Nintendo Wii

Mainter

Okay so since Nintendo has the handheld market, that means that they're going to win this... While we're looking at history let's look at these little facts that are just a little more what we are actually talking about....

1. Nintendo hasn't had a number one system since SuperNintendo.

2. Sony has had the number one system slot since 1995.

3 Snes didn't even outsell the Genesis in North America until Sega dropped all of it's support for it to get behind the Saturn.

Numbers?

Nintendo 64: 32.93 Million

PlayStation: 102.49 Million

Wow pretty close huh? Oh well you like your GameCube right, that's awesome. Fun games on it, I agree. So the numbers are good on that then?

Sega Dreamcast: 10.6 Million

PlayStation 2: 106.23 Million s

Nintendo GameCube: 21.00 Million

Xbox:24 Million (I looked at a few places and couldn't get an exact number...

So wow, Nintendo doubled Dreamcast, good for them.

Let's remember this isn't about what YOU like more. We're talking actual numbers. Personally I'll probobly buy both. But I know PS3 is going to do better...

You forgot Gameboy.. it beat all of them.. they dont have the portable market.. they have THE market

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gameboy beat out a bunch of overhyped garbage. The first real competetor was PSP. Also we're talking about consoles. Not handhelds.

I have a feeling you're just arguing for the sake of argument. Gameboy has nothing to do with consoles or Wii. I only brought up the fact that DS was barely beating out PSP, cause you did.

Yes. Mario Bros.

It's almost rediculous how many great games Mario has under its belt.

mario bros

mario bros 2 (the japanese and american version are fantastic)

mario bros 3

mario 64

mario sunshine

what am I missing?

I thought the mario rpg was gay. never played mario paint so i cant comment on that.

you got mario bros and super mario bros. super mario world of course. mario paint was cool for that time period. there's a lot more like mario tennis for virtual boy and gameboy and all types of shit

sony has been on a mission to destroy nintendo in the way Sega was destroyed ever since nintendo "betrayed" (using that term lightly) sony for that "add on" disc peripheral called Playstation that was supposed to connect to the bottom of the Super NES and then the N64 (which never happened). apparently nintendo was upset about Sony getting complete rights to the Playstation add-on and instead went to Phillips behind Sony's back, which would let Nintendo have more rights/ownership of the add-on. this caused Sony to go into the game market themselves, partly out of bitterness towards nintendo. the PSP was created with the sole intent of removing nintendo's monopoly on the handheld market and eventually ending nintendo's control altogether. personally, i wouldn't really care if nintendo was reduced to just making software (like Sega) for Playstation and XBox consoles. Shigeru Miyamoto and the other Nintendo guys are too arrogant. Miyamoto thought he had the answers with N64 and Gamecube yet Sony outsold them greatly -- and Sony's strategy is simple... release as many games as possible to reach as wide a demographic as possible in gaming genres. also to buy out sole rights of third parties like Namco, Squaresoft, and Rockstar (the latter two which are no longer solely for Sony). Nintendo fails simply in the lack of games, and the unbalanced demographic reach in the sense that a huge chunk of Nintendo games are cute and cuddly -- so they release a Resident Evil here and there -- they still aren't coming out with any GTA games and so on.

Nintendo was really non synonymous with gaming ever. Genesis wasn't too far behind the SNES, and it had the head start too. I never even bought an SNES, because I liked sports games at that time. Snes never did shit with sports games. Madden 95 nigga, all the way. Yes Nintendo won the 16 bit wars, but didn't slaughter. As soon as they had the market share, Sony came out with PlayStation, and they've been pretty far behind ever since.

Are you kidding me? Ever heard of the NES, the system that single-handedly brought the video game industry out of a two year crash? How about Gameboy? 70 Million units sold worldwide, just the old one, not the Advance or DS. The Gameboy Advance sold 75 million in less than half the time.

Well it IS a console war. Despite the fact they say they don't care anymore. They're just trying to find a new way to do their shit. But yeah, I will be buying a wii. As far as a battle between PS3 and 360, Sony has presold more copies the the 360 has actually sold to date... So yeah...

Are you for real? I guess you're a HUUUUGE Sony fanboy, because they're shipping out 400,000 systems on launch date and they PLAN to have 2 million WORLDWIDE (1 million US) shipped by the end of the year. And since they previously announced they would have 4 million by the end of the year, you never know what that will mean. Especially if they have a major hardware problem and have to halt production like the 360 did.

Microsoft has sold over 5 million consoles at this point. You can't just pull numbers out of your ass and talk about them like they were real.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157152.html

3DO and Atari were both American companies, but the 3DO f'n sucked in many ways. I'd go with Microsoft because it's the lesser of two evils. Sony doesn't even have to pay for half it's advertising because of all the media outlets they own. But then again, Microsoft did make it really fucking hard to figure out how to get page numbers in MSWord.

I'm sorry my numbers came from vgcharts.org.

And the presold number directly from the source. Okay yeah the nes was synonymous with gaming in the 80s, till the sega came out. We we're talkinga bout within the last 15 years or so I guess. My bad.

I'm hardly a sony fanboy, you must of missed where I said I would be buying the Nintendo more. We were talking about who would outsell who. I brought up that nintendo hasn't outsold anyone since SNES.

I'm done with this, I bring up numbers, and you get butthurt. LOL. It's just a video game system guys. We'll see what happens, I'll bring it up.

3DO and Atari were both American companies, but the 3DO f'n sucked in many ways. I'd go with Microsoft because it's the lesser of two evils. Sony doesn't even have to pay for half it's advertising because of all the media outlets they own. But then again, Microsoft did make it really fucking hard to figure out how to get page numbers in MSWord.

i thought atari and panasonic (who made the 3do) were japanese?

Guest WEAK CRACKUH `

I HAVE HEARD OF DUDES COCKBLOCKING IN A RACE FOR MORE PUSSY.

BUT I THINK VIDEO GAMES IS THE ONLY SHIT WHERE PEOPLE ARE IN A CONTEST TO GET THE LEAST AMOUNT OF COOCHIE AS POSSIBLE. ARGUING ABOUT PS3 AND XBOX AND NINTENDO AND ALL THAT GARBAGE. THINK ABOUT IT YOU GOT SHIT THAT UPS YOUR GAME BUT THIS SHIT IS DESIGNED TO KEEP YOU IN AND NERD THE FUCK OUT OF YOU LIMITING YOUR QUEST FOR THE ILL NANA. THE END.

;4804580']That controller looks terrible to play Third Strike on. The Xbox controller is okay to use because the D-pad has diagonals.

Still, you should just get one of these:

1013.jpg

or these:

00257865.jpg

i have the bottom one. they're limited edition so your best bet is ebay or some small mom& pop spot. the top one looks good too.

I'm sorry my numbers came from vgcharts.org.

And the presold number directly from the source. Okay yeah the nes was synonymous with gaming in the 80s, till the sega came out. We we're talkinga bout within the last 15 years or so I guess. My bad.

I'm hardly a sony fanboy, you must of missed where I said I would be buying the Nintendo more. We were talking about who would outsell who. I brought up that nintendo hasn't outsold anyone since SNES.

I'm done with this, I bring up numbers, and you get butthurt. LOL. It's just a video game system guys. We'll see what happens, I'll bring it up.

How could I get butthurt when you're the one that's full of shit? Vgcharts has nothing on it and you have no "source".

Archived