<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Casek and Mainter I HAVE A TASK THAT NEEDS AN ANSWER!

I got a small side job I gotta do for my company. I have 150 Ipods that we are selling to this company so they can give these to employees. The one thing they need on all these Ipods is a video that needs to be loaded on all of them.

They want to have the people get their Ipod take it out of the box push play and have this video from their company play.

Can I do this with out fucking up registration on these Ipods or what?

Someday a stranger will read your e-mail, rummage through your instant messages without your permission or scan the Web sites you’ve visited — maybe even find out that you read this story.

You might be spied in a lingerie store by a secret camera or traced using a computer chip in your car, your clothes or your skin.

Perhaps someone will casually glance through your credit card purchases or cell phone bills, or a political consultant might select you for special attention based on personal data purchased from a vendor.

story here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15221095/?GT1=8618

Casek and Mainter I HAVE A TASK THAT NEEDS AN ANSWER!

I got a small side job I gotta do for my company. I have 150 Ipods that we are selling to this company so they can give these to employees. The one thing they need on all these Ipods is a video that needs to be loaded on all of them.

They want to have the people get their Ipod take it out of the box push play and have this video from their company play.

Can I do this with out fucking up registration on these Ipods or what?

i have no idea i do not mess with IPODS and i doubt casek does either

Ok, I got "Banned" from a car forum by this moderator who owes me some parts. Long story short I sent him some money for a part, he banned me, and now I cannot get onto the website or anything. Im assuming this asshole has an IP ban on me? Is there a way I can get around this? I need to get on and post under another name and get the word out this guy is fucked. Any way of doing this besides going to the library and getting on there??

This story appeared earlier this day and I thought I pass it on here as well. Some people have troubles with the WGA checks even though they run a legit copy of Windows. The new Internet Explorer 7 performs a WGA check when you choose to install it, if that fails you can’t install it. This guide is for everyone who has this troubles.

You need to start by download the Internet Explorer installer from the Microsoft website and use Winrar to unpack the files contained in the installer to a dir on your hard drive. After that is done you download the iecustom.dll file and replace the orginal file in the upload folder with it. Once that is done run update.exe from within the update folder and choose to restart at a later time.

Download normaliz.dll and copy it into your system32 directory, restart your computer afterwards. Run xmllitesetup.exe which is located in the update folder as well. Restart your computer once more, once this is done the new IE 7 is ready to use.

You might run into troubles that normaliz.exe can’t be found on your system after the first reboot. If that is the case do the following.

1. Press ctrl-alt-del to go to the task manager.

2. Go to “File -> Run” in the task manager.

3. Type: ‘cmd’ and push enter. The command prompt window will appear.

4. Type: ‘copy c:\normaliz.dll c:\windows\system32\normaliz.dll’

A user reported that he was able to install Internet Explorer 7 by simply blocking the outgoing connection when the local WGA checks fails. He waited about one minute and then the installer continued.