Official 12oontz Music Producer Exchange

T4M*

They work so good for so cheap. The focusrite ASIO driver works great too. I've got mine set up like this.

20241002_100443.jpg

I've got an electro harmonix intelligent harmony machine so I don't have to retune my guitars so much when I want to play in different tunings - worth it's fucking weight in gold. I like floyd rose guitars and fucking hate tuning them since I like really light strings. I can twist the knob and tune it down from E standard to a whole octave down to E again easily and with some tweaking you can get it to sharps/flats too so you can play shit like Slayer and the like easily.

From there I run it into amplitube or the new line 6 software (new-ish I guess) to act as the world's fanciest pedalboard even though I have a fair amount of pedals all over my office and prefer using those for the heavier shit I play because I do some creative routing with them.

20241002_100517.jpg

From the box I route the output to either my JCM800 half stack (my go-to usually) or the Orange if i'm trying to be quiet. The Fender bass300c is a great amp but doesn't play well with routing from my computer because there's no effects loop in it BUT I do like to route it when I have my KK MXR 10 band EQ splitting outputs half to my JCM half to the bass amp to handle the lower tones.

Running this shit through Ableton you're able to get live monitoring so if you just want to jam is the most convenient thing in the world. Very easy to run EZdrummer on another track within Ableton so you can normalize volume and BPM if you're running any effects or whatever that's dependent on a locked BPM.

Edited by Corpseinarug
Hookers. SO many hookers
  • Props 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Oh and it might have been mentioned before, but buy some studio monitors. Don't be stupid like me and omit the low end. I've got two Mackie monitors on my desk that's decent for mid/high but I end up switching it out to my soundbar or studio headphones (Sennheiser for my dollar is the best cost/efficiency ratio in that space) and actually end up using those headphones for a lot of video gaming because big surprise the guy with RGB everything on his computer like video games too

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:00 PM, T4M* said:

You are going need an Audio Recording interface and any DAW of your choice.

The cheapest way :

Screenshot_20241001_004740_Firefox.thumb.jpg.c05f9dba7197495ea82a3c5cbea9b673.jpg

If you can spend $100 ish, I can find you a good ARI . These allow you to hook up a mic, instrument,  or Audio , and convert it to digital sound. In the process,  there will be a lag and you can tell when you have a mic, and your voice don't sync up to your headphones.  If you ain't gonna spit hot fiya mon, go cheap.

DAW:

I use Ableton :

AudioMeter.png.e905761886b4aa9e829f35208145f5fa.png

I don't remember if FL studio is free, but any Audio program will do the trick. I'm more experienced with Ableton, I can help you then.

My tables don’t have USB jack in them. Would I be able to go into those bad ass speakers you recommended to me with the Scarlett?

On 10/4/2024 at 3:35 PM, LUGR said:

My tables don’t have USB jack in them. Would I be able to go into those bad ass speakers you recommended to me with the Scarlett?

Um..... what? You don't need to?

Your two tables should go to your mixer,  from the mixer it goes to Scarlett (for recording purposes or live shows with a computer).

If you want your Scarlett to control the volume for both your mixer and computer , it is possible. This method has pros and cons.

Need to know what you trying to do so I can recommend the right wires and setup.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, T4M* said:

Um..... what? You don't need to?

Your two tables should go to your mixer,  from the mixer it goes to Scarlett (for recording purposes or live shows with a computer).

If you want your Scarlett to control the volume for both your mixer and computer , it is possible. This method has pros and cons.

Need to know what you trying to do so I can recommend the right wires and setup.

Thanks, I understand now. Was thinking I could maybe run it through the speaker since the back control panel has inputs and level controls. I get the sequence of equipment now.

• Like 1

For those that have original vynal record players, you can easily convert your setup to work with digital Music and DJ programs with Phase :

Screenshot_20241011_162121_Firefox.jpg.b79c50ece5e86d4b83dfae4d0659a947.jpg

Screenshot_20241011_162054_Firefox.thumb.jpg.8718c86806dbf6ca8b32e788306049f3.jpg

Screenshot_20241011_162110_Firefox.jpg.f610e7699eb4a34c654a46732313d598.jpg

Screenshot_20241011_162355_Firefox.jpg.05ab4c9b029cd5fc4e9cb3f061431e7c.jpg

Pretty jealous since you have both DJ worlds when ever. You also don't need Turntables to make this work. I've seen people use regular fans , funny but it works.

Edited by T4M*
  • Like 1

^^

The downfall is your Mixer. The DJ Programs have filters and effects,  you won't be able to control them with your original mixer. You would have to upgrade it , otherwise you have to use your mouse or pad.

7 hours ago, LUGR said:

the back control panel has inputs

One quick note:

The Scarlett has 1/4 inch outputs only. I'm positive your speakers have that input.

This already will upgrade your sound as well. If not, there is a wire that goes from 1/4 inch to RCA.

• Like 1
  • Props 1