Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HardyHarHar

How do I: Buy a car

I might want to buy a car. How might I go about doing this? What are the scams I should watch out for? Tell me your success stories and your horror stories.

dont buy a new car, put a good amount of money down if you can, dont get anything that will cost more than $100-200 a month in payments. as for cars i personally like toyotas, hondas and nissans

i tend to buy cars that are built on steel frames. all suv's and pickups are built on steel frames, but very few cars these days are. most is that fiberglass plastic shit

Get you a scraper. Make sure you fine-tune the wheel alignment so when you ghostride it, it won't be curving off to the side into a ditch or oncoming traffic.

I bought a car about a year ago... Just worked out a deal put a decent chunk of change down and drove away... It helps to knid of know what you want. And if your roomate is the sales manager.

Seriously though Ill be willing to sell my car to you. Ive been meaning to get down with a road trip anyway. You just pay my flight back home and give me a place to sleep. Heres a recent pic of my whip:

Anti_auto_theft_device.jpg

Fully stocked

go to a respectable used dealership. i'm sure you can figure out which those are and which those are NOT. they can take care of the rest for you. buy american. because asians are faggots, no offense asians. do not buy a subaru because aussies are faggots. euro cars are okay. german. what are you looking for? if you're financing def. get as much for a down as possible, and make sure your insurance is relatively in line before you officially sign your life to the car...

any questions specifically?

Get you a scraper. Make sure you fine-tune the wheel alignment so when you ghostride it, it won't be curving off to the side into a ditch or oncoming traffic.

have them remove the wheel wells so that your tires dont scrape as much.

Yeah. America. I live in the Boston areola (props to Teaze and fam), so is Ernie Boch jr. my right hand man, or ought I go Herb Chambers. What is what?

Yeah actually Goon has some good advice... The more you put down = the less your monthly payments will be. Also keep in mind your credit and driving record... Insuarance can surely rape you at times. What kind of car are you interested in getting?

I think I want to buy American, for the cheap parts. I want a sedan or smaller, because I won't be hauling anything. I want cheap, basically, get me from place to place. Low gas mileage is a big plus.

dont get a German car... unless you are a mechanic and you get cost on parts... And since you are asking how to buy a car... its safe to assume that you arent

Honda or Toyota just because they got longevity and they are half as expensive as a German car to fix. I had an Acura that went 230K and a Honda that pushed for 190K thousand... The only thing i did was change the oil. tires. brakes and i did the timing belt at 90K

i tend to buy cars that are built on steel frames. all suv's and pickups are built on steel frames, but very few cars these days are. most is that fiberglass plastic shit

gimme a name of a car with a plastic or fiberglass frame.

i would say get a mid to late 90's honda/acura.

if you are looking at toyota.. mid 90's to late 90's is a bad idea.. esp. with the camry's theres alot of issues with them.

also give me a ball park range ill see what i can pull up for you.

if you're just looking to go cheap and functional, go asian. i hate 'em but they do last and are affordable. listen to defy, i'm just a bicycle commuter as i totalled my shit...

i've had great experience with german cars in that they have not broken down or needed parts. but had they, yeah, it would have fucked me.

im still waiting on a response as to what car has a plastic or fiberglass frame. because im looking through out google and not seeing anything..

do you mean, plastic and fiberglass panels? if so you are wrong.. GM uses fiberglass and plastic as side panels more than any other manufacturer out there take saturn for instance.. and those gawdy ass SUV/Pickup combos most their exterior panels are plastic. dont get me wrong i love american cars.. just nothing from the past 20 years.

just save yourself some grief and get a bus pass or a bike

When that first transmission goes you will know what im talking about.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now