mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I wanna get a bike.

I'm 6'7", 250 lbs.

Can I ride anything but a Harley? I could buy a sick fucking car at the same price. Ideally I'd want a 2006 YZF-R1

R1_BLU_4sized.jpg

I dunno if I'd look rediculess on it or if it would be comfortable at any sort of distance. Any of you have tall friends with bikes? What do they ride?

-Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 15 2006, 01:13 PM

I can't wait to see the inevitable combination of bike + hammock.

I've already been plotting the map for a hammock camping road trip.

I might try to hammock camp my way down to Key West to check the pirate museam and drink at the same bars as Hemmingway.

I just know he worked for the paper in the city where I live.

He was there a long time before he was an acredited writer

and apparently had some long standing fued with the editor.

... I just looked at the timeline of his life.

Your city in 1917 and my city in 1920. There we go!

oh and steve.... could you please write you whole take on countersteering for me?

I can do it with a lot of leaning on a bike, but I'd like to hear it from you for a motorbike.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 15 2006, 02:16 PM

oh and steve.... could you please write you whole take on countersteering for me?

I can do it with a lot of leaning on a bike, but I'd like to hear it from you for a motorbike.

dude. I don't know. My first bike only bad 50 hp and I never really did any agressive riding with it. The flicking the bike to the opposite side of the turn and then taking a hard edge turn aspect is something that has pretty much always come natural to me. You can blame that on all the bicycle racing I've done over the years. I haven't done any of the really hardcore strictly countersteering through clover leafs on the duc yet...mainly because it's too fucking cold here still. I've only ridden it a few times. I'm still trying to get used to it. Like I've mentioned before...my ex-racer buddy Lou is gonna take me out and hook me up with some tips...once the weather and streets get cleaned up. Waaaay too much sand on them right now. I can give you a holler afterwards and see if I can explain it then.