mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

Originally posted by TAXI DRIVER+Mar 7 2006, 09:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TAXI DRIVER - Mar 7 2006, 09:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Soup@Mar 7 2006, 04:27 PM

2005-Yamaha-V-Star-Custom-Lean-and-Mean-B.jpeg

650cc's of pure get-the-fuck-out-of-the-city-cus-the-shit-sucks-sometimes. Fuck you all and your nine grand sport bikes.

650 cc's of pure training wheels ;)

[/b]

Howdja guess?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Soup@Mar 7 2006, 04:27 PM

2005-Yamaha-V-Star-Custom-Lean-and-Mean-B.jpeg

650cc's of pure get-the-fuck-out-of-the-city-cus-the-shit-sucks-sometimes. Fuck you all and your nine grand sport bikes.

That's my dad's bike. It is fucking badass, I was contemplating getting either one of those or a Suzuki Boulevard M50:

PMX0605Newcars004_large.jpg

But then my car broke down beyond repair and I had to buy a new one, so I have no money for a bike.

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 8 2006, 12:14 AM

Aprilla in the SuperMoto game

that supermoto shit is scary...

i rode my uncles Husaberg 750, that he basically had a supermoto setup on, without the slicks and i felt like i was going to shit myself.

of course i was only like 16 and weighed about 145, i'm sure it would be a bit different now

Originally posted by SteveAustin+Mar 7 2006, 01:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveAustin - Mar 7 2006, 01:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-destroya@Mar 7 2006, 12:02 PM

for anyone who knows about motorcycles; what would be a good choice for a beginner, and how much should i expect to pay?

In my opinion....buy something cheap that you don't care about in the 450 - 650 cc range.

If you want to go with a cruiser...you can go a few cc's higher...but I'd still get something you don't mind dropping. Shit happens.

Its always better to be underpowerd when you're first learning to ride. Plenty of other learning experiences are gonna come your way without having to worry about the bike getting out from under you.

[/b]

thanks meng. when it comes down to it, i'm not really interested in power. as exposed to danger as i'll already be, i don't need to go 180mph. i mostly just want something that looks nice and runs well. about dropping the bike; unless there's some rider jargon i'm unfamiliar with, i'm assuming you mean the bike toppling over. aside from some fuckhead pushing your shit over, is this really a big issue with beginners? like, should i start saving now for medical bills and cosmetic repair?

Guest KephaOneLove
Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 7 2006, 12:31 PM

I'd love one of these badboys (as a starter)

klr_lg.jpg

i gots one..been riding it for 4 years now..i ride more than the average person,,and i love this bike...it has alittle too much power for a beginner..but otherwise a timeless bike..

Guest KephaOneLove
Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 7 2006, 06:18 PM

oh... apparently there's a ducati supermoto coming out in the next two years.... let me look....

found it !!

Hypermotard_400.jpg

060214_duc.jpg

i_01_800.jpg

o'''my god...holy shit..this is too fresh...

im in the process of turning my klr into a super moto,,but fuck it,,might as well wait for this.hot damn thats a sexy bike,,,id like to fuck its tail pipe..haha

Originally posted by KephaOneLove@Mar 8 2006, 03:12 AM

i gots one..been riding it for 4 years now..i ride more than the average person,,and i love this bike...

it has alittle too much power for a beginner..but otherwise a timeless bike..

perfect.... I've got questions for you!

top speed?

vibrations at highway speeds?

Good for a rider at 5'10"?

Distance on a full tank?

How's the clutch?

anything else you want to share?

I'm seriously starting to consider this bike.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Haha, I like that dude who said the bikes we like are ugly, then posts the most generic GSX's ever.

That Ducati Supermoto is fucking gorgeous.

Also,

Originally posted by isor357@Mar 7 2006, 07:46 PM

cb_1.JPG

I actually have one of these at home. 1987. I need a new air filter and I should be set to rock it again.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 8 2006, 07:37 AM

Haha, I like that dude who said the bikes we like are ugly, then posts the most generic GSX's ever.

I was thinking the same thing...but then again...I was also thinking there's no way in hell he's talking to me. That Ducati 916/996/998 body style is just plain gorgeous...and timeless. The Jap bikes have waaaaaaay too many retarded graphics on them. I considered a Honda RC51 at one point...but the graphics just scream "I still have acne". I also looked at the new Kawi's as well...I like where they're going.