Heart Break on my Birthday

fatalist

July 4th, i really wanted to spend it with my ex, but i refrain myself from calling him, and he did the same.. obviously. So instead i had an ok time with very close friends of mine. (I adore them) I was discussing with my sister how i would like to have a birthday dinner with my ex, and i asked her, What if he doesn't do or get me anything for my birthday; is that a little on the fucked up side?! And like any women her answer was yes. Considering we've only been seperated for 3 weeks or so, and we have talked about how much we miss each other and adore one another. Anyhoo. Today my birthday, i recieve a call from him early this morning, he sends me birthday wishes, tells me about a dream he had of me, then says i'll be fine without him. oookay.

as we're making the transition to hang up, he tells me, my phone will be charged later if you want to give me a call? pffffft!

i hyped myself up thinking i would wake up to a bouquet of sunflowers at my door, or a canvas of a bouquet of sunflowers, (i've been bugging him to draw something for me) a card in the mailbox. something damn, but i got nothing. and it really fucking hurts. If it were his birthday, he would of had shit fedex to him, something just to let him know i fucking give a shit.

maybe a phonecall was enough, but i don't fucking see it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to give you a little insight into the male mind here....

After a break-up all gift giving will cease. We give gifts to win you over and to keep you happy,

but when the relationship is over (or on a break) the gifts stop. If you broke up 2 days before

a birthday and he already bought you a gift, a nice guys would still give it to you. 3 weeks is

probably long enough to assume that he hadn't already got you something. Plus giving something

small like a drawing or a card can come off as being too little, too late. We dont like being either of those.

that's the world as I see it. (and I know I'm not alone)

because of inscurities i had. the reason i have all this hope of gifts, is because he constantly tells me he loves me, and misses my company, and i thought maybe he was going to show me something today, because right now, words are words.

...then says i'll be fine without him. oookay.

it sounds like he thinks he's doing the right thing by being away from you.

Clearly sending flowers would send the wrong impression. Sounds like he's trying

to 'pull the band-aid off quickly' which is way less painfull and confusing than sending you mixed signals.

Oh definitely, there's always a reason. But most of the time these are not very well explained and leave too much room for free interpretation, which can lead to contempt. Now I don't know your specific case, but the times I've experienced it the frustration has led me to pretty much say "Fuck it, you go deal with those insecurities and let me know, in the meantime, peace out" and never call again, much less give a gift.

2allpuGM.jpg

Happy Birthday...here's yer flower...oh...

Strange that you should mention this, because I'm dealing with a very, very similar situation.

I'm about to do what Mams said, though. I don't really want to, since she's a cool girl and all...but, I think it will be for the best.

All the same, good luck with everything, but don't let it slow your roll too much.

you really think saying /nohomo will cover it?

you posted a naked man's ass.... that goes WAY beyond just saying /nohomo

Normally I'd agree with you but..

1. Its a girls birthday.
  2. She was feeling down and well I know a scantally clad woman's butt with happy b-day would cheer me up so I figured why not the other way around?

I also figured someone would take it the wrong way so I tagged on the nohomo.