__/.:*-PHYSICS SUPERTHREAD-*:.\__

ohnoone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched something the other day about string theory and super gravity theory and how that they have almost joined forces to creat the M theory that explains everything, the show was more about parallel universes and solving the problem of the sigularity at the time of the big bang.

Was crazy show they said that time was there before the big bang and that the big bang was the result of 2 parallel universe membranes colliding. To be honest they all seemed like very unkooky and respected physicists so I kind of believed the stuff they were saying as plausable.

It also said how there are 11 Dimensions to the universe and the parallel universes are in the 11th dimension (i think) to be honest I tend to watch stuff like that when a little stoned very late at night so hard to take it all in.

I can't find the link to it but I think it was a BBC Horizons show or something (here in UK)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok crooked, I believe you said that there was some connection between existance and mathematics. My initital reaction plays out like this:

1. Humans "exist" as a direct result of biology.

2. "Mathematics" is a subject created by humans.

So what im trying to understand is the connection. Is the correlation between the two that humans created math?

I read most of your original points and this jumped out at me. I would also be interested in hearing your theories on existance in general, I don't know much on the subject, just my gut insinct that our existance is a result of biology. So I am curious to hear other points of view.

Awesome thread btw.

To be quite honest, my view of consciousness, the reducibility of existence to science and mathematics has changed quite a bit in the last four years.

Math is a model, like you say. It is a product of our finite conceptions. But it does have the capacity to be constructed into infinity. Rather the ability to continue constructing it is its infinite nature.

Anywho, I forgot how good of conversations I had with Mod X in 2006.