mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mags for me are synonymous with racebikes, specifically the HondaCB750, which is the last bike I would want connected to harley. The CB750 was the first bike to ever have mag wheels in the 80s. They were star shaped and called magstars.

And the term rim reffers to rims, not wheels. The term makes sense when you're reffering to a spoked wheel as a rim, but mag rims make no fucking sense.

where did i call them rims?

i personally want mags on mine because i have been out on trips

and when a guy gets a flat with wires you are somewhat fucked.

you have to replace the innertube which means taking the wheel off,

not a big deal to take off a wheel but when you are in the middle of

nowhere... it can be a big deal

get a flat on a non-innertube bike and you just plug it, air it back up

and you are back on the road.

that's the main reason why i want a non-innertube wheel, and since the

HD sporty mags are cheapest and don't look bad(to me), that's

what i will end up getting

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/08/end-of-the-road-for-loud-pipes-in-california/#more-9480

California may be banning the use of aftermarket pipes. It hasnt passed yet, but if it does it could be a secondary infraction. IE: you get pulled over for hollywood stopping a stopsign, then get slapped with a $50-250 fine for the pipes.

If i had that brammo i wouldnt even care.

Calling on insurance today. Luckily most of the things that got broken are easy to fix or I was going to swap out anyways. It was a shit rookie move but the bike will get proper one way or another.

MC insurance suggestions? I'm leaning towards Progressive - mainly because of:

Picture3.png

fuck progressive-overrated and over priced. go with mcgwire. theyll take care of you. if youre a "new rider" in their eyes. it will cost you. i pay 800 a yr. about 78.00 a month. even though ive been ridin for yrs. this is my first legit bike. hope it helps.

I had progressive and was only paying $128 for liability, roadside assistance, and some collision (cheap because I did it through blue cross). They didnt even tell me they offered roadside assistance until i needed that fucking pickup truck to load up my bike because my tire had been worn completely to the other side, so when I called them i first asked if i could get a towtruck. They said no, because if i signed up for it now they wouldnt deploy it for a previous problem. You know how much roadside assistance is? $8 a year. How fucking ridiculous is this situation?

Went on their website, signed up through their online shit, called them again, problem solved. Saved $150 in tow services.

That's how much it was out of pocket. I had to send progressive the receipt and they reimbursed me. Dunno bout where you live, but here it's per mile. Not sure what the rate is exactly but I remember another time i spent $170 on a 6.4 mile tow. And the asshole tried to tie it down to the bed, standing up. Bike fell over on the ride home.

Now that I think about it, it was a fucking fight with progressive to reimburse me, AND they never payed for the damages to the bike caused by the tow truck.

Anyway, geico and progressive are cool because you can change up your coverage online any time. State Farm is great because they cover accidents at the track. McGraw and some other small local insurance companies are great because you can say you have insurance for next to nothing but their service is shady. If you got blue cross they'll get you the best deal because they'll act as your insurance broker.

Thats my $.02

thats gay as shit.

i had to get my car towed 3 blocks (reason why i didnt just push it was it was 630 am and it had been "orange stickered" so it was getting towed by the city at 7am.) and it cost me 70, then they told me it was a flat rate in the city so i went ahead and got it towed 12 miles to a friends car shop.

and that was out of pocket, cash

fuck progressive-overrated and over priced. go with mcgwire. theyll take care of you. if youre a "new rider" in their eyes. it will cost you. i pay 800 a yr. about 78.00 a month. even though ive been ridin for yrs. this is my first legit bike. hope it helps.
i have progressive and like you i'm a 'new rider', never had a bike insured in my name

i pay $48 a month for my 08 nightster, full coverage plus $3k for accessories/customization

when i wrecked out doing 70mph back in april they did an excellent job taking care of me.

they covered the towing fee(i was 2hours/119miles from home), fixed my bike($3100 in damages),

and gave me a check for $43 for my gloves that got fucked up

i didn't even have to pay for the deductible because when they did the estimate

they said the exhaust needed to be replaced cause it got scratched up.

but what they didn't know was that it was already scratched up due to some tight turns

in parking lots and i leaned it over too much and just scraped the heat shields.

so since i knew the exhaust was fine i told them to just not replace the exhaust.

the parts plus labor was over $500 so not only did it cover my deductible but

i got a small gift card with the difference on it, ha

the only thing that wasn't covered all the way was my gloves, they cost me $80 new

but i only got $43 from them. but i could care less because they took great care of

me everywhere else...