Ironlak

androidx

:lol: ^

but i think ironlak is selling it as cheap as possible. to be honest if youre paying for painters touch (best paint for the price in the US $3.40) you might as well through down the extra 50 cents for a can of ironlak. to be honest its some of the best paint ive ever used. and being as afforable as it is for someone on my budget makes it even better. plus every couple months they release about a dozen new colors that never dissapoint. and to hear that they have upped their pigment up to the level of auto paint is just awesome. cant wait till the new colors are available on oink.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it should just be way cheaper for the normal consumer... instead of people buying 1200 packs for 1.75 a can, why not just make that shit affordable to the average painter

Pretty sure the 1200 can pallet is leaker cans, that's why it's so cheap.

wow there are some pretty outrageous posts on here so we're not entirely sure what justifies being responded to and what doesn't. So we've responded in general to most of the feedback on the past few pages.

Regarding the smell, its been addressed who knows how many times in here, but its a perfume in the paint, we're actually in the process of reducing the perfume content because we later found out a high percentage of people get headaches from perfumes, this is a reaction in their brain and has nothing to do with how toxic the perfume is. Someone mentioned nerve damage, we had to laugh, how far do you want to stretch the truth?

On the subject of smell Ephect said companies lie. I'm sure some do but lets be honest Graffiti is a culture built around word of mouth. If we lie about something our reputation and credibility will be shot down eventually, we're not a company that really thinks short term, if we were then maybe lying would be advantageous but as it stands lying to our customers wouldn't be the smartest move for us to build long-term support

We've a company of writers (unlike most other brands) and every writer employed at Ironlak uses only Ironlak. While I wouldn't encourage others to follow in my footsteps, i NEVER wear a mask or gloves.

The other thing is that as its a perfume in the paint, it doesn't itself smell like paint, so while the smell may be strong, most people won't recognise Ironlak's smell as paint when they smell it.

Someone mentioned fading, we've stated a while back (maybe a month ago) that we've increased all of our pigment grades to 7, with the exception of one (its not available in Grade 7) basically this is the highest level of pigment available, its automotive grade, so while some colours will fade regardless of what brands you use we can assure you that in the colours that are more likely to fade ours will last as long as anything else that is available.

Peace

The Ironlak Team

"We've a company of writers (unlike most other brands)" :innocent:

...go and fade away as your paint do :disguised:

They are a company of people who are willing to take criticisms in an open forum, that should tell you something about the type of stand up people they are. They care about their product and how it is being received by writers, and how to improve it. There was a high demand for lil laks, so guess what, lil laks hit the market, there was a high demand for clothes, so guess what, clothes hit the market. They were informed their paint fades on freights, so guess what, they added more pigment to their paint.

Yes, they have had a shakey beginning, but their track record as far as fixing their problems is spot on. You dont like their paint, dont use their paint. Seems simple enough.

Someone mentioned fading, we've stated a while back (maybe a month ago) that we've increased all of our pigment grades to 7, with the exception of one (its not available in Grade 7) basically this is the highest level of pigment available, its automotive grade, so while some colours will fade regardless of what brands you use we can assure you that in the colours that are more likely to fade ours will last as long as anything else that is available.

Peace

The Ironlak Team

When was this put into effect as in when was the first crate of upgraded pigmentation paint released to the general public?

They are a company of people who are willing to take criticisms in an open forum, that should tell you something about the type of stand up people they are. They care about their product and how it is being received by writers, and how to improve it. There was a high demand for lil laks, so guess what, lil laks hit the market, there was a high demand for clothes, so guess what, clothes hit the market. They were informed their paint fades on freights, so guess what, they added more pigment to their paint.

Yes, they have had a shakey beginning, but their track record as far as fixing their problems is spot on. You dont like their paint, dont use their paint. Seems simple enough.

Best post on this thread.

retarded-1.jpg

People already said that was the old formula from the old leakers....thickheaded shitdick.

fool your outta your fuckin mind when i cant rack that shit ...youe probably an emofag or hipster anyway ...you dont want none

I got 8 cans earlier from Oink. Definitely less spray from say, a pink dot than a hardcore, but awesome nevertheless. I'm going ironlak for a while. You have to spray a little slower to get the good coverage, but I am cool with that.

Props to ironlak for a good product and not charging us out the ass.

• Like 1

ephect we'll keep the kush fragrance in mind !!

x5v1s, thanks for the feedback. You made a point about the white and yellow, fyi White's and yellows generally don't fade. Those they definitely don't look as good as the day you laid them down though, and while we're not trying to excuse the fact the red faded, nobody produces a red that has exceptional light fastness, reds just don't have the UV stability to hang in there for as long as other colours.

2-C+C-2, thanks for a constructive post. Not much more could be said. We are going to continue making mistakes, we're not a huge multinational, but we'll definitely keep giving back to the culture as often and much as we can.

Onik734, sorry we misunderstood you. Fyi our paint contains about 1-2% Toluene, and we're well aware of the effects of Toluene however it should be noted that there are several other solvents commonly used in paint that have a lower LD rate than Toluene (higher toxicity) Fyi Painters touch contains quite a high concentrate of both Toluene and Xylene.

Freddy Mercury, paint changes its make up and performance as weather conditions change, but our paint received really strong reviews from many writers in the Mid-West last winter in conditions well below zero. As the temp drops the paint will become more viscous and prone to blogging caps quicker, the spray rate will decrease etc, but these results would be experienced in any aerosol.

Cheers

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

go be a moron somewhere else

oh yeah dog that paint gave me nerve damage, careful inhaling that shit. i wasnt huffing or anything...

oh, you weren't?

...i was just painting in my basement and then sleeping in the fumes like a retard.

..oh wait, yes you were! maybe learn from your mistakes little toby!

oh yeah product idea. ironlak airfreshners.

agree

and to the kid who said ironlak should make the paint smell like weed. go back to bombingscience, go upload pics of your "gnarly kush" and talk about how much weed you smoke over there.