anyone know how to get a discount on...

THANKYOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend recently bought a G5 at auction for $1500Au.

Just needs an OS installed.

He bought the exact same computer a few months ago at retail price and paid over $3KAu.

So yeah if you want one, get a repossessed one from an auction and save some coin.

I used his computer, and to be honest, I wasn't a fan, as I like to be able to right click. I'm with Sneak as I think they are gimmicky.

And why doesn't anyone try to write a virus for them? And if you install windows, wouldn't that leave you vunerable to viruses?

There have been viruses written for macs, just not nearly as many. I think this is because it is alot more difficult to write them and also because in the rebellious virus underworld, microsoft is viewed as an evil entity with shitty products that are easy to fuck with. I could be totally off though. Its something I've always wondered myself but have been too lazy to really research.

It's next to impossible to get a discount on an Apple computer at retail level. Stores that sell Apple products aren't even allowed to mark the things down, especially in the event of trying to close a sale. The retail Apple Sales Consultants are only allowed a certain number of employee purchases each year, so the likelihood of you getting a deal through them is nil, as they'd be throwing away their own opportunity.

Your best bet is to pick a used one up off of eBay. Sometimes colleges/universities will sell off their older models for super discounts.

teachers dont get 25%

there are set student/teacher discounts for each computer. if you go to the apple website and click on the 'student discount' button, it will ask for your school. type in yoru city and it will bring up a list of colleges in that area. pick whichever one you want. it will then load the student store, and all the prices will reflect the discount. it wont ask to see any id, or any proof. ive done it 3 times. its not a ton, but you'll save atleast a couple hundred.

listen to this man, he speaks the truth.

my old tradeschool is listed on there and they shut down the school years ago.. :lol:

but i can still use it for discounts. just dont tell Apple. ok?