Ron Paul Revolution!!!!

vanfullofretards

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shai_hulud

I'm probably never going to be a Republican. (I'm registered Green, in case you're wondering.) That doesn't mean I wouldn't rule out voting for a Republican I liked, though.

I've spent a lot of my life believing that if people would take some initiative and responsibility, that we could do away with a lot of laws and bureaucracy. I don't advocate getting rid of social programs entirely, but I think that when it starts to be a way of life as opposed to a safety net, then it's a bad thing. Then again, some of the old folks I help out NEED SSI, and have paid into it for all these years...so, they deserve a return on their investment. It only seems fair.

As I get older, I notice that black and white starts to seem more grey to me. Maybe I need new glasses.

unfortunately Ron Paul didnt get that much support in my state's primary but i swear by driving around this city youd think by the amount of signs that everybody and their mother was down with him.

im sort of confused.

we all are. there are only ron paul signs around where i live. in yards, not in the medians.

i just saw some hillary signs on the monday before super tuesday.

shai: the more i read into the older ways, the more i realized that i am conservative. i didn't think i would ever be what people think of as a conservative. i smoke pot, i used to write graffiti, i curse, i drink sometimes, i don't go to church.

but, i do believe in mans rights. i believe in holding your own, protecting your family, actually owning your property instead of paying rent on what is rightfully yours, not getting into shit in other parts of the world and sending our boys out to fight someone else's war, etc.

A Visitor From The Past

by Thelen Paulk

I had a dream the other night I didn't understand.

A figure walking through the mist with a flintlock in his hand. His clothes were torn and dirty, as he stood there by my bed. He took off his three cornered hat and speaking low, he said:

"We fought a revolution, to secure our liberty. We wrote the Constitution, as a shield from tyranny. For future generations, this legacy we gave, in this, the land of the free and the home of the brave. You buy permits to travel, and permits to own a gun. Permits to start a business, or to build a place for one. On land that you believe you own, you pay a yearly rent. Although you have no voice in choosing, how the money's spent."

"Your children must attend a school that doesn't educate. Your Christian values can't be taught, according to the state. You read about the current news in a regulated press. You pay a tax you do not owe, to please the foreign I.R.S. Your money is no longer made of silver, or of gold. You trade your wealth for paper, so your lives can be controlled."

"You pay for crimes that make our Nation turn from God in shame. You've taken Satan's number, as you've traded in your name. You've given government control, to those who do you harm."

"So they can padlock churches, and steal the family farm. And keep our country deep in debt, put men of God in jail. Harass your fellow countrymen, while corrupted courts prevail. Your public servants don't uphold the solemn oath they've sworn. They defy and rape the nation, and leave it's fabric tattered and torn."

"Your leaders ship artillery and guns to foreign shores. And send your sons to slaughter, fighting other people's wars. Can you regain the freedom for which we fought and died?"

"Or don't you have the courage, or the faith to stand with pride? Are there no more values for which you'll fight to save? Or do you wish your children to live in fear as a slave?"

"People of the Republic arise and take a stand! Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land! Preserve our Great Republic, and God Given Right! And pray to God, to keep the torch of Freedom burning bright!"

As I awoke he vanished, in the mist from whence he came. His words were true, we are not Free, we have ourselves to blame. For even now as tyrants trample each God Given Right, we only watch and tremble, too afraid to stand and fight.

If he stood by your bedside, in a dream, while you're asleep, and wonders what remains of our Rights he fought so hard to keep, What would be your answer, if he called out from the grave;

IS THIS STILL THE LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE?

we all are. there are only ron paul signs around where i live. in yards, not in the medians.

in my area, they are in the medians AND the yards, and i live in a Republican state. i mean, i know why he's not getting much coverage or votes but shit, thats a whole other thread ...

today, me and a friend were trying to understand the one thing that rulers understand about controlling the population that everyone else doesnt get-so that it could be utilized for some good.

update: we are still peasants.

I don't see how me thinking this way has anything to do with Ron Paul. I'm not going to say that I've thought this way since the day I was born, but most of the feelings I've had about most of these issues has been the same for quite some time. Ron Paul was just the first politician that I've come across that actually put all of it together.

Of course I also don't believe in everything he says. I differ with his opinion on some issues, but there is not one other candidate that I believe could do as good a job as him, and I still say that not one other person we have to choose from will be able to turn this ship around in a faster and more orderly fashion.

These are just my feelings though, and obviously not to many people agree.

OBAMA?

No man, I'm a bit for RP. If I could, I'd probably vote for him.

Yes, parents would have a choice where to send their kids to school, I just don't like

religious superstition being taught to children. After all, we should be in the age of reason.

dr. paul wouldn't want you to be taught anything that wasn't relevant.

http://www.ronpaulmarch.com/

Going to try to get off from work to get down with this....

As far as trying to cut Dr. Paul down those last few attempts all fail, hard.

Oh yeah, /nohomo.

already made all my arrangements to go except for the plane ticket. As soon as the date is set, i will make reservations. we will be in a huge RV plastered with Freedom movement icons and such.

Anyone else going?

"Public education doesn't make the grade:Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" 2008

http://www.thedepaulia.com/story.asp?artid=2606&sectid=4

[may not mean much, but it's an icebreaker.]

"[Einstein] wrote that the spirit of learning and creative thought were lost in strict rote learning."

http://www.worldtopix.com/albert_einstein.html [is vague, i know]

"Rote learning is a learning technique which avoids understanding of a subject and instead focuses on memorization. The major practice involved in rote learning is learning by repetition. The idea is that one will be able to quickly recall the meaning of the material the more one repeats it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rote_learning

"If money were the solution, the problem would already be solved ... We've doubled per pupil spending, adjusting for inflation, over the last 30 years, and yet schools aren't better." - Jay Greene

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/stossel/story?id=1500338

"When learning happens, the schools and teachers take the credit; when it doesn't, the students get the blame. The words change a little, from bad and stupid to 'culturally disadvantaged' and 'learning disabled.' The idea remains the same. Only when the results are good will schools and teachers accept the responsibility."

- John Holt

"The child who knows, we don't have to worry about; he will be an A student. How do we find out when, and what, the others don't understand?"

- John Holt

John Holt has a best-selling book that is titled How Children Fail. He also wrote How Children Learn, and published [i think, he may have just contributed a whole lot] the magazine Growing Without Schooling.

John Taylor Gatto is great too, btw.

Ron Paul '08.

"Public education doesn't make the grade:Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" 2008

http://www.thedepaulia.com/story.asp?artid=2606&sectid=4

[may not mean much, but it's an icebreaker.]

"[Einstein] wrote that the spirit of learning and creative thought were lost in strict rote learning."

http://www.worldtopix.com/albert_einstein.html [is vague, i know]

"Rote learning is a learning technique which avoids understanding of a subject and instead focuses on memorization. The major practice involved in rote learning is learning by repetition. The idea is that one will be able to quickly recall the meaning of the material the more one repeats it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rote_learning

"If money were the solution, the problem would already be solved ... We've doubled per pupil spending, adjusting for inflation, over the last 30 years, and yet schools aren't better." - Jay Greene

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/stossel/story?id=1500338

"When learning happens, the schools and teachers take the credit; when it doesn't, the students get the blame. The words change a little, from bad and stupid to 'culturally disadvantaged' and 'learning disabled.' The idea remains the same. Only when the results are good will schools and teachers accept the responsibility."

- John Holt

"The child who knows, we don't have to worry about; he will be an A student. How do we find out when, and what, the others don't understand?"

- John Holt

John Holt has a best-selling book that is titled How Children Fail. He also wrote How Children Learn, and published [i think, he may have just contributed a whole lot] the magazine Growing Without Schooling.

John Taylor Gatto is great too, btw.

Ron Paul '08.

And how many of these people study pedagogy, let alone have looked at it through out the years?

Would you people believe in the strength of the nation's families to educate the nation's children, such that they can compete in a global market?

We have been in a steady decline in terms of science and mathematics for years.

How are we going to go from that... to no educational system, and then fucking magically to a nation of those who learn "no matter what." The John Holt statement about "the child who knows" is fucking retarded.

Consistent and perfectly applicable logics are a dime a dozen between. But that which is genius us not something easily found. Removing any sense of standard will only slow the rate at which that genius is found.

America is already a nation of idiots.

Getting rid of what little potential to change that we have is not going to help at all.

Anyone who wants to bitch at me about public schools and otherwise can suck my left nut.

I lived it. And I lived it in Texas, pre-no child left behind.

I am the prototype of Bush's national education policy.

So fuck off everyone who didn't come from that.

My point being, I have gone from bullshit school districts, to private catholic school, up to nice public school district. And the one thing that I can say, is thank god I had that educational process at all.

The notion of removing a federal education program is fucking stupid.

ugh.

/drunk and angry at the world.

Archived