Movie Cliches, or "We're Taking Over the Investigation"

SpyD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horror movie cliche:

guy stands in front of sink in bathroom, looks in mirror. opens mirror-door and grabs something out of the medicine cabinent. closes mirror-door and a ghost or a monster appears in the mirror reflection behind the dude, while simultaneously you hear a loud music/sound-effect. dude turns around and no one is there

This cliche is another reason why Bloodsport is one of the greatest movies ever as Van Damme is on the bus and does this in the bus window, seeing a reflection of Chong Li but then turns and sees he isn't really there.

why is it that in movies driving a car is almost an entirely automated task, no changing gears (okay so they may have an automatic transmission), barely any attention paid to the road, no indicators... dude is there driving along, having an in depth discussion with the person in the passenger seat, giving them their undivided attention.

What about motorbikes that have unlimited gears? The chase scene in Terminator 2 is a good example of this, in the dirtbike Eddie Furlong is on has an uncountable number of gear changes between the girly screams.

How come there is never any mention of the hundreds of innocent bystanders that have to be KILLED during all the crazy action/driving/shooting/transformer fighting scenes? The streets should be red with blood, but you never hear about it on the news

I want an explanation on how the FUCK motherfuckers are constantly gettin up in someone's backseat and surprising them.

1. Why the fuck are you leaving your car unlocked? I lock my shit even when it is outside my house.

2. How the fuck do you not notice a human body, sitting up, looking sinister in your backseat? Is that some every day type shit or do you just have that new Avril Lavigne song on your mind THAT much? "Oh I thought he was just the life-size human replica I carry around for protection. Whoops!"

Really?

PAY ATTENTION!