• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HandPickedGod

Blackbook Techniques.

Post em if you got em.

heres a few...

Layering

Layering is the most commonly used colored technique. Layering with colored pencils creates transparent tones when lightly overlapped colors form dark to light hues. Using light pressure, a sharp point, and small circular or linear strokes, colors are layered one on top of another, starting with the darkest colors first. Eventually the layers will form complex hues, values and gradations. Layering reduces the “flatness” of a single color pigment, allows for the creation of new color variations, add dimension, complexity and richness to artwork as well as adds the appearance of texture.

Using India Ink pens, you can outline your pieces before coloring, and your colors won't smudge the ink.

If you want you're letters to have more depth, get a darker color, a dark colored pencil, or a darker marker, and color below, ontop, or beside the sides where the letters are going to overlap.

If you want to blend two colors, start off by stroking with the darker color first, then right beside it, stroke the lighter color into where you want the darker and brighter color to meet, afterwards, go over the whole part with the lighter color, do this a few times if you aren't satisfied with the coloring.

Color schemes are a great way to bring out your drawings, If using a certain color along with its complementary colors, you can make the piece pop out really nice if you use a certain combination of colors and its complements.

If your piece seems too flat, you should probably add more to it, such as highlights, different layers and such.

Peace/

slobber.

lighter fluid.

white gelly roll pens.

juicy prismas.

almost dried up prismas.

blood.

dirt.

tea.

pop-ups.

yea, using the while gel pen inside the outline of the letters makes them pop out more and sometimes just doing the high lights on the same side of each letter gives them texture also.

the white gel pen is your friend.

yest1.jpg

Sounds like someone just started some kind of design schooling. Today is his 5th day of "Tech Illustration."

a set of grey markers will put you in good stead to add some serious shade over existing colours.

sharpie light blue, with cool greys layered over the top. not the best example, but it'l do.

knomestraightlettered5bd.jpg

i gt a problem. weneva i do a sketch i always seem 2 go back 2 the same thing the same style, detail ecs. they r all startin 2 look the same and there r also all gettin worse ! tell me wat u think

a50f1b31.jpg

e15572ae.jpg

82eef5b6.jpg

i gt a problem. weneva i do a sketch i always seem 2 go back 2 the same thing the same style, detail ecs. they r all startin 2 look the same and there r also all gettin worse ! tell me wat u think

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/_sype_/a50f1b31.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/_sype_/e15572ae.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/_sype_/82eef5b6.jpg

Go simple.

Your not shit dude. you just are better at wilder styles. work on maybe some throwups,simples for a while. then go back to your wild styles. it should bring back a new style you never knew you had.

thanx but wenever i go simple they look worse:confused:

:biglaugh:

A+ for this comment. SHit is mad funny. but listen to everyone... SIMPLES first!! Simples!

Your not shit dude. you just are better at wilder styles. work on maybe some throwups,simples for a while. then go back to your wild styles. it should bring back a new style you never knew you ha

AHHHHH NIGGA SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT

HE IS NOT BETTER AT "WILDSTYLES". HE SUCKS AT GRAFFTITI

DO STRAIGHT LETTERS UNTIL YOU GET THEM DOWN THEN START DEVELOPING YOUR STYLE

ITS LIKE LEARNING TO WALK BEFORE YOU RUN SON.

shut the fuck up toy. dont get mad cause you suck, and cant draw or paint. and what the hell are you telling him to do a straight letter for. maybe he doesnt want to do block letters all day.

dumb ass

k so back to tips....

yea, when using prismas, copics, trias etc. its best to take your time coloring (dont cover broad areas too quickly, let the ink soak) and use the same stroke till your done with the section youre filling. It helps leave no streaks (which is one of the reasons people buy these expensive markers).

yest002.jpg

"look mom! no streaks!"

another tip that goes with the flic above...

-When outlining something...choose a color that will stand out and make the piece jump off its surface. The color has to also go with the colors used in the piece though, otherwise youll ruin it.

note: piece will not literally "jump" off its surface.

Hmm... Did not know that. Thats definitly gonna come in handy. One technique that i used for filling is to use strokes when you are coloring with prismas, this helps out with blending alot, and it leaves for central fills to be added to more layering.I'll post up pics soon enough.

Place another sheet of paper under the one youre using when the pen has ink that soaks through the paper. Some people dont like random blotches of colors on perfectly good blackbook paper.

another tip that goes with the flic above...

-When outlining something...choose a color that will stand out and make the piece jump off its surface. The color has to also go with the colors used in the piece though, otherwise youll ruin it.

note: piece will not literally "jump" off its surface.

Along with that, it really does help a piece jump out.

for instance, You could color any piece with green and red,

colorwheel.jpg

And It will pop out under any circumstances.

When it comes to color schemes, contrast is the key.

Take a look at this cantwo piece, notice the darker blues form a color contrast with the white, which will make it more noticable...

01_in_web.jpg

Thats one of the key elements to understanding how graff letters interact.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now