some guy.

So all these old cats have there projector ready and they start. They do the lets everyone introduce ourselves and what we do. So fucking These rich guys start rambling off , im head counsel lawyer, im city planner so and so, im ceo of so and so and im like fuck dude all got major credentials. Im a bum and have no idea why were really here, all dudes at least 50 yrs and up i am 32 and look my age. So it gets to me and i don't even know dudes name that introduced us. I made some shit up about being an entrepreneur and I'm open to all types of projects i held the sweat back best i could.

Finally This young dude gets up i thought he was the assistant, but he was like 35 or 38. Looked dead on like Tommy Boy and his dad looked like Tommy boys dad in the Movie. He leads the presentation and we get into it, so i guess us the meaning me my boy and the middle eastern guys are here is we are supposed to be investors. Were there to invest 30 million to help these guys fund some 280 million dollar High Rise residences in downtown and a Hotel. SO im like WTF, but for some reason i decided to take it serious and pretend that i actually might invest the 30 million.

So a couple of people start asking small questions and i start chiming in. The room was quiet and i started to hammer these guys on there plans in this down market. Tommy boy starts sweating and looks flustered, his Father steps in and saves his ass. This goes on for about 2 more hours. By this time im acting as spokesperson for our group, and everyone is like good question good question patting me on the back. They presenters start talking about the Mexican foundations and district seats they voted for trying to impress me.

Finally end of meeting i walk out and the owner the older man is following me dropping all kinds of Mexican names still and how he would be willing to sponsor some events. Shit was funny as hell. There main attorney wouldn't stop jocking us followed us out the elevator all the way to our car trying to throw in good word about the development we ditched him inside some restaurant.

This shit made me think of this thread, cause those are some grown ass men and i thought i was old.

It did make me want to actually be a part of something like that shaping my cities skyline, but I wouldn't give Tommy boy my investors money. His dad was an OG Texas oil money type i think he could pull it off.

My crazy day

Yeah that's what i was saying. But i know overall our downtown has not been developed and they ok'd 16 new projects. They own 4 of the 16 plans. its a 10-15 year plan. So by the time its down the economy should have adjusted. I think they should make these Rentals instead of selling them then they can convert them later to conod's when economy turns around.

This one is almost done and they kept comparing #'s to it, but the design they were pitching was actually doper. Just a risky investment for these times. But good return for a 3 year investment. 100% return. 33% annualized cash on cash.

http://www.360residences.com/index.asp

I was thinking last night about how glad I am I grew up before the internet really popped up. I like the fact that I had to really dig and do my research to find about good music, shows, everything. Back when you had to actually know somebody at the basement show to find out it was going on, nobody was posting bulletins about it. When you had to go to some hole in the wall record store (I grew up in a smaller town) and pick the employee's brain to learn about good music. When you had to actually meet other writers to learn about caps and spots, because none of that shit was online. It took a lot more work to get involved in anything underground, and I think that gave me a greater appreciation for what I could find. I see these kids now days who get into a music scene for six months, then their out and on to the next trend. Start writing for a year and then quit, skate for a couple months and then decide they're hipsters instead, stupid shit like that.

/end tirade