mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sadly...lots of bikes get dropped...whether its from a sandy intersection, lack of riding time or some jealous fucktwat. I wouldn't worry too much about a bike thats been dropped and has some scratches as a bike thats been down.

My best advice would be to go to the local dealer of whatever bike you want and talk to a service tech. Those guys are a wealth of knowledge and will tell you exactly what to look for and avoid. I did this when looking for my duck. Hell, the tech even talked me up into a 996 instead of getting a 748.

no problem mang...just so you know...the japanese bikes can take a hell of a beating.

and anyone shopping for a crotch rocket...has got to know...they've all been ridden hard.

oh yeah...I'd go used pretty much always...there's always some dude that bought too much bike and got scared shitless, so he's selling it with less than 1k miles on it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Rumy, go for a used honda. Trust me on that. I come from a country where you see more bikes than cars on the streets.

I'm gonna cosign the Honda as well. I'm also rather partial to Yamahas.

I've been told a story about some engineers draining the oil in a yamaha to see how long it would hold out. apparently the thing wouldn't blow...so they drained the radiator as well...and it kept on going. I'm gonna have to do some research and see if I can't find that story. Homie swears its true.

I was reading in a buyers guide and it seems honda has the rep as the most dependable (if a little boring) of the Japanese big 4.

hell... my Dad used to ride a honda two-stroke when he was younger than me. (i'm not that young)

the caponord is a nice looking enduro tourer, but I'd go V-Strom 650 over it.

index.jpg

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 7 2006, 07:44 PM

^ good to hear that from a dirt rider.

it's all sunny today. I wish I was out on my bike (currently... a pedal power haro)

yeah, me too...

i have a Kawasaki MXer right now, last time i went to the track (which is a fair distance from the house) the thing shat out on me and wouldn't start...i got so fucking pissed.

luckily, with my dad getting a new one i get his old Honda...that thing rides smooth.

for now i am holding down bike status, but next week is spring break and shit is going down.

suzuki GS500(S).... ? good starter bike?

seems like a lot of people trade them in to move up after a year or two.

I dont want something that will feel too beginner for me in a year.

any thoughts?

gs500.jpg

I've seen them for like 4K from 2004 (with the sport faring)

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 7 2006, 03:20 PM

suzuki GS500(S).... ? good starter bike?

seems like a lot of people trade them in to move up after a year or two.

I dont want something that will feel too beginner for me in a year.

any thoughts?

gs500.jpg

I've seen them for like 4K from 2004 (with the sport faring)

nevermind.....yeah tthats a good begginer bike.....hecksa easy handling and hecksa more power then a fucking 250 witch you'll grow out of in 1 month......you might as well start with that then buying something like an R6 an putting it down