Blackbook Techniques.

HandPickedGod

a set of grey markers will put you in good stead to add some serious shade over existing colours.

sharpie light blue, with cool greys layered over the top. not the best example, but it'l do.

knomestraightlettered5bd.jpg

I'm dig'n this shit knowme...do you use the prisma greys?..and what seems to be the best shade to use?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k so back to tips....

yea, when using prismas, copics, trias etc. its best to take your time coloring (dont cover broad areas too quickly, let the ink soak) and use the same stroke till your done with the section youre filling. It helps leave no streaks (which is one of the reasons people buy these expensive markers).

yest002.jpg

"look mom! no streaks!"

when giving someone advice make sure you're better than them, not worse or just as good. They won't listen otherwise, you too my friend need to work on your simples.. your bubble letters are kind of ummm.... not good.

yeh.

when using ballpoint pens make sure to rub your finger over the ink to make it look nice and blurry.

huh?

only you can answer that question bro. everyone has their own techniques.

i guess it depends on this. what is your quality of materials? does you black bleed? if it does do that last. if no do it first.

if your confident, drow the pencil.

hehehehe

yup!

Nah... for real, I do have a toy question...

What the fuck kind of markers does Totem use to do shit like this:

17.jpg

Before you get all wise-ass, notice it's drawn OVER some sort of karate instruction manual and yet the colors are smoothly blended and VERY precise. I have yet to find any markers opaque enough to do that and still blend over something printed like this.

Anyone know? Cuz I'll buy them shits with the quickness.

I think Amir and Totem are the same person...

I know paint pens go over shit good. I use paint pens.

What kind of paint pens get that smooth kind of blending? And you can see the print under it just barely showing through... I don't think it's regular paint pens like you'd pick up at Michael's or some shit.

i'm going to take a guess and say that the big 3D totem piece and charo were done on a separate page with traditional marker then cut out with an exacto, and then everything else was done with markers/white paint pen straight onto the page.

that's how i would have done it if i wasn't working digitally.

Anyone have a clue what kind of pens give you DARK lines' date=' and are precise? I know the pigma microns, but they're lines aren't the darkest out there. Buah![/quote']

i use copic multiliners, they have almost no bleed (fucked if i know how) so you can crack some really sharp linework.

i'm fairly sure i did this with them:

knomontherocks1yw.jpg

looks darker IRL, flash burn wrecks sketches when i flick them. NB: fill on the 3D would have been bone stock black marker of some sort.

I learned to blend pretty much on my own (someone breifly told me to just push the colors together). That was two yrs ago. My only real advice would be to use mico pigment markers for outline (they dont bleed and act as a wall when the marker ink bleeds) and practice practice practice. forave.jpg

if u ever need help finding color combos look at nature ( Fish, trees, all sorts of animals)

thats it from me:o