Last FM

Abracadabra

the first i'd heard of it when seeks hated on it briefly in another thread, and i know he's a sourpuss fuck, so i thought i'd check it. i'm pretty stoked on it. the myspace style part of their site can eat me, i don't fuckin care, but their little radio thingy that you download is dope. you just punch in whatever band/singer/whatever and it comes up with a list of shit that's related somehow, and then you just press play. imagine turning on the radio and it only played songs you liked and there were no commercials. and if it plays something you don't like, just skip to the next song. i'm feelin it. who's with me?

*list of things that will get you banned in this thread:

"yeah, but you can just press shuffle on itunes"

i could, but then it would only play songs i already know about. i want to hear stuff that i don't already know about.

"but >insert website address here< is way better than last fm"

really? then make your own thread. oh wait, you can't. i just banned you

****i reserve the right to add to this list at any time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its cool i guess, i just dont like new music nearly as much as other people. i love music though, so its weird. i just tend to be pretty content with the music i have, and generally hate new music people push on me.

actually, its come to my attention that i hate just about everything. so yeah, fuck lastfm. not really, but kinda.

Perhaps I will start using mine again, and perhaps we can exchange some recommendations, ABC. What type of shit are you mostly into?

recently i've been listening to alot of:

klaxons

the bird and the bee

the knife

echo & the bunnymen

older new order

clap your hands say yeah

and stuff like that

I heard some klaxons because of the album trader thread. Not really what I'm into, but I'm not into that much rock lately. I'm open to new stuff though. Other than that, I'm not really familiar with any of the things you listed there. Do you listen to any of the following: Modest mouse, prefuse 73, dj premier, pete rock & cl smooth?

So you like the new modest mouse seeking? I think its pretty good, parts of it lacking though. Overall just not my favorite sound of theirs. I like their older, grimier, aggressive sound, like the Lonesome crowded west. I also have enjoyed their very first, super 8 track buzzy stuff, Sad sappy sucker. Even then their bittersweet/depressing sound is awesome and original.

I heard some klaxons because of the album trader thread. Not really what I'm into, but I'm not into that much rock lately. I'm open to new stuff though. Other than that, I'm not really familiar with any of the things you listed there. Do you listen to any of the following: Modest mouse, prefuse 73, dj premier, pete rock & cl smooth?

i also like the new modest mouse and have played it alot. as for the other stuff, meh. although i "like" premo, i don't really listen to much rap these days (except for weezy, juelz, rich boy, clipse and MOP)

as for clap your hands seeks, i like their second album. not really sold on the first one

i also like the new modest mouse and have played it alot. as for the other stuff, meh. although i "like" premo, i don't really listen to much rap these days (except for weezy, juelz, rich boy, clipse and MOP)

as for clap your hands seeks, i like their second album. not really sold on the first one

Its hard for me to get into rock lately. Its hard to find originality. Of course, most of the rap I listen to is old as hell, so I can't say that modern rap has originality either.

Its hard for me to get into rock lately. Its hard to find originality. Of course, most of the rap I listen to is old as hell, so I can't say that modern rap has originality either.

well, most of the stuff that last fm has been playing me today has been 20+ years old, so don't fret about having a bunch of new garbage shoved down your throat

winamp if you dont know about it abc, but im sure anyone who had internet in the mid 90's knew about it.

i used winamp.....mostly for converting mp3s to wav's to burn them onto cd (that was the old school way of doing it).....

but winamp wasnt as dope as Sonique.....Sonique had the dope skins too.

Archived