How do I: Buy a car

HardyHarHar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though Ill be willing to sell my car to you. Ive been meaning to get down with a road trip anyway. You just pay my flight back home and give me a place to sleep. Heres a recent pic of my whip:

Anti_auto_theft_device.jpg

Fully stocked

go to a respectable used dealership. i'm sure you can figure out which those are and which those are NOT. they can take care of the rest for you. buy american. because asians are faggots, no offense asians. do not buy a subaru because aussies are faggots. euro cars are okay. german. what are you looking for? if you're financing def. get as much for a down as possible, and make sure your insurance is relatively in line before you officially sign your life to the car...

any questions specifically?

dont get a German car... unless you are a mechanic and you get cost on parts... And since you are asking how to buy a car... its safe to assume that you arent

Honda or Toyota just because they got longevity and they are half as expensive as a German car to fix. I had an Acura that went 230K and a Honda that pushed for 190K thousand... The only thing i did was change the oil. tires. brakes and i did the timing belt at 90K

if you're just looking to go cheap and functional, go asian. i hate 'em but they do last and are affordable. listen to defy, i'm just a bicycle commuter as i totalled my shit...

i've had great experience with german cars in that they have not broken down or needed parts. but had they, yeah, it would have fucked me.

im still waiting on a response as to what car has a plastic or fiberglass frame. because im looking through out google and not seeing anything..

do you mean, plastic and fiberglass panels? if so you are wrong.. GM uses fiberglass and plastic as side panels more than any other manufacturer out there take saturn for instance.. and those gawdy ass SUV/Pickup combos most their exterior panels are plastic. dont get me wrong i love american cars.. just nothing from the past 20 years.

dont get a German car... unless you are a mechanic and you get cost on parts... And since you are asking how to buy a car... its safe to assume that you arent

I drove a Mecedes until I didn't, but it still runs just fine and it's 32 years old, it sits in the garage. I've MAYBE put $900 into it in the 10 years I've had it. Still, I wouldn't recommend it for a first timer...

All this Honda talk sounds nice, they DON'T break, but the frontend cost, even on a used Honda, is formidable. Toyotas are long runners too and WAY less to get into and maintain.

The main thing I would say is look for a car that's older than 2 years and younger than 4. DRIVE IT! In fact, drive it straight to a mechanic or take a mechanic to the car dealership (a REAL mechanic, not some frined that 'knows about cars'). Still, in most states there's a VERY SHORT return period for cars, like 5 days. It doesn't cost much to take the car to a mechanic and have him check it out. Often there are things that are obvious to the true professional that are fully lost on regular joes so, seriously, that part is mandatory when buying a used car.

So, in review, get a slightly used japanese import and take it to a mechanic the day you buy it... Happy Motoring!