Ironlak

androidx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on the write4gold site. http://www.write4gold.info/html/Melbourne__AU.419.0.html This was only 2 years ago. :lol:

For a company that claims to be the world's best spraypaint you sure do defend yourselves a lot.

I've tried Ironlak but can't say it's good at all. Apart from the price! But I suppose every writer is different, a lot of my friends use it because they paint steel snd don't want to waste a fortune, but others that paint walls prefer to use molotow cause they don't fade and they are more reliable.

Thank you.;)

Lowie,

We're not entirely sure how your post about W4G really relates to us. However interestingly enought the crew that won it prefers to use Ironlak, feel free to ask them yourself. Molotow is a good product and like all products has pro's & con's however if you ask writers from QLD in Australia many would confirm that Molotow like all paints does in fact fade.

We think the below link more than illustrates the quality of Ironlak and what can be done on walls with it;

http://www.ironlak.com/learnmore/2009/10/kung-fu-masters-by-ironlak-family-gold.html

We can't ever recall that we claimed to be the worlds best paint (not to say it hasn't been said) probably the biggest difference between us and other brands is that we are a company of active writers and we engage our customers through forums like this for feedback it allows us to answer their queries directly, and clearly demonstrates that we care about our customers being happy with our product and that we refuse to rest on our laurels.

We can fully appreciate that Ironlak is not everyone's cup of tea, and that is why various other brands exist. Thankfully for us most of the people on this forum appear to be over the moon with Ironlak. That being said if you let us know what it is you don't like about Ironlak we'll take a look at it, as we said we're not a company that rests on our laurels and we want happy customers.

Thanks

Ironlak Team

For those in Australia, we haven't raised our prices in more than 5 years and we're not planning to do so anytime soon. For those in Melbourne check out 696 they are selling Ironlak for abotu $6.00 a can, shop around different stores have different cost structures so sell the paint at different prices.

For the USA person that asked, our costs are continually rising, or at a minimum shifting temporarily and we do everything we can not to introduce price increases on our customers, in most cases we work out how to be a more lean and efficient business so the burden of the cost increase doesn't rest with our customers. If you look at the Australian market we haven't increased our prices there ever, so that is a pretty strong indication about how we try to operate, we're conscious that writers don't have a lot of money and we try our best to absorb those costs where we can.

Thanks

let's say hypothetically i was to make a mass online order of lak. as far as colors go, what is a wise choice to make? i mean, should i get a lot of a few colors (10 cans of lets say 6 or 7 colors) or alot of colors with 3 or 4 cans per color? i didnt want to make a big deal or make a thread pertain to this, but i was just curious, i never order paint online..

I prefer a few cans of a lot of colors. That way if you get a color that doesn't cover quite like you wanted, you're not stuck with too much of it. I have found that the lighter yellows/oranges don't cover dark colors very well. On the other hand, Chameleon covers well.

I would suggest a few of several colors over several of a few colors.

if you live in the states and you rack/buy painters touch. choose colors you cant find at your local home depot.

but if its your first order i say lots of colors you like and and about 3 or 4 of each. save your money to do the bulk order the next time. figure out what colors work for you and your style and preference before you go and drop a big grip of cash on it. and oink seems to have a lot the reds and yellows out of stock right now. so id wait till they restock. which they are good about doing it in a timely fashion. than pick about 10 or 12 different colors. get 2 of each and see what you like best than go back and get what you like best when you can afford it.

I prefer a few cans of a lot of colors. That way if you get a color that doesn't cover quite like you wanted, you're not stuck with too much of it. I have found that the lighter yellows/oranges don't cover dark colors very well. On the other hand, Chameleon covers well.

I would suggest a few of several colors over several of a few colors.

[ATTACH]121392[/ATTACH]

get a case of every color....

Ironlak those little lids are ridiculous either keep the big clear lids or use a plastic ring spacer under the caps like montana gold.

agreed.. black lids are worthless, absolutely worthless, i knocked one off a can by thinking hard about it, no shit! but it sucks making sure all the caps are off before you move the cans or else there's gonna be a leak.. ironlak should have stayed with the big clear lids with a fat and thin in each.

agreed.. black lids are worthless, absolutely worthless, i knocked one off a can by thinking hard about it, no shit! but it sucks making sure all the caps are off before you move the cans or else there's gonna be a leak.. ironlak should have stayed with the big clear lids with a fat and thin in each.

QFT

I save my plastic clears now just in case, and toss all the black ones. Either clear or nothing. Maybe lower the price of a can by a cent or two haha.

ok for the last time... something is straight fucked up about ironlak... this shit is literally giving people brain damage, and an end needs to be put at LEAST to the stupid LAZY fat fucking k fuck who runs this shitty business or whatever the fuck is behind this fucking shit... its literallly going to kill graffiti you fucks, and if you cant get off your fuyckin asses to do something about this... shits gonna go bad.. its a fucking SHAME that such pretty ass colors can be wasted in a formula meant to fuck peoples heads up...coming soon to you, ironlaks reasons for being so shitty. we'll start with the first reason... its probably fucking RUN by the K .. and if you dont know what that means, your fucking screwed.

We've adjusted the mold of the black caps so that it should fit a little more securely in future batches of paint though this could take some time to filter through. We moved away from the big caps for a number of reasons, it wasted too much plastic, stores complained it didn't show the colour of the can well enough and thirdly some writers complained they were near impossible to remove in the winter time.

Cheers

Why has ironlak gone up in price in australia? It was $4 now its $6 a can.????

yeah most of the places in sydney were doing it for $4 because there was so much competition between all the stockists as so many new stores were opening up reasonably close to each other and they were all competing for lowest price. also the release of crunch paint meant the stores had to sell ironlak at a competetive price.

also Lowie, Write4gold is sponsored by molotow, also its a fairly prestigious battle and a pretty big deal to be a part of it, so i think its only fair that these writers be allowed to use molotow for that occasion especially since the use of ironlak wouldnt be permitted due to the sponsorship. im sure if someone from a montana or mtn writer team were to enter an ironlak sponsored they would use ironlak.

ok for the last time... something is straight fucked up about ironlak... this shit is literally giving people brain damage, and an end needs to be put at LEAST to the stupid LAZY fat fucking k fuck who runs this shitty business or whatever the fuck is behind this fucking shit... its literallly going to kill graffiti you fucks, and if you cant get off your fuyckin asses to do something about this... shits gonna go bad.. its a fucking SHAME that such pretty ass colors can be wasted in a formula meant to fuck peoples heads up...coming soon to you, ironlaks reasons for being so shitty. we'll start with the first reason... its probably fucking RUN by the K .. and if you dont know what that means, your fucking screwed.

So im pretty sure that you're fucking retarded...First off, all fumes from spray paint can give you brain damage. If you don't like the risk then you need to get yourself one of these 71-07193.jpg

so stop bitching about Ironlak. Its a good paint, and unless you don't have a real complaint, just don't post