the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

some good stuff on each one, and also something that could be changed on each.

1st one: got too much going on and the backwards E looks like an S.

2nd: I think the silver shadow didn't come off as good as it could, but it just might be ugly on top of the yellow/brown.

3rd: I like everything except the top of the P.

4th: Simple P is dope. The shape of the U and the fat bubble on the E don't feel balanced.

5th: Color on this pops nicely.

Just my opinions...cheers on doing a bunch of different things!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crits?

your can control/fades/etc. aren't too bad, but your letter structure needs practice imo. the chunky parts of your letters and whip-like extensions sometimes dont make sense, and seemed forced... i would say try simpler letter styles and let your own style develop along the way..

..yep.

• Like 1

mosk, i'd tone that M back a little to match the other letters and also change the curve of the top of the S. the K could use some work too, i've never really worked with a K in a style like that so i don't have any super constructive pointers on that or anything. that O is really nice though, i definitely think that you should build a piece around that O.

caspor, i'm a fan of having alternating letter styles in a piece, but i feel like you could've done more with the negative space around the letters. i'd say something more constructive, but i'm not really familiar with a lot of west coast inspired stuff like that. i have to disagree with you about rustos though, they're my shit for sure.

just my two cents on the last few posts.

• Like 1