CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW

clockwork202

Woman doesn't recall how cell phone ended up in her throat

Boyfriend accused of shoving it there, but his defense claims she swallowed it

Associated Press

INDEPENDENCE, MO. — Prosecutors say a man shoved a cell phone down his girlfriend's throat because he was angry and jealous. But defense attorneys insisted as a trial got under way that the woman swallowed the phone intentionally to keep the defendant from seeing whom she had been calling.

Marlon Brando Gill, 24, is charged with first-degree assault in the December incident involving 25-year-old Melinda Abell.

Abell has given inconsistent accounts of what happened before she was taken to a hospital, where an emergency room doctor removed the phone.

She testified Tuesday on the first day of Gill's trial that she couldn't remember how the phone got in her throat, saying she had too much to drink that night.

She said in court that she could not recall writing a statement to police after the incident, in which she said: "I think he thought I'd been talking to other guys. He took my phone to see who I had been calling."

The statement added: "If I didn't want him to see my phone, I would have just thrown it out the window and busted it."

Much of her testimony centered on her relationship with Gill, of Kansas City, which started in 2004.

"It was good at first, then it got rocky," Abell said.

She testified that he had verbally and physically abused her.

However, under cross-examination she acknowledged she never told police about the abuse and lived with Gill until the cell phone incident.

thought this was kind of funny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest spectr

is this a old story? i remember reading about this a while ago. or did it happen again? are there a whole bunch of people shoving cell phones down their girls throats..

maybe she don't know how to give dome, and she used her teeth one to many times so he shoved a cell phone down her throat to teach her a lesson..

not sure but i came across this story on some website the date said 27th of june 06, maybe theres a few cooks that have done this

i will admit though i would love to do this to people who feel the need to answer their phone during a movie and a have a full on conversation, like theres no one else in the theatre, shit is the gayest

Archived