<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

here you go use this

MessenPass – Recover Lost Instant Messenger Passwords

podnutz-anim.gif

Did your client forget their Instant Messenger password? Messenpass is a portable, freeware application designed to show the passwords of a variety of instant messengers. Supported programs include:

• MSN Messenger
  • Windows Messenger (In Windows XP)
  • Windows Live Messenger (In Windows XP/Vista/7)
  • Yahoo Messenger (Versions 5.x and 6.x)
  • Google Talk
  • ICQ Lite 4.x/5.x/2003
  • AOL Instant Messenger v4.6 or below, AIM 6.x, and AIM Pro.
  • Trillian
  • Trillian Astra
  • Miranda
  • GAIM/Pidgin
  • MySpace IM
  • PaltalkScene
  • Digsby

Messenpass applies to the current user logged in on the computer and it only works if one of the above programs was set to remember passwords. It can’t be used to grab passwords of other users. When Messenpass is run it automatically detects installed IM programs and decrypts any stored passwords, showing them in the Messenpass window. If it fails to detect any installed IM program they can be manually added with the ‘Select Folder’ option from the File menu. In the main page of Messenpass any passwords can be selected and copied to the clipboard in a tab-delimited format.

Messenpass also has command line options which are shown in a table on the web page.

Note: some antivirus programs have a false alert that shows Messenpass as being infected with a Trojan.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mspass.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you guys still check this. I bought a Kodak A250 50-in-1 card reader and the shit does not connect to any computers im not sure if there is anything wrong with it. it connected a couple times but aside from that it never connected afterwards! i tried downloading a driver but it says my computer doesn't need it.

any idea what i should do? should i email kodak?

Hopefully you guys still check this. I bought a Kodak A250 50-in-1 card reader and the shit does not connect to any computers im not sure if there is anything wrong with it. it connected a couple times but aside from that it never connected afterwards! i tried downloading a driver but it says my computer doesn't need it.

any idea what i should do? should i email kodak?

Could be a number of things. Have you updated your computers BIOS?

if it doesnt do it on its own thats a negative. i had another card reader that i lost that worked but this one doesnt seem to work on any computer i plug it into. im probably gonna go buy another one right now but i would like to get this one working

Chances are it's human error and not defective tech. Brand and model of your computer?

Alright, so I think I picked up some spyware/adware from looking at teh pronz. I bought PC Tools Spyware Doctor, shit will not run and do its job. Probably due to the virus/spyware/adware I got. I downloaded the PC Tools registry editor, that would install, but nothing suspcious shows up. I am using Hi-Jack This, the free program that checks your shit out and fixes/deletes things. Still I cannot get the Spyware Doctor to run. I haven't gotten a response for support from PC Tools. Any suggestions on where to go from here.

If you can try to download and install malwarebytes. If you cant download it on your computer then download on another computer and put it on a memory stick.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

or norton power eraser

http://bit.ly/askexp2250

Super anti spyware is a great piece of software too, download and run scans

http://www.superantispyware.com/

try and run these programs in safe mode..

hope these helps..

nice one..

pZ..

• Like 1

Hello.

I have a folder that is 30gb in size. I want to burn the folder onto DVDs ( its a waste I know, but a friend has all my music from my ipod as back up and now i need them back )

I dont want to do math and figure out what will fit onto each DVD, since i have mixed files.

Is there a way to seperate 30some gb folder into parts? like split 30gb into parts of 4gb folders, a quick way?

Im thinking winrar, but dont have a lot of experience with winrar. I just use it to compress multiple files into one and thats it.

Thanks.

A new Firefox extension released this past week for which IE to this point has yet to release security patches. (pretty sure) This is a module that enables you to hijack someone's Facebook, Twitter, ect session by using a packet sniffer to uncover unencrypted cookies from a wlan. You can get around it by implementing Firefox and another module called Fireshepard. I think i read somewhere that a couple hundred thousand people have downloaded this Firesheep hookup. I plan on playing with it when i get a minute. I dont really know much about it beyond what i've read. Not sure if this is limited to a current session or if it gives you a persistent cookie. I expect as soon as you hijack someones shit all you would need to do at that point is just change their password. So i'm not here trying to tell you guys how to get over... just how to protect yourself. Also if this has already been discussed disregard Abcs aquire Fireshepard

nice. you should play with it while you can and at least let me know how it went. i plan to use it on one particular person, not to hick jack their stuff, but rather read their private stuff that would resolve a conflict in the long run.

PM me the results and what you had to do to make it work.

thanks.

Should I look into saving for a new computer or should I just get more memory and maybe a new graphics card and upgrade to 7 so I can have DX11 or 10 or what ever I can handle.

Mainboard : MSI MS-7399

Chipset : nVidia GeForce 7100

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400 MHz

Physical Memory : 2048 MB (1 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO

Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B

Monitor Type : CTX PV720 - 17 inches

Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 24 inches

Network Card : MCP73 Ethernet

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2010)

sure thing. My Dell was designed for Win XP. I didn't upgrade the graphics card but win7 works just fine. I just dont have some of the fancy Aero display features

You don't need that shit. It's eye candy and not useful for anything.

A new graphics card will allow that shit and also speed up your system considerably.

kinda lame but i need some html/php/etc help. i only really know html and css, so mysql and php and crap is not my forte.

i got an idea for a blog i want to do. it's basically gonna be two blogs side-by-side. one side articles, the other side little twitter-style non-sequitur bullshit.

so i made two wordpress blogs, and figured i could somehow insert the code from the body of one into a table or div or whatever on the other. but i'm having trouble figuring out how to access two different databases from one page. i don't wanna do frames because i want them to scroll together like a news website.

I have a Philips Micro Theatre MCD708 hooked up to my desktop. I also have a definitive sub hooked up to that. Whenever I play a song that has a lot of bass, when it (the bass) drops the vocals sound like a scratched cd.

Any help?! I can record the audio and put it on youtube if that helps?

Have you got an EQ for it? Maybe you need to drop it down from 24 bit sound quality?

There are a few solutions that could solve this. Go into your sound card properties and check

to see if it's set properly. Surround sound?