Blackbook Techniques.

HandPickedGod

Post em if you got em.

heres a few...

Layering

Layering is the most commonly used colored technique. Layering with colored pencils creates transparent tones when lightly overlapped colors form dark to light hues. Using light pressure, a sharp point, and small circular or linear strokes, colors are layered one on top of another, starting with the darkest colors first. Eventually the layers will form complex hues, values and gradations. Layering reduces the “flatness” of a single color pigment, allows for the creation of new color variations, add dimension, complexity and richness to artwork as well as adds the appearance of texture.

Using India Ink pens, you can outline your pieces before coloring, and your colors won't smudge the ink.

If you want you're letters to have more depth, get a darker color, a dark colored pencil, or a darker marker, and color below, ontop, or beside the sides where the letters are going to overlap.

If you want to blend two colors, start off by stroking with the darker color first, then right beside it, stroke the lighter color into where you want the darker and brighter color to meet, afterwards, go over the whole part with the lighter color, do this a few times if you aren't satisfied with the coloring.

Color schemes are a great way to bring out your drawings, If using a certain color along with its complementary colors, you can make the piece pop out really nice if you use a certain combination of colors and its complements.

If your piece seems too flat, you should probably add more to it, such as highlights, different layers and such.

Peace/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gt a problem. weneva i do a sketch i always seem 2 go back 2 the same thing the same style, detail ecs. they r all startin 2 look the same and there r also all gettin worse ! tell me wat u think

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/_sype_/a50f1b31.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/_sype_/e15572ae.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/_sype_/82eef5b6.jpg

Go simple.

Your not shit dude. you just are better at wilder styles. work on maybe some throwups,simples for a while. then go back to your wild styles. it should bring back a new style you never knew you ha

AHHHHH NIGGA SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT

HE IS NOT BETTER AT "WILDSTYLES". HE SUCKS AT GRAFFTITI

DO STRAIGHT LETTERS UNTIL YOU GET THEM DOWN THEN START DEVELOPING YOUR STYLE

ITS LIKE LEARNING TO WALK BEFORE YOU RUN SON.

k so back to tips....

yea, when using prismas, copics, trias etc. its best to take your time coloring (dont cover broad areas too quickly, let the ink soak) and use the same stroke till your done with the section youre filling. It helps leave no streaks (which is one of the reasons people buy these expensive markers).

yest002.jpg

"look mom! no streaks!"

another tip that goes with the flic above...

-When outlining something...choose a color that will stand out and make the piece jump off its surface. The color has to also go with the colors used in the piece though, otherwise youll ruin it.

note: piece will not literally "jump" off its surface.

another tip that goes with the flic above...

-When outlining something...choose a color that will stand out and make the piece jump off its surface. The color has to also go with the colors used in the piece though, otherwise youll ruin it.

note: piece will not literally "jump" off its surface.

Along with that, it really does help a piece jump out.

for instance, You could color any piece with green and red,

colorwheel.jpg

And It will pop out under any circumstances.

When it comes to color schemes, contrast is the key.

Take a look at this cantwo piece, notice the darker blues form a color contrast with the white, which will make it more noticable...

01_in_web.jpg

Thats one of the key elements to understanding how graff letters interact.

ahhh yes. Color theory. Something learned through practice and experimenting. The colors of the piece can make it or break it. Knowing what colors compliment eachother and contrast nicely definitely helps.

this is turning into more of a "how to graff" thread.

ahhh yes. Color theory. Something learned through practice and experimenting. The colors of the piece can make it or break it. Knowing what colors compliment eachother and contrast nicely definitely helps.

this is turning into more of a "how to graff" thread.

It still deals with techniques graffers use to make good looking pieces. But lets just stick to the cool little effects we can do with the paper. Then again, telling someoneyourtechniques is kinda telling them how they graff... In a way..

I dissagree with Yest about coloring slowly.

If you color fast with markers and don't let your previous line

dry before you do your next one...you won't get any streaks.

Plus...it's faster and who wants to spend a million years filling in a marker sketch.

if you're a beginner, take your time but as you get better, learn to do it faster.