Drummer superthread

RathofGod

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

for those who don't know

suitcase = bass drum

build9.jpg

only not so complicated. Just hit the fucker with a pedal, i don't think you really need all that fanciness.

i have awful neighbors who have a problem with my drumset and who tried to nark on me for selling the weed (which i don't in the first place.) So, I have to keep the drums elsewhere. A few extra toms and a snare, with towels over them, and a suit case make a great substitute, if anyone else is having a similar problem. pictures later maybe when i have not been drinking.

Congrats lets keep bumping.

I have to go on stage on saturday and play to a click track live. That shit is gonna be nuts, there are triggers on the keyboard with prerecorded tracks and if I am not on with that click then everything is going to shit. Talk about pressure...

Zildjian

A's

acustom.jpg

K's

k_cust_16_d_c.jpg

plzkthxbai

I think you want this...

Part#: DWSP2005 3/32” Hex Wrench for Stroke adjustment and Toe Clamp (4 pack) 9000 & 5000 Series Pedals

this may just be the wrench though I dunno I say call up your local drum shop.

word good looks i think thats what i need gunna bring it into the shop next week. been playin shows with out the clamp dumb ass singer keeps leaning on my set and the pedal is like across the room.....mad annoying.

Eighth notes withs triplet feel accent the "a" (aka last not) make it sound continuous though out. Fucking awesome fills can come of it when you move it around the drums...

I spent 5 hours playing today with my drummer we went though this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JzdGpDC6UBY

:20 through :28 - are good examples...splitting it up and adding notes make it really good

Its 2:20am I just got back for opening up for lifehouse. Not gonna lie the drummer is so tight to the music its insnae...Wicked nice guy I borrowed a throne from him he complimented my kit...

I played in front of 1500+ people the entire venue Mulcahy's in Long Island NY shit was packed back to front people loved the music we played I am really happy. People from Lifehouse are wicked nice and the first famous people I have ever met. It was such a good night. I am out fucking tired...

Here are some pics:

Backstage (actually upstairs VIP room fully stocked with Odouls?)

MY guitarist went up there and actually ran into lifehouse right before they went on stage said also wicked nice guys..

Backstage.jpg

We went to get pizza saw this place on the way there. Isnt this an oxymoron?

guidos.jpg

The kit I was using for the night. Small compact eeverything i need nothing i dont. It kinda looks like a toy.

lifehousekit1.jpg

Kit on stage with lifehouse kit in back.

lifehousekit.jpg

Archived