out of work...again

Gunm

how many jobs is this for me in the past year? Oh yeah, my fourth.

I've decided...fuck corporate office life. i thought it was the fact that it may have been the job, the business, etc... but i really believe now i cannot stand sitting at a desk all day long entering numbers, processing reports, etc. Office politics and gossip can have these nuts.

The one job i held down longest was a shipping manager for 2 years for a book company. Fuck i loved that job! Physically active, mentally challenging and just felt good.

So i am now applying for a facilities assistant position that pays between 38-40K a year to start with good opportunities. Wish me luck and let's see if the shoe fits.

any other 12oz job jumpers out there that can relate?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've had two jobs in the past year and I'm on my third.

Distribution center shit, running a forklift. It pays well and has great benefits but I'm not really feeling the crew I work with. The best part is that we get line upon line of freights in that sit overnight right on the side of the building until we unload them. Other than that it kind of sucks.

I'm considering giving in and going back to school for either mortuary science or criminal justice (go figure).

I've had two jobs in the past year and I'm on my third.

Distribution center shit, running a forklift. It pays well and has great benefits but I'm not really feeling the crew I work with. The best part is that we get line upon line of freights in that sit overnight right on the side of the building until we unload them. Other than that it kind of sucks.

I'm considering giving in and going back to school for either mortuary science or criminal justice (go figure).

I feel that going back to school... Looking to get something steady and get some education under my belt...

you can't quit a job without having a new one to go too ... thats how I look at it. sure your job may suck, but it pays the bills...

in the last year I've...

done courier delivery (great pay, lots of hours, just not feeling driving a cubevan around in the winter so I quit)

shipping\receiving at an electrical distributor (good job, good folks I worked with, pay was ASS so I quit)

and my current job: assistant manager at a construction\industrial supply chain (just got a raise, easy enough job, just not too down with working in sales..)

I'm going to use what I'm doing now to pay my car off, and then go back to school ... or try and weasel my way into a partsman apprenticeship

Archived