AFL - Season 2007!!!!

Mauler5150

Well, it isn't the usual case of the start of the season when one of the biggest names in the game is suspended indefinitely just prior to the start of the season, but that is the case with the AFL season this year.

Ben Cousins, the former captain of the reigning premiership (championship for you in the US) side has had this done to him and it is being bandied about in the media that it is the result of drugs.

Now I don't know of many other people in sports who this has happened to, with front and back page coverage in the local paper for the past 3 days (yesterday had like the first 6 pages all about this 'story'). I mean it is a joke, anyone who is in his peer group (ie me) would know that this guy is a fullon druggie. I mean, I live in West Oz, where the players are pretty much worshipped but it is because of this that I don't support them.

I think they should have to hand over their premiership if he gets done for having drugs in his system, just like any other sport (like the Olympics where people who use drugs have to hand back medals).

But anyway, Crows for Premiers 2007!!!! Woo Wooooo!!!:lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he is my most hated player in the league for sure, and has been for years. I'll be glad to see the end of him, as well as the hopes of the Egoles supporters now they don't have 'Benny the Dodger'.

I actually think if they can just get rid of him, then the team will play alot better, as his wayward kicks usually goto the other team anyway as he just bombs away without looking with his hunchback kicking style.

If we get Riccuito back we can be a threat, but still, there is work to be done. And you have to watch out for the Dockers, who will be loving the shift of focus away from them in the media, as they now have next to no pressure to perform, so they should go alright.

It will be interesting to see what happens, that is for sure.

Yeah, I can imagine him being off his head. I never saw him except for at one of my friends fights at Metros, and he looked a bit geared up. But knowing the crowd he rolls with I'd say he is on the coke, roids, ephedrine, and maybe some whizz from time to time.

I believe he has been the most over-rated player in the league for years, and I'll be glad to see him become the town hermit, as nobody will want anything to do with him once he comes clean and admits to his drug abuse.

^^^^^^ Their fans are funnier to watch.... last time i saw them play in Melbourne i was in the crows crowd and holy fuck they FULLY get into it.. This fat man... the main ringleader lost his voice in the first 10 minuets and after that all the crows fans just abused everyone screaming shit like ...who ate all the donuts, you fat bitch... plus most of them looked inbred thats what made it more of a laugh.

no suprises here:

Cousins' dad: My son's an addict

Mark Robinson

March 23, 2007 12:00am

FALLEN West Coast Eagles champion Ben Cousins is battling a drug problem, his parents confirmed last night.

Bryan and Stephanie Cousins revealed their son's problem related to "substance abuse" but would not go into details.

But sources close to the family fear the 28-year-old Brownlow medallist may have a severe addiction, possibly to the deadly methamphetamine "ice".

"I believe it is fairly acute," a source said last night.

Other sources said Cousins' problem could also involve cocaine.

The $800,000-a-year superstar is considering rehabilitation in the US.

The five-week course costs about $50,000.

A drained Bryan Cousins last night said his son, who has been suspended indefinitely, was not in a position to make a public statement.

"Ben's problem relates to substance abuse and he faces a great challenge," Mr Cousins said.

"Our family understands this is a problem that is faced by so many other Australian families.

"There is no simple answer to the problem and in the process of overcoming it there will be obstacles and hurdles, some of which we may stumble at."

Mr Cousins said his family was overwhelmed by the support from the public.

Cousins' mother, Stephanie, said: "We love Ben and he is the same person.

"Some of the things are untrue and he's made not the right judgments in some things but we are with him all the way and hope he can overcome them."

Bryan Cousins said his son's wellbeing was the main issue.

"It (football) is probably not the foremost issue in my mind," he said. "When someone has a health issue of any significance I think your first objective is to get them healthy again.

"When that comes all the opportunities that Ben has had in the past will be there again for him.

"I think every parent, when your children are growing up – and we have four – you are aware of issues I refer to as community problems.

"I think you all think `It won't happen to one of my children', and when they become involved in any sort of activity that is of concern to you.

"It does jolt you and I think you have just got to remain aware that the opportunities are there and this is not an issue that is going to go away."

He finished: "Ben, you are not alone with this challenge.

"Your family and friends, your fans and your footy club want you to overcome this issue and win in the same manner in which you have done throughout your career."

Cousins' whereabouts continue to be a mystery – he was not sighted yesterday – but the Herald Sun believes he could be staying in an apartment in South Perth.

The Herald Sun tracked Bryan Cousins from his home in Leeming, near Fremantle, to the six-storey apartments at midday yesterday. He stayed there all afternoon.

He attempted to lose the Herald Sun in traffic before alighting from his four-wheel-drive behind a three-metre security gate.

Bryan Cousins, who said in his statement last night he had been with his son yesterday, was joined at 5pm by his wife.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett and another Eagles official joined them at 5.15pm. Cousins' brother and one of his two sisters arrived soon after.

Bryan Cousins left the apartment at 8.30pm.

Nisbett said last night Cousins was not in the apartment and also that Cousins was not in a drugs rehabilitation clinic.

A family friend, who was with Bryan yesterday, also said: "Ben is long gone."

I dislike how they claim he is a champion.

What champion is a meth head?

And I used to play on Leon Davis in junior footy. He isn't really that good, there was at least 2 players in his team better than him, but that is the politics of the game in such a small country I guess. Some make it some don't.

Mad homo, haha!

You sound like you played it in school and copped a shirtfront on the chin!!

Funny how one of the highest paid players in the game is a methhead, and refuses to admit he has a problem.

I remember reading the local paper a month or 2 ago and they said he had a mullet wig or some shit at training. Maybe the meth made his hair fall out?