Thank you = you’re welcome?

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at my job I do collections on occasion for delinquent clients.

I hear the same crap every day "I never got a bill. This is YOUR fault. Etc. Etc."

Most of these people are lying. You can just tell after awhile.

Anyway, if these people come into the office and are as nice as can be, given the situation, I'll go out of my way to help them. Way more than I should, by company standards.

Example:

This one Texan-cowboy guy who owes us a bunch of money. We have his assets locked up. He's going to lose everything he has with us. Etc. Every time he's come into the office, he's been extremely friendly and polite. He owes us ALOT. I call him because he's on the days collection calls list.... he tells me that he lost his job and knows he's going to lose everything and literally cannot do anything for us. He says that his primary concern is finding food at this point, because he hasn't eaten in a few days. I tell him that if he can give us ANYTHING, that I'll go out of my way to see to it that he gets his stuff back. Typically, my bosses are somewhat okay with us taking 60+% of what people owe. I tell this guy that if he can get me any money at all, I'll work with him. Even if he can come up with 5-10%, which could get me fired. He said he'll see if he can find some way to borrow the money and thanked me for trying to help him.

Now, today, this woman comes into my office.... fat, white trash, pig of a woman. Immediately she's got a fucking attitude, despite my trying to be as amicable as possible. I explain to her why she owes us money in late fees, she is clearly in the wrong. She continues to be extremely rude and point out that I'm somehow wrong and that "this whole thing is bullshit. You don't know what you're doing". LUCKILY, I quit my job the other week.... put in my two weeks notice. My last day is Tuesday. So... I don't care if I get fired or anything, it'll just be giving me a day or two off before going to my new job. So, I decide I'd like to get fired and I tell this woman that she's wrong and that I'm not going to do anything for her. She tells me that "this company has it's head up it's ass", I proceed to tell her that "the company is not the one with their head up their ass, in this case.... refer to your bill.... do you see that date? Thats when you're due. Now, you can either give us our money, or you can feel free to leave."

Long story short, I said a lot of other things. I was trying to get her to keep whining so that I could tell her that I was calling the waaaahmbulance to make an emergency trip to get her. She ended up just throwing a check at me and storming out. Fuck you bitch.

Basically, if you're nice and polite.... I'll work with you. If you're a fucking fat retard who thinks that the world owes them something, then you're going to be in for a huge shock.

• Like 1

this one time i was in albertson's with two of my friends, just trying to get some soda or candy or anything because it was a hot fucking summer day. right when we get to the candy, we're picking out what we want, and a worker that was at least 5 aisles away walks right over to the drinks and pretends to be rearranging them or whatever. i don't think he had any idea how obvious he was being, but i was already pretty pissed, and i said "could we help you?"

he didn't say anything and walked away, 1 minute later we hear on the loudspeaker "can we get our cameras in on aisle 2," and i was like you've gotta be shitting me, right?

we grabbed 4 bag fulls of candy and drinks and just threw them on the floor and left.

THAT kind of shit makes me fucking angry.

On this tip, there was one day where I stopped in some store because it was so cold outside, to the point where I couldn't move my fingers etc. I was with a friend, and we were just looking at snacks or something while we warmed up, and he ended up taking his time picking something. I had a bag with me (suspect I guess), and this one college student who was working there was doing the same shit, trying to look like he was fixing displays or what have you. My friend paid, and we went downstairs to where the exit was. The guy who had been grilling the entire time sprinted down the other set of stairs and stood in front of the door, not wanting to let me by. He wasn't saying a thing, I eventually had to squeeze around him (pause) and he stood in the street staring until we went around the corner. Shit's ridiculous.

this one time i was in albertson's with two of my friends, just trying to get some soda or candy or anything because it was a hot fucking summer day. right when we get to the candy, we're picking out what we want, and a worker that was at least 5 aisles away walks right over to the drinks and pretends to be rearranging them or whatever. i don't think he had any idea how obvious he was being, but i was already pretty pissed, and i said "could we help you?"

he didn't say anything and walked away, 1 minute later we hear on the loudspeaker "can we get our cameras in on aisle 2," and i was like you've gotta be shitting me, right?

we grabbed 4 bag fulls of candy and drinks and just threw them on the floor and left.

THAT kind of shit makes me fucking angry.

By the way I look..I get this shit bout 80% of the time I go into a fuken store..Funny part is, the times I got rolled up on by security or a worker to ask me if I need help, I never had any intentions of rackin anything, Im actually there to buy sumthing..Krazy shit..

i deal with the same shit, but workin for tips from super rich yuppie fucks with major attitude, they get no love and looks when they tip me with quarters. who in the fuck tips with quarters.

if they bothered to tip proper: 1 beer, mixed drink, or glass of wine-1 buck.

1 pitcher-3-5 bucks per.

then i'd be happy in my job, even with the rate per hr. i get.

these fucks are so rich they dont know what to do with themselves.

I've never really understood tipping. Why the fuck does your government allow people to pay such low wages that their staff need to supplement their income with tips - which are at the mercy of their asshole patrons?

yeah, when i traveled to japan and australia, i was shocked to learn that it's not the norm to tip. people were looking at me like i had 10 heads when i was going to give them more money.

the system here is bullshit, tips are tax free cash in pocket, so in many instances it's not a bad deal. i guess it all depends on your line of work and the day/night in question.