Has this happenned to any of you girls?

shitting

a couple days ago i sat at this bench with metal arms, that i could not put my hands anywhere near without getting continuously electrocuted.

I'm not talking about the standard static that feels like a stove ignition spark.

I would run my hand along the the bench's arm, about an inch off it, and get a constant shock - not intermittent. i was sitting there for 5 minutes trying to make myself hold my hand there, and absorb the electricity like a man, but it was impossible even though I was wasted as all hell.

No one i was with got zapped at all when they tried, so the bench wasn't live.

totally dumb scientific speculation welcome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
electrocute

verb

1. kill by electric shock; "She dropped the hair dryer into the bathtub and was instantly electrocuted"

2. kill by electrocution, as in the electric chair; "The serial killer was electrocuted"

Just learned a few days ago that electrocution involves death only.

I did not know that. what is the appropriate word to use then?

are you sure you werent just wasted and this all never happened?

positive.

Guest shai_hulud

I don't know- every time I've gotten shocked (several times), I knew it.

You know how Homer Simpson looks when he catches a hot one? That's exactly how it feels.

Guest shai_hulud

Well, for the time being.

I do have a tendency to stray.

Not to mention THE SAME FUCKING EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS. So, if you miss me, let me know. I don't mind. I just might not respond right away.

BTW, have any of you ever touched the coil on a car when it's trying to start? Don't. I did it once. I smacked my head on the inside of the hood and almost shit my pants.

I also recommend avoiding electric fences and drunks with tasers...but the latter can be fun if you turn the tables on them.

I probably don't know what I'm talking about but I think it might have something to do with an actual current running to the bench somehow. My dad bought this beat up trailer thing to go camping in that has electricity. One day I was going in and out and everytime I touched the door knob or metal around the door, I'd get a shock. When I'd hold on to either I'd be continually shocked like you were.

Another time in middle school, all the girls in the locker room would dare another girl to touch one hand dryer with one hand and use the other hand to touch the dryer next to it. Whenever someone did it, I did this too, she'd be shocked/having the current run through her to the next dryer(I'm thinking).

soo... possibility?

fuck electric fences.

back in the youngin days

my friend and i thought it would be a good idea to push over a old tilted barn that was ready to fall.

he hopped the fence easy, there were cows on the other side, it wasnt a big deal.

once we pushed it over the cows went crazy and started to chase us.

we were ina hurry not to get trampled so being carfull was not in mind.

but the deal with the fence is. if you are grounded it wont shock you.

we grabbed the top wire of the fence and then lifted our feet to hop over. we got shocked so fucking bad,

i guess the cows hooves prevent them from being grounded thats why it shocks them no matter what

Guest shai_hulud

That's sort of what happened to me. I used to live out in the sticks when I was a kid, and a lot of people had horses.

One day, I was cutting through my neighbor's backyard/corral to go home...I went to hop over this fence, and I grabbed the top wire...suddenly, YANNNNNGANNGNANNGANNNGANNNG.

I started screaming, but I couldn't let go. Finally, I guess I just fell backwards off the fence and laid there twitching in the dirt.

Guest shai_hulud

I'm just remembering some of the shit we used to do in science class.

My friend rigged up this thing with a battery, a transformer, a switch, and a pair of leads. He wired it up in series, and every time he threw the switch it would give you a jolt that was stepped up by the transformer. It was strong enough to make you jump, that's for sure.

We got my stoner friend to take about fifteen clicks of the switch before he dropped the leads. I'm sure I wanted to see smoke come out of his ears or something, but he stopped around the time his teeth started chattering.