Official Grown ass Man Thread

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too many little boys running around and not enough real MEN.

i've had my share of boys who loafed off me and im done with that shit.

if you can't be there for each other in every possible way, what's the fucking point?

and xen, yeah fuck a pussy

case n' point, suki don't fuck with broke ass niggas....?

i feel you on that, kind of. but i feel being "there" for each other

doesn't necessarily mean if my chick makes less than me,

or vice versa, that i gotta skip out. if that were the case i'd

be one lonely motherfucker. being a man and holdin down

yer shit, as i do, doesn't mean i'm fuckin ballin, nor does it

have to. i make shit money, but i enjoy going to work every

day and thats all that matters to me at the moment.

case n' point, suki don't fuck with broke ass niggas....?

i feel you on that, kind of. but i feel being "there" for each other

doesn't necessarily mean if my chick makes less than me,

or vice versa, that i gotta skip out. if that were the case i'd

be one lonely motherfucker. being a man and holdin down

yer shit, as i do, doesn't mean i'm fuckin ballin, nor does it

have to. i make shit money, but i enjoy going to work every

day and thats all that matters to me at the moment.

well that's what im saying.

i've always made more than dudes i dated and eventually i got taken advantage of.

i dont have a xmas gift list and i dont ask for specific shit on my bday. i look more at

the thought that went into it.

also, most dudes i dated couldnt even afford to buy me a cup of coffee. losers.

I think i made a conscious decision to grow up. A lot of things i just outgrew. Weed, meth, crack, pills. I never said, "i quit" but they just fell to the wayside as i got tired of artificial joy. I don't miss any of it at all but don't regret it either, it's made me who i am today and it's not so bad. My (now) wife was my favorite drinking buddy and i never considered dating her at all. It was her idea to step it up. It didn't work out the first time around so i hit the road, as i was prone to do. "fuck dealing with shit, I'll just run away" I spent 2 years on the road and found myself sitting on the tracks in Montgomery, Alabama where i decided to flip a coin to determine my fate. Heads i go home, go to school and settle in. Tails, i ride the next train to LA. Heads it was. I spent 2 years in school, got back with my old lady, got married, bought a pad, saved a couple of dogs, drink a bit (way) too much, go to work come home, wash, rinse repeat.

I fucked strippers, airheads, dope fiends, and all the fun shit you do in your 20's but am so much happier now than i ever was. I like being a grown up. I can't define what it means to be a man/grownup, whatever but i know it beats everything i've ever done.

Today i am doing laundry and going to pay my electric bill. FTW.

I wish I could still smoke weed

I think I would be fine if I decided to quit on my own

But I had to because of a job

Totally worth it

Only times I really miss it are on sundays when I'm on the couch watching football all day

Or after a long tough day at work

was a part of my life almost every day for about 13 years

quitting made me realize very quickly who my friends were and who I just got stoned with

Kinda depressing finding out that's all you have in common with people you thought were these great friends of yours

A long time ago i discovered people fall into 3 categories. friends, acquaintances, and people you party with. I'd be sitting around doing whatever drug we were doing at the moment and realizing how boring it would be if we were sober. I guess that's the thing about drugs, it makes boredom tolerable. it's a bit of a lazy rebellion. i'll still smoke weed every now and then if it's around but i'm not going to put any effort into it.

i still have 3 people left from the "good old days" that see all the time but the rest went the way of the dope and the 3 that i still make it a point to hang out with, i've hung with for over 15 years and they have grown up right along side with me. and it is kind of depressing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bump bump

After reading this I decided to live this way

And have since bagged an amazing, hot, intelligent, laid back, and fun woman.

* WARNING: this is not for the easily offended. If you are easily offended DO NOT READ! This is for the YOUNG MEN!*

BE A MAN!

There are a lot of guys out there who are not really men at all. The simple fact that you have a dick does not make you a man if your actions aren’t manly. The amount of semen in your nuts does not speak about your gender like your actions do. A lot of this behavior comes from society, or social conditioning. However, most of it comes from the fact that no one has taught us how to be men. For us younger guys, our fathers had no idea. They were generation zero for the feminist revolution. It is for this reason that our divorce rate continues to rise and the number of fatherless homes, as well as social problems, increase. For you older guys, many of you have suffered from failed marriages because you weren’t taught how to be men, you were expected to know how to be a man. This is not enough.

What has it led to? We have two generations of men who have no idea how to interact with women. Look at men throughout history. Look at the great inventers, conquerors, rulers, and warriors. Would they be afraid of that 120 pound girl? HELL NO! These two generations have surrendered to mediocrity and have refused their own biology to the point where our society is in shambles. A lot of our problems can be traced to a lack of a father figure, a man of the house, to teach us proper behavior. But, I digress.

Here are a few traits i've compiled that are not manly in the slightest. I have identified these traits and have written them down in a logical order:

Overly Emotional – A lot of problems, such as one-itus, can be traced to guys being overly emotional. A man does not have time to obsess over a woman he is not fucking. There are way too many things/hobbies in a man’s life for him to worry about.

Over Analyzing – Too many guys think wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. IT’S JUST A GIRL! Why are you thinking so much about something that you are PROGRAMMED TO DO NATURALLY?

Insecurity – “What if she’s cheating on me?” “I don’t trust her to have a girl’s night out!” Why would she cheat on you if you are satisfying her needs? The answer: she won’t. Being a man is what she wants you to be the most, it is what she needs.

Selfishness – Even when the relationship has lost its spark, many guys have no idea when to walk away. You will be more attractive if you end it when you both realize that it is not living up to your expectations. She will respect you more then if you just let it fizzle and die.

Fear of Sexuality – “When should I kiss her?” “I don’t want her to think that I just want sex!” You want sex. It is why you are here. Listen to your gut, you will know when to kiss her, or when to make the next move. Stop being a pussy, and be a man.

Lack of Patience – “I need help now!!” “Please give me all your routines!!” You will not learn this overnight. I repeat YOU WILL NOT LEARN THIS OVERNIGHT!!!! This is life changing, gentlemen, and will test you in ways that you will not expect. Not everyone is cut out for this, but those who persevere and put the time in will be rewarded at the end.

Whining - “My life is so hard, I can’t do this. Girls don’t like me. My routine stacks don’t work. Pick-up doesn’t work for me” Aww, poor you. Let me break out my violin for you so that I can listen to all of YOUR problems. SNAP OUT OF IT. A MAN DOES NOT WHINE! A man accepts what life throws at him and finds a way to survive and prosper. HE DOES NOT WHINE ABOUT HIS PROBLEMS.

Low Self-esteem – “I can’t do this.” Yes you can. We men have built civilizations, invented the wheel, walked on the moon, and cloned animals. You can do anything you damn well please.

Inaction – “I should go approach her. No I can’t, I’m too scared.” Any woman would love to meet you. You are a woman’s wet dream, and your inaction is depriving her of a good man. Now get your ass over there and open.

Settling – “Wow, she is the first girl that liked me. I should hold onto her!” Stop. Very few women out there are high quality. You are going to have to search through a lot of hay to find your needle. A lot of women will like you throughout this journey. Find the one that’s unforgettable.

Anti-Sociality – A real man knows how to properly meet new people. A real man hates sitting by himself while others communicate. Go out and meet new people. You will be surprised how it enriches your life.

No Passion – Where are you going in life? What do you want to be remembered for? You won’t be remembered for sitting on your couch, watching Friends. Get out there, and climb that mountain. Cross that river. Solve that equation. Pedal your ass off for the win. I don’t care what it is, but strive towards what you were born to do.

If you look closely, don’t most of these traits belong to women? They do! A woman is usually selfish, insecure, emotional, and impatient. They sure do whine a lot. Most have low self esteem. Wow, looking more closely, these, for the most part, are traits of women! These traits represent feminine nature. NOT THAT THIS IS A BAD THNG, but they aren’t manly. In fact, to be a man is to generally be the opposite of these traits. But what happened? Why are men becoming feminized? Why are men these days demonstrating these traits?

It’s called feminism: the plague upon our male society. Feminism is working to feminize our culture, feminize our men to the point where everything is androgynous. This does not work. In nature, most creatures have a female and a male. They work TOGETHER. They bring balance. Balance is the only thing that keeps the world turning. Too much of one sex, and the whole species falls apart. Our society, in its effort to be politically correct, has sought to make everything equal, to make the sexes one. The result? In America, we have very manly women (have you ever met women from Europe? They are very ‘feminine’), and we have a lot of girlish men (men who exhibit the following traits listed above).

However the problem is not with women. It is with MEN. We are failing to be men. Our culture has brainwashed us to be the men in our movies: our lovable loser AFCs (Average Frustrated Chumps) who will always get the girl in the end. This is not a movie, gentlemen; THIS IS REAL LIFE! This is not what women find sexy. Women find you the sexiest when you are a man! When you smack her ass after a good dinner, when you tease her for doing something girlish. When you stand up for what you believe in, when you have passions that rule your life, and when you treat her like a woman should be treated. A man complements those traits women have, to makeBALANCE. Without balance, we are all doomed.

Our culture is saturated with this social conditioning, but that is for another post. You want to find a real man? Go find your grandfather. Yes, our grandfathers survived the Great Depression, kicked Hitler’s ass, and dropped A-bombs on Japan. Then they came home and made children. Our grandfathers were the last generation of true men in America, and look at what they accomplished? In their time, America was the greatest country in the world.

They understood that there needs to be balance in the world. For a man, there is a universal spectrum on which to mark our behavior. On one end, we have chumps, or girlish men, who demonstrate the behavior above. On the other end, we have the jerks and assholes of the world, which operate on raw testosterone. Because the jerks/assholes operate on pure instinct, they get in trouble a lot. Nice guys and assholes are on extreme ends of the spectrum, but they both have one thing in common: they fail to be men. Being a man means a delicate balance between raw TESTOSTERONE & CALCULATING LOGIC. You should strive to be in the CENTER. A real man knows have to keep this balance intact.

Women look upon us to be the providers, the protectors, and the warriors. Nature, your biology has equipped you to be these things. It has given you muscles, a logical brain, speed, agility, and most importantly BALLS. Being able to think logically allows us to protect our women. Logical men have conquered the great civilizations. No good can come from thinking with our emotions. Our sexuality allows us to provide them with children so that we can further the species. Our passions will give us a better life; it will ensure that you will suck her into your world. Every woman’s desire is to be apart of a quality man’s life. You sociality ensures that you can protect her. It gives you a large network of friends to rely on when things get tight, instead of only have few people to fall back on.

A man thinks logically, choosing the best option for himself and those he protects. A man is secure in himself, and knows that he is one in a billion. A man embraces his sexuality and is not afraid to escalate with women, because that is what he was born to do. A man demonstrates raw confidence, because confidence is masculinity at its finest: the perfect complement to femininity. A man is a social creature, constantly meeting and connecting with new people in an effort to make the great journey that is life, a little less lonely. A man has goals and dreams, separate from women, that he can work towards, and make his life truly memorable. Finally, a man has the action to make all these dreams come true, to be able to take the first step toward an extraordinary life.

Nature has endowed you with these traits in order to do her bidding. Nature has shaped men to be all these things. It is a role that has been designed for you from billions of years of evolution. Listen to nature, follow your gut, and understand the delicate balance that nature has provided for you. Your logic and your testosterone will form the ultimate combination for manhood.

Let the society tell you how wrong you are, for they have no idea why they dislike you so much. It is because they respect you, because a real man has risen from the ashes. When you have respect, you have attraction. It is the role that you were made for. Will you shirk away from your duty and attempt to live life as an androgynous male, or will you accept your destiny, stand up for your dreams, passions, your friends, and everything you believe in, and become a MAN?

In the end, it becomes a simple choice. Will you yield to fear, to taking the easy way out, or will you choose love? Will you step up and be a MAN, and live an extraordinary life or will you forever wallow in the darkness?

• Like 1

While the gist of what that guys is trying to say is decent, this bit right here is straight retarded

It’s called feminism: the plague upon our male society. Feminism is working to feminize our culture, feminize our men to the point where everything is androgynous. This does not work. In nature, most creatures have a female and a male. They work TOGETHER. They bring balance. Balance is the only thing that keeps the world turning. Too much of one sex, and the whole species falls apart. Our society, in its effort to be politically correct, has sought to make everything equal, to make the sexes one. The result? In America, we have very manly women (have you ever met women from Europe? They are very ‘feminine’), and we have a lot of girlish men (men who exhibit the following traits listed above).

That's the OPPOSITE of feminism. The feminist movement was to make women MORE independent, harder working equals of MEN. Not the other way around.

And PUA is retarded. I read a couple books because a few guys i knew and respected were into it, tried to take it seriously for a couple months, confirmed it was a fucking scam then moved on. If anybody actually still takes that crap seriously, look into an actual field of science such as clinical psychology, cognitive/behavioral science, neurology, etc.

i thought old men were supposed to be bitter...you sound like a bunch of 20somethings who are pissed at having to sit through one too many feminist theory classes. i wanted to gripe, you know...really cut it up. this shit make me want to move to the burbs, start playing frisbee golf and take up stamp collecting.

on a ridiculously unrelated side note, i recently started doing acid again...

And PUA is retarded. I read a couple books because a few guys i knew and respected were into it, tried to take it seriously for a couple months, confirmed it was a fucking scam then moved on. If anybody actually still takes that crap seriously, look into an actual field of science such as clinical psychology, cognitive/behavioral science, neurology, etc.

its not a scam, it all works. but like anything some people delve too deeply into it and take it too far.

i do respect my grandpa, swampfight. but a lot of men from his generation were still assholes.

i'm not down with the whole degrading women thing, they're more important than many men realize. and if you think many of them are impatient, too emotional, ditzy, etc. it's because they were probably raised TO BE THAT WAY.

i know a girl who is a pretty decent person, but not too bright. once her boyfriend was treating her like shit in front of her dad and she protested, and her dad actually said "he's the man, honey so he's right."

lots of girls probably realize guys go for submissive ditz retards so that's what they become despite whatever their potential may be.

lots of men from my grandfather's generation hit their wives (not my gramps but other senior citizens i know of). lots of cops would also not intervene back in the 40s because that was considered people's "private business."

and i was going to give soup props but i have given out too much reputation lately negging retards in the nyc thread.