mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

I'm really curious as to the durability of flat black paint like that. It looks great, but I just can't imagine it holding up all that well. Something to think about anyway.

I mean, clear coats have a purpose other than gloss. I'm really not sure either way, but it crossed my mind.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seeking..

this is all he said in the ad.

1986 Honda 450 BOBBER. I purchased this about 9 months ago. It was built by a motorcycle shop in Woodstock. It runs great has plenty of power. Its a 6 speed tranny so highway is no problem. Sounds amazing. Has Harley Sportster tank and old Ford taillight. Custom hardtail and springer seat. Carbs were rejetted so it has a little hesitation in cold weather but warmer weather HOLD ON because it will move out.

hes asking $1950..

I just dug up an old cb500t for $200. This is my first bike ever and obviously, a learning one. What do you guys suggest I do to start? Any good site with information and tings? I'm excited to get this thing running. For right now, I want to keep the original look as much as possible with a few mods like replace the handle, take out the old air box (I kind of want it there to keep the og look but looks clunky).

• Like 1

450s are good for city use. I wouldnt put that on a freeway around here. I'd say a beginner can hop on any bike smaller than 900 cc's and not have a problem. TAKE THE MSF FIRST. Dont learn to ride on your own bike if you dont already have a bike you can trash.

You can probably talk him down to 1400 pretty easily. Go a couple hundred lower if it needs work or tires are anything but i doubt it does. Looks clean for a 450.... at least in those photos.

i cant tell shit from those sucky ass flics. looks like he just strutted the rear, could be wrong. $1950 is way high. you can get really nice cb750's for less than that.

agree that a 450 will be too small for highway. even my 883 feels pretty sketchy above 65. it can pull it, but wind bobs you around hard.

soup,

im drawing up plans for this shit as we speak. i think you'll be stoked. going a little fancy. actually gonna have a 'paint job'. with a 'scheme'. there may be some lace.

thinking about running two diff fenders, with two diff mounting systems, you know, just to keep things fresh. also drawing up new exhaust plans. running remote oil filter.

high on ambien.

$18 dollars worth of faggots.

no offense, but mad street bike dudes are wicked homos.

No its the truth especially the kid in the baby blue in the back taking videos on his iphone while riding.

In the world of motorcycling you have

Purists, Cruisers and Douche Bags...

Purists - who have been riding for years stay within the laws usually do their own repairs or build their own bikes, watch racing do track days, do serious touring stay up on all news about motorcycling. Could be anyone who is serious about motorcycling...we ride in the rain...

Cruisers - People who just have a bike to enjoy a sunday ride, do some of their own repairs...

Douchebags - Who think they know how to ride dont wear shit for protection think stunting is part of riding motorcycles or just drive from bar to bar getting wasted. They ride so other people will look at them. They cant go over 25 in a corner even though they have a top of the line race bred sport bike. They see puddles and the whole group screeches to a halt... They get all amped up to go on rides that like 25 min then they sit at a spot for 2 hours and drive home or to the next bar. Usually ride extremely dangerously with no gear. Cry their hearts out when their friends die from doing 130 down the highway at 2am and slam into the back of a semi truck while their alcohol level is 1.900. Then they say "its those damn motorcycles they are too dangerous! they should be outlawed!!" and then the other two demographics insurance goes up. There is usually mohawks associated with this group...

I def fall under purist's. I was the only one who had been up since 8am riding. Only one in full gear they took this shitty ride i sped off doing 70 through these corners and disappeared came back 5 min later after going all the way up and down the hills and they just got to the spot. They all were staring at me like I did something wrong I was like am I in trouble they said were did you go? I pointed the roads out from on top the hill they were like you cant do that that fast?

Is that one guy seriously riding in a tank top? Ugh.

I'd say 99% of the street bike riders I see fall into the douchebag category, easily. That said, I kinda want that new Ducati 848... and then hope I fall into that 1% of non-douchebaggery.

2010-Ducati-848-Dark.jpg

really jer, you're going for 1% status now a days?

ive been riding in just t shirt and jeans last couple days. i feel a little bad about it, but at the same time, its so nice, i cant help it. plus, 85 degrees is pretty warm in a leather when you're just riding around town, spending more time at lights than moving.

i really liked a couple of the vansons i tried on, but unless you can try out a few different brands, id be careful. every single one i tried fit different.

ended up going with a fox creek. shit is great, but even thugh its vented, its a little warm for the southern heat.