So today, I'm going to Goldstone

WorldBench

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude, that was the coolest shit ever, lemme try to explain everything i can while i was there

first i found out there is 10 planets, pluto is a dwarf planet but still a planet. < i got a highschool diploma and some credits, never knew there was 10 planets, im so tripping out cause of this

they've got like 24 satellites there, that can pick up from .010th of a watt all the way up to 400,000,000+ watts

they listen to everything in space, we learned how they communicate with every NASA program and space shuttle/craft etc in space

we went to the mission control room, and they were working with the thing rolling around mars right now

they taught us about how all the little rovers work and stuff

shit took me back to like grade school, it was fucking awesome.

it was the best 2 hour tour i've taken. we went with a group of boyscouts, and the lady was like "we have special guests today, the other group are u.s soldiers!"

you look over and everyone has a cain, leg brace or crutches lol. all wounded soldiers from iraq, that's the unit i'm in now

kinda funny, made me chuckle cause our group is always drugged out, and it was like something off family guy. i dunno guess you had to be there,

still the best tour, wish i would've took my camera, i'll post more stuf in a minute

One of the De-Commisioned Antenna's are ran by a High School now, they got permission to utilize and own it since they were going to tear it down, so now the highschools can study deep space.

they even found a small watt of communication that nasa couldn't find

160106main_gavrt-sunrise-browse.jpg

it's crazy, the guys there wear their mission patches like soldiers and airmen wear theirs

it wasn't really work related, everyone wanted to take a trip so our 1SG set up a trip here. next time we're going to primm/vegas. it was something to do since it was friday and we all hate working