execution in puerto rico

lord_casek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i6Iqmw0eas

A Puerto Rico Police Officer shot and killed a local man over the word "charlatan".One of three officers involved in the incident shot the man "point blank" at least 4 times after the man had been being handcuffed on a street sidewalk in the town of Humacao.

Initially, the officer in question shot himself in the thigh, while pulling his gun out of his holster during the scuffle, subsequently the officer shot the man he had just subdued at least four times killing him.

The three officers involved then fled the scene in their patrol car. Local residents had to call "the police" to report the killing. Pedro Toledo, Puerto Rico's Police Superintendent called the killing an "execution". Nelson Echevarría,President Of The Puerto Rico Police Federartion said that the officer's actions were an indication of "lack recurring training" and the failure to "follow-up" on said training by the Puerto Rico Police Academy. The incident started when the victim "motioned" to the Police Officer that it was safe to proceed thru the street where a neighborhood party was taken place. The officer balked at the victim's comment citing "Who Do You Think You Are? "you are a "charlatan". "You are talking to the Puerto Rico police". The victim answered, "with all due respect officer, I think you are the "charlatan". The victim's comments ignited the ire of one of the officers, resulting in the victim's death at the hands of a "so-called" "public servant". The Victim was part of a 15 year old girl's birthday celebration. The Federal Bureau Of Investigation has entered the case. The officer in question was freed on bail, at 5:59 p.m., August 16, 2007

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
damn...i hella want to go to puerto rico for a visit...

but after mams telling me about shankings and seeing cops kill a man...

fuck it....i still want to go....that place looks fucking awesome!

yeah, but i hear jamaica is way worse. pirates, etc.

stick with mamerro. it looks like he showed rage a good time

and he's still alive.

about the cops: i don't know if they were/are on a power trip,

but it seems like that is the case. there are good and bad in

every position of authority. hopefully the puerto rican police

will be forced to clean themselves out and do the right thing.

This shit happens all the time in the US. The only difference is that the cops don't just bounce like nothing happened. They just trump up a false report about how the victim assaulted them or made threatening jestures. And in the end the Judge finds that they "acted accordingly", and all charges are dropped. And the fuckers get to keep their jobs.

The death penalty is banned under our sovereign constitution, but we are still subject to the US federal death penalty. Puertorricans are against it in general, but already the victim's family is calling out to get this guy deaded.

They couldn't even put this guy in jail when he was arrested cause he'd be lynched immediately.

The way I see it, this dude is way fucked. There is a moment in the video where you can see the victim latched on to the officer's thigh, where the sidearm rests, and that struggle probably led to the gun going off and wounding the officer. Up to there, the officer had an OK self-defense case. Of course, he ended up pulling the gun out and shooting the crap out of the guy, including a straight up execution-style shot to the back of the head, all on video. Fucked. More doubtful is the fate of the other two officers who didn't do shit and left the scene with the perpetrator.

That's fucked up, brutal. Shows what a pig this cop is, people like that should never be handed positions of authority. Mams, what is the guy saying in the video?

This shit happens all the time in the US. The only difference is that the cops don't just bounce like nothing happened. They just trump up a false report about how the victim assaulted them or made threatening jestures. And in the end the Judge finds that they "acted accordingly", and all charges are dropped. And the fuckers get to keep their jobs.

More bullshit stemming from the hands of a 14-year-old.

• 4 weeks later...

that's intense, unfortunately they took the youtube down.

i posted this in the documentary thread, but i think this goes well with this thread. watch this film if you haven't already. it takes place in brazil, and it's a well done representation of the social struggle in that country, as well as the undertrained and corrupt law enforcement teams.

p1_bus174.jpg