IRAN-why not North Korea & VENEZUELA ?

Getzup

Originally posted by Getzup@Mar 28 2006, 06:56 PM

VENEZUELA IS BUILDING AN ARMY- RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES

HE CONTROLS THE MEDIA, ECONOMY, and POLICE STATE.

HE HAS TIES WITH IRAN AND OTHER COUNTRIES THAT DON'T LIKE US.

HE CONTROLS THE OIL , AND KNOWS THAT HE HAS US BY THE BALLS so to speak.

WE WANT IRAN TO TAKE CONTROL OF THAT REGION SO WE CAN CONTROL THE OIL TRUE!

BUT WE MUST REMEMBER TO BE PREPARED WHEN VENEZUELA THREATENS THE US IN THE NEAR FUTUTRE,THIS COULD A THIRD WW...what you guys think?

LOL, YEE-HAW......go git the rifle mildred! WERE GOIN' to WAR wit' Vemenezmanula.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Getzup@Mar 28 2006, 02:56 PM

VENEZUELA IS BUILDING AN ARMY- RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES

HE CONTROLS THE MEDIA, ECONOMY, and POLICE STATE.

HE HAS TIES WITH IRAN AND OTHER COUNTRIES THAT DON'T LIKE US.

HE CONTROLS THE OIL , AND KNOWS THAT HE HAS US BY THE BALLS so to speak.

WE WANT IRAN TO TAKE CONTROL OF THAT REGION SO WE CAN CONTROL THE OIL TRUE!

BUT WE MUST REMEMBER TO BE PREPARED WHEN VENEZUELA THREATENS THE US IN THE NEAR FUTUTRE,THIS COULD A THIRD WW...what you guys think?

And why shouldn't they have an army? Are you trying to claim they never had one to begin with??? :haha:

We're already in the 3rd world war. The western world lead by the US against the middle east. But I'm sure it's labeled a police action or something along those lines. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dawood+Mar 27 2006, 11:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dawood - Mar 27 2006, 11:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MAR@Mar 27 2006, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Getzup@Mar 26 2006, 03:23 PM

the U.S position is that, "IRan poses a great threat to Israel, saying that the Hamas have written in thier constituion that israel must be wiped out off the planet."

WHat do you think?

Leave Israel out of this. We can take care of ourselves. If we want US help we'll say so.

LOL, yeah , OK.....lil' buddy, Isreal and the US have been bum chums since I don't know when.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Lonesome Cowboy Bill@Mar 27 2006, 10:04 PM

so does that mean we can stop giving aid to israel?..word...

Israel could potentially exist without US aid. It is my oppinion that America continues to give israel money as a way of keeping a grasp on the middle east.

Israel and the US being friends is partialy true. Its more like two kids on a playground, both are concerned about some bullies, so they eat lunch together, but there arent going to be any sleep-overs. For a long while the US wouldnt have minded if Israel didnt exsist. Neither one truly trusts the other and Israel has been shafted by the US in the past.

But my point was missed. I was trying to say, do not use Israel as an excuse for your crusade. If Israel was truely concerned they would undoubtedly take measures of their own and if they wanted US help they would ask for it.

getzup- you clearly don`t know what you are talking about, you are repeating what dear old dad said at the dinner table.....and screwing it up.

and Dawood.. that shit is hilarious!! HAHA! thanks, made my day.

Any one of you want to adress my point about assasination attempts? Imagine if N.Korea tried to kill Bush with a exploding cigar... what would the US do?

PS I HEARD CANADA HAS AN ARMY TOO! whoa!

Iran's president threatened one of our close allies: Israel

thats why America wants to stop Iran...if they make nuclear weapons...they could reach France or Israel....not the states...Israel's military is just as strong as ours... so if Iran attacks Israel...Iran will be flattened...literally..BUT this could lead to more insurgency and ultimately shiites (in Iran) linking up with sunis and others to fight for Palestine.....this "threat" could lead to a really destructive war which could kill ALOT of people...b stopping the nuclear program in iran NOW, they the U.S. kills the "threat"

as far as North Korea....same thing....stop them from making a ny nuclear weapons......sure you can talk about checks of power between countries all you want, but all it takes is one country to do something stupid with their nukes and Millions of lives will be lost

as for Venezuela....speaking as someone who has BEEN THERE...to Caracas.. and seen the poverty up close...Chavez is making promises but is doing little to help....the Venezuela i visited in 96 was not much improved from the one i saw in 05 ....and yes....with all the oil Venezuela has....they can REALLY improve the poverty problem......seriously though...in venezuela it only costs them $1.25 to fill up their whole tank....whereas in the states i pay $25 to $30 to fill my tank....Chavez doesnt like Bush and doesnt want to work anything out with him....but just cause he's against Bush doesnt mean he's against the American people....shit he helped with Katrina....

whatever im not taking sides though...i just think having nuclear weapons for ANY country is a bad idea..

my 2 cents....

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 27 2006, 10:56 AM

Chavez is a slimy fucking prick. At some level I may respect what he says he wants to do, but I can't stand the guy and I don't think he's a trustworthy leader. Evo Morales, on the other hand, is awesome.

<I did see your other posts here>

I've seen you say this in other threads and I was hoping you might elaborate. Why do you feel so strongly against the guy, and do you feel that he is worse than other leaders through out South America?

I'm genuinely curious, fill in me when you can...

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by CALIgula@Mar 29 2006, 12:25 AM

...Israel's military is just as strong as ours... so if Iran attacks Israel...Iran will be flattened...literally..

Israel is strong, but not that strong. There is a reason we are the "only super power in the world" because, well, we are...and Iran is a big country - much bigger than the countries Israel has faced.

Bahrain

Iran

Iraq

Israel

Jordan

Kuwait

Lebanon

Oman

Palestine(West Bk.)

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

Syria

United Arab Emirates

Yemen

TOTAL Middle East

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats5.htm

yeah...thats population....which is not really the same thing as military capabilities.....MOST of Iran's population is between the ages of like 20-25...i think somewhere like 70%....that is because after Iran's revolution (in 1979) Khomeini told people basically to "be fruitful and multiply"....well basically just multiply....this was basically brainwashed into people's heads so that 1. there will be an increase in muslim population in the world 2. increase in an Iranian population (think soldiers...since in Iran you HAVE TO join the army, unless you buy your way out)....long story short....if Israel wanted to demolish Iran...they could...maybe not as fast as the U.S., but they definatley could....but if they do destroy Iran, there will be lots of retaliation from countries claiming that Iranians are their "muslim brothers"......including countries like Syria for example...

....just cause you have a LARGE standing army doesn't mean you can supply them all......shit look at the U.S. .....we had trouble supplying our army with adequate protection for the war.....some families even buy their sons in Iraq bullet proof vests.....shits crazy yo..

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by KING BLING@Mar 29 2006, 04:44 AM

I've seen you say this in other threads and I was hoping you might elaborate. Why do you feel so strongly against the guy, and do you feel that he is worse than other leaders through out South America?

If you know spanish, sit down and watch his show. In 5 minutes you'll understand what I mean.

Chavez leads by charisma, by doling out hopes and promises of a brighter future to people who will probably not see any of it. He is blatantly establishing a cult of personality in his country, and I'm sorry, but that just doesn't fly by me. I have nothing against a charismatic leader, but when that becomes the focus of a leader's entire work, it's inevitable that further decisions will be made with maintaining that image first and foremost, and actually running the country will get pushed into a secondary plane. His entire routine consists of describing just how wonderful things will eventually be without those evil capitalist interests involved, making vaguely threatening gestures towards said interests, and expounding the virtues of the Bolivarian ideal. Switch capitalist interests with terrorism and Bolivarian ideal with democracy, and... you get the point.

All style, no substance. Time will tell if he's an effective leader or not, but I just have this serious lack of trust with these types of people in charge.

the us will say it doesn't want bad countries to have wmds (obviously using more appropriate terminology).

my political knowledge i will admit is limited, but as far as i know north korea is really dodgy with like closed borders etc. maybe the us will just try and stop iran gettin them before it has the chance to, so that a situation like the one with north korea can be avoided.

i agree though that america shouldn't police the world cos it doesn't help them and they just get bombed and terrorised. its too late now though cos every1 already hates america.

Originally posted by tsuifuku+Mar 28 2006, 05:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tsuifuku - Mar 28 2006, 05:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>^Venezuela has the right to build an army, and aquire any type of weapons/weapons technology they wish, they are a soverign nation.

[/b]

I guess a little bit off topic, but most people who share the views you have also believe that the US’s massive military and bloated military budget is wrong, examples of how we are the imperialist pigs of doom, ect. So, do you also accept the United State’s right to build an army and acquire “any� weapons we want, or is that a one way street for Venezuela only? Wouldn’t that be a tad hypocritical?

<!--QuoteBegin-tsuifuku@Mar 28 2006, 05:22 PM

On Chavez controlling the media/locking up and torturing dissidents? Uh no. When i was in venezuela there were anti chavez protests in another area of caracas - venezuelan doctors protesting cuban doctors in the country.

Media on lockdown? Then why can you get FOX FUCKING NEWS IN VENEZUELA?

I’m guessing you either have family there, or came down for the WTO parties held by Chavez since Caracas isn’t exactly a place to buy a timeshare at. If you have family in Caracas who can afford a TV, and a satellite to get US news channels, there is a mighty good chance they are some of the few rich people there who probably have ties to the Chavez government which would bring your motives into question. What’s much more likely is you were there for the WTO/WSF protests...and bong circles (just a joke!), that were scheduled and run by Chavez’s people…do you honestly think they would have let you seen anything that might shake their western following of college kids they are oh so dependant on? And let me guess, you’re FOX news signal was from a hotel, that you were staying at with other westerners? Not to mention a protest against Cuban doctor’s is not quite the most damaging and critical jab at Chavez’s govt. I implore you to read some of the links above on what happens to people who genuinely criticize his government.

One tiny example, also posted above, since scrolling up and reading something on the subject is so difficult…

EXAMPLE OF CHAVEZ'S AWESOMENESS, PART DEUX!

"Abuses during demonstrations

At least 14 people died during nationwide anti-government demonstrations in February and March. As many as 200 were wounded and several of those detained were ill-treated or tortured by members of the security forces. Investigations into the abuses were slow and inadequate, reportedly due to the lack of impartiality of the police and judiciary.

* Carlos Eduardo Izcaray stated that he was observing one of the demonstrations in Caracas on 1 March when the situation became increasingly violent. He tried to leave the area but was detained with others by members of the National Guard and repeatedly beaten and threatened with death in an attempt to make him admit to participating in violent acts. He filed a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office after he was released without charge."

More

El Mamerro is right on the money about Chavez. It hurts my head to see people get sucked into his bullshit, and actually ask questions like “hey, he’s not so bad, why all the hostility?� after reading about the things he blatantly does you can only imagine what goes on behind the scenes. I wonder how you guys would of reacted to Stalin. On a side note, “ban-this� is SF right, or is there actually someone else out there that ignorant and inclined to use dozens of emoticons for each sentence? I’ve missed you little buddy!

Originally posted by Tesseract@Mar 29 2006, 02:13 PM

^haha, good one.

If you havent noticed, the 'six day' war hasnt ended still

thats tricky. technicly its over, and Israel did win but there are somethings that were a fallout of the war that are still unresolved. Not to mention the fact that Syria is still at "war" with us (israel).

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Mar 29 2006, 05:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Mar 29 2006, 05:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KING BLING@Mar 29 2006, 04:44 AM

I've seen you say this in other threads and I was hoping you might elaborate.  Why do you feel so strongly against the guy, and do you feel that he is worse than other leaders through out South America?

If you know spanish, sit down and watch his show. In 5 minutes you'll understand what I mean.

Chavez leads by charisma, by doling out hopes and promises of a brighter future to people who will probably not see any of it. He is blatantly establishing a cult of personality in his country, and I'm sorry, but that just doesn't fly by me. I have nothing against a charismatic leader, but when that becomes the focus of a leader's entire work, it's inevitable that further decisions will be made with maintaining that image first and foremost, and actually running the country will get pushed into a secondary plane. His entire routine consists of describing just how wonderful things will eventually be without those evil capitalist interests involved, making vaguely threatening gestures towards said interests, and expounding the virtues of the Bolivarian ideal. Switch capitalist interests with terrorism and Bolivarian ideal with democracy, and... you get the point.

All style, no substance. Time will tell if he's an effective leader or not, but I just have this serious lack of trust with these types of people in charge.

[/b]

basically Mam sums it up nicely right here..

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Mar 29 2006, 05:00 PM

El Mamerro is right on the money about Chavez. It hurts my head to see people get sucked into his bullshit, and actually ask questions like “hey, he’s not so bad, why all the hostility?� after reading about the things he blatantly does you can only imagine what goes on behind the scenes. I wonder how you guys would of reacted to Stalin. On a side note, “ban-this� is SF right, or is there actually someone else out there that ignorant and inclined to use dozens of emoticons for each sentence? I’ve missed you little buddy!

I'm not SF. But you're deffinately getting paid good money to hang out on this board aren't ya?

Get that money homie! :haha:

Originally posted by BAN-THIS!!!+Mar 29 2006, 08:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BAN-THIS!!! - Mar 29 2006, 08:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Getzup@Mar 29 2006, 02:07 PM

EVERY SINGLE WAR ISRAEL HAS FACED, IT HAS WON!!!!

With U.S. help of course. If it wasn't for us having their back they would have been over-run by the locals decades ago. Actually they would never have exsisted to begin with.

[/b]

Actually you have no idea what your talking about.

The US only agreed to make the Jewish state "official" after Russia eagerly did, the US was one the fence until Russia's move.

As far as the wars Israel has fought; the US provided little aid until recently. Most of Israel’s weapons where from Russia, France, and whatever they captured in previous wars.

The fact that Israel has one of the most powerful armies, the best airforce, one of the most advance tank units in the world, and most would agree the best intelligence agency, is the reason they are not "overrun by the locals".

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001+Mar 29 2006, 03:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stereotype V.001 - Mar 29 2006, 03:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by tsuifuku@Mar 28 2006, 05:22 PM

^Venezuela has the right to build an army, and aquire any type of weapons/weapons technology they wish, they are a soverign nation.

I guess a little bit off topic, but most people who share the views you have also believe that the US’s massive military and bloated military budget is wrong, examples of how we are the imperialist pigs of doom, ect. So, do you also accept the United State’s right to build an army and acquire “any� weapons we want, or is that a one way street for Venezuela only? Wouldn’t that be a tad hypocritical?

The thing is, Venezuela isnt engaged in Imperialist practices, Venezuela is not invading Iraq or Afghanistan. The US is bitching about 100,000 AKM rifles, which in reality is nothing, i'm sure there are that many or more on the civilian market in the united states. As for the aircraft the US is pissed about... Venezuela should be able to defend themselves against hostilities weather from the United States itself or from the United States by proxy (Colombia)

On Chavez controlling the media/locking up and torturing dissidents? Uh no. When i was in venezuela there were anti chavez protests in another area of caracas - venezuelan doctors protesting cuban doctors in the country.

I’m guessing you either have family there, or came down for the WTO parties held by Chavez since Caracas isn’t exactly a place to buy a timeshare at. If you have family in Caracas who can afford a TV, and a satellite to get US news channels, there is a mighty good chance they are some of the few rich people there who probably have ties to the Chavez government which would bring your motives into question. What’s much more likely is you were there for the WTO/WSF protests...and bong circles (just a joke!), that were scheduled and run by Chavez’s people…do you honestly think they would have let you seen anything that might shake their western following of college kids they are oh so dependant on? And let me guess, you’re FOX news signal was from a hotel, that you were staying at with other westerners? Not to mention a protest against Cuban doctor’s is not quite the most damaging and critical jab at Chavez’s govt. I implore you to read some of the links above on what happens to people who genuinely criticize his government.

One tiny example, also posted above, since scrolling up and reading something on the subject is so difficult…

At least 14 people died during nationwide anti-government demonstrations in February and March. As many as 200 were wounded and several of those detained were ill-treated or tortured by members of the security forces. Investigations into the abuses were slow and inadequate, reportedly due to the lack of impartiality of the police and judiciary.

* Carlos Eduardo Izcaray stated that he was observing one of the demonstrations in Caracas on 1 March when the situation became increasingly violent. He tried to leave the area but was detained with others by members of the National Guard and repeatedly beaten and threatened with death in an attempt to make him admit to participating in violent acts. He filed a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office after he was released without charge."

More

[/b]

When i stayed in Venezuela i stayed in a nationalized factory that had nothing but venezuelan news on all day. However you could go into a bar and watch CNN or something of that nature. In the location where I stayed, there was a mixture of Libyans, Venezuelans, Americans, and Japanese.

I dont think Chavez is some sort of great flaming revolutionary, but I do think the gains made in Venezuela need to be defended politcally against US imperialism.

Its probably best to agree to disagree on this issue, i'm sure we wont change each others minds, if you wish to keep the discussion going, thats fine.

Something we can agree on: Venezuelan women are udd sexy.

Originally posted by tsuifuku+Mar 29 2006, 09:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tsuifuku - Mar 29 2006, 09:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Mar 29 2006, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by tsuifuku@Mar 28 2006, 05:22 PM

^Venezuela has the right to build an army, and aquire any type of weapons/weapons technology they wish, they are a soverign nation.

The thing is, Venezuela isnt engaged in Imperialist practices, Venezuela is not invading Iraq or Afghanistan. The US is bitching about 100,000 AKM rifles, which in reality is nothing, i'm sure there are that many or more on the civilian market in the united states. As for the aircraft the US is pissed about... Venezuela should be able to defend themselves against hostilities weather from the United States itself or from the United States by proxy (Colombia)

More

When i stayed in Venezuela i stayed in a nationalized factory that had nothing but venezuelan news on all day. However you could go into a bar and watch CNN or something of that nature. In the location where I stayed, there was a mixture of Libyans, Venezuelans, Americans, and Japanese.

I dont think Chavez is some sort of great flaming revolutionary, but I do think the gains made in Venezuela need to be defended politcally against US imperialism.

Its probably best to agree to disagree on this issue, i'm sure we wont change each others minds, if you wish to keep the discussion going, thats fine.

Something we can agree on: Venezuelan women are udd sexy.

[/b]

Yeah....i noticed this too....there were alot of Japanese people in Venezuela and sushi was fucking popular...like there would be 3 sushi restaurants ever three blocks (i stayed in las palos grandes area)......oh yeah and yes Venezuelan women are VERY sexy....just go to Centro Comercial San Ignacio on a friday night......DAMN!

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by CALIgula@Mar 29 2006, 03:33 AM

....just cause you have a LARGE standing army doesn't mean you can supply them all......

I don't know if anyone here is truly Zionist, or perhaps from Israel or just likes the country because it isn't Muslim but...

The US is the most powerful Army, Navy, Air Force and anything else in the world, right? Well we could beat the army but not control the ground we took in Iraq with a population that is basicly a third of Iran. Technology is relevant in arguments, but Vietnam is the proof that supply is not adequate compensation for heart and purpose. Israel can shake of the surrounding countries but it isn't as strong as you might want to beleive.

But really, I think my real point will follow here...

Originally posted by KING BLING+Mar 30 2006, 12:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KING BLING - Mar 30 2006, 12:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CALIgula@Mar 29 2006, 03:33 AM

....just cause you have a LARGE standing army doesn't mean you can supply them all......

I don't know if anyone here is truly Zionist, or perhaps from Israel or just likes the country because it isn't Muslim but...

The US is the most powerful Army, Navy, Air Force and anything else in the world, right? Well we could beat the army but not control the ground we took in Iraq with a population that is basicly a third of Iran. Technology is relevant in arguments, but Vietnam is the proof that supply is not adequate compensation for heart and purpose. Israel can shake of the surrounding countries but it isn't as strong as you might want to beleive.

But really, I think my real point will follow here...

[/b]

I agree....its hard to take Iraq because of insurgency (they know the territorry and can fight well on it)....same as vietnam....hell...same as us fighting the britsh...but....as far as Iran goes.....the U.S. more than likely wont send in many ground troops...theyll just bomb the nuclear reactors from the sky...by the way im not Zionist, Jewish, or Muslim...just stating the facts..