<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Turn off overlays in vlc. In the video options.

Casek tks for reply. I cant find overlay option in video tab. I have tried other players, same problem. I am able to watch netflix through t.v. but no avi files. Is it possible my t.v. cant view the avi files because of a resolution difference?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Casek tks for reply. I cant find overlay option in video tab. I have tried other players, same problem. I am able to watch netflix through t.v. but no avi files. Is it possible my t.v. cant view the avi files because of a resolution difference?

Settings->Preference->Video and untick Video overlay.

You can disable overlay/accerelation in wmp under Tools->Options->Performance->Hardware acceleration.

• Like 1

got a macbook pro the other day and want the hookup on software like photoshop and illustrator, anyone know where i can downloads from?

thanks

If you get Lil' Snitch and KCNScrew passwords you can get almost any Mac program for free.

Make sure you hit deny on Lil' Snitch when it tries to contact the programs company for updates though or you'll be screwed.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I am in need of finding a download.... I consider myself being quit crafty when finding downloads, but this one has me stumped, and I figured I'd ask some of you....This might require some advanced internetting.

It's called "The Speed Merchants Collection" .. What it is is a 4 disc set of high res race-car images from the late 60's and early 70's. I was hoping I would be able to find some iso's or just directories online, but no dice.

here is the link to their website:

HERE

Any help with this would be GREATLY appriciated.. and of course props.

/tryingnottospend40beansoner

1.1mb/s is pretty good man.

Did you mean kb/s?

Either way, if you aren't happy with that you might want to check how your setting and preferences should be set up for your particular torrent program.

Port forwarding might also help you out.

You can find all the info you need for that shit on Google.

1.1mb/s is pretty good man.

Did you mean kb/s?

Either way, if you aren't happy with that you might want to check how your setting and preferences should be set up for your particular torrent program.

Port forwarding might also help you out.

You can find all the info you need for that shit on Google.

Yeah I meant 1.1 mb/s.

Yeah it is fucking fast. I was just interested into why it always peaked at exactly 1.1mb/s and whether something on my computer was restricting it.

I forwarded ports already.

Was more interested than unhappy.

Cheers anyway.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

got a problem

i cannot open any programs in my windows wolf machine.

i can browse files and delete them but i can not open any programs period.

when i open task manager i have 24 processes of which none look suspect.

i have something called haali media splitter show up and maybe this is the problem?

seems like all my permissions have been revoked and i cant do shit.

?

got a problem

i cannot open any programs in my windows wolf machine.

i can browse files and delete them but i can not open any programs period.

when i open task manager i have 24 processes of which none look suspect.

i have something called haali media splitter show up and maybe this is the problem?

seems like all my permissions have been revoked and i cant do shit.

?

F5 at boot and go into safe mode and see what you can do. Run antivirus if you can.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

ok so i made some progress

i believe this is not a virus issue but more of permissions

i finally got firefox to open

basically when i try to open a program i get the choose a program to open the file with dialog box and thats about it.

i entered safe mode with command prompt to figure things out but alas no dice at least not till now.

i feel as if somehow a file<dll> was corrupted so windows no longer knows how to open programs because usually when things are virus related the only issues are with internet apps and access but this is across the board.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

basically when i try to open a program i get the choose a program to open the file with dialog box and thats about it.

i entered safe mode with command prompt to figure things out but alas no dice at least not till now.

i feel as if somehow a file<dll> was corrupted so windows no longer knows how to open programs because usually when things are virus related the only issues are with internet apps and access but this is across the board.

my external HD is fucking up

it uses a USB Y cable

using it on mac osx

when one end of the Y is connect to my computer the HD makes a clicking or beeping noise.

when both are connect the noise stops, & i can hear it spinning if i put it up to my ear.

but my computer doesnt recognize it, doesnt show up on my desktop or finder.

wtf is going on here?

You can reinstall without losing your programs.

I'm at my in-laws house and can't seem to get my laptop on the wifi. I was able to get my iPhone on it though. At my apt. my laptop is always on wifi. Also I'm running on vista.

802.11b/g/n/i

what does yer laptop support and what does the router support?

Guest Ginger Bread Man
my external HD is fucking up

it uses a USB Y cable

using it on mac osx

when one end of the Y is connect to my computer the HD makes a clicking or beeping noise.

when both are connect the noise stops, & i can hear it spinning if i put it up to my ear.

but my computer doesnt recognize it, doesnt show up on my desktop or finder.

wtf is going on here?

congratulations, usually this is a clear sign of a dead drive(physical damage). hopefully you made backups.

the clicking and beeping sound is the read/write assembly trying to read the hd platters but because it cannot read it it returns to the starting position and trys to read the platter again.

basically its like a needle trying to read a broken record it skips and skips.

congratulations, usually this is a clear sign of a dead drive(physical damage). hopefully you made backups.

the clicking and beeping sound is the read/write assembly trying to read the hd platters but because it cannot read it it returns to the starting position and trys to read the platter again.

basically its like a needle trying to read a broken record it skips and skips.

damn thats what i figured

i didnt have much on it other than music and movies

can i export from itunes onto a new HD?

Guest Ginger Bread Man
damn thats what i figured

i didnt have much on it other than music and movies

can i export from itunes onto a new HD?

i dont quite understand

where are the music files located? if they are on your dead drive then no. if you have them on an ipod or another working drive then yes you can export your files with 3rd party plug ins