<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

poes the error you are talking about has to do with bittorrent, and its eating up yer memory which makes yer computer freeze and make you restart because there is to many tcp/ip has reached the security limit the error happens because Windows Vista still limit the concurrent half-open or incomplete (syn packets) TCP/IP connections attempts that able to establish per second.

use this

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/04/09/windows-vista-tcpipsys-connection-limit-patch-for-event-id-4226/ its a tcp/ip patch to open up the connections for more hosts to connect

if you need help just post back i will walk you through it

i just need to know what version of vista you got and if its x86 "32bit" or x64 "64bit"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was thinking ati too even though they came a little late on that last card,

it performs similar to a 8800 ultra but they will release new drivers which will

boost performance.

Ive read alot about the 9800gx2 and its basically the two cards in one,

like the 7950gx2

the price on the ati is not bad (~450.00) compared to 700 of a 8800ultra.

now what im interested in is the new gen cards. next year maybe.. i think nvidia just wanted

to pull a quickie with the 9800s so they can start focusing on the next gen cards..

I have been thinking of what to do with my life for some time.

Ive always been interested in animation, rendering, and engineering.

I have tons of free time and i mostly spend it online lurking the net.

I want to do something useful out of it and i can get Maya, cad, etc..

tutorials are everywhere, i just don't know how long the computer industry will last.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do really and I have always liked working with computers,

My current one only a 6800 256MB and vista uses up alot of it, basically, games suck when i play and i think my computer would work better overall.

Ive been thinking of upgrading since the 7900 era, but never really felt like dropping 500..

what do you think?

I have been thinking of what to do with my life for some time.

Ive always been interested in animation, rendering, and engineering.

I have tons of free time and i mostly spend it online lurking the net.

I want to do something useful out of it and i can get Maya, cad, etc..

tutorials are everywhere, i just don't know how long the computer industry will last.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do really and I have always liked working with computers,

My current one only a 6800 256MB and vista uses up alot of it, basically, games suck when i play and i think my computer would work better overall.

Ive been thinking of upgrading since the 7900 era, but never really felt like dropping 500..

what do you think?

3d has had my interest for a long time. i actually took the time several years ago to learn 3d studio max. very worthwhile. but i don't do anything with it. i've forgotten 50% of what i used to know.

if you do learn it, learn it now. this guy was a great help to me

http://www.neilblevins.com/

read his resume. it's pretty fucking intense to know that self taught can get you a nice position.

also, a guy on here named "spadeo" is into 3d. has some great work. i think his name is chris spade, you can google him and see his portfolio.

i'm still running an atix1300. it works for me. i do minor video editing with vegas, some photoshop.

that one i posted removes norton. all of it. the one seffiks posted opens up more connections. alot to explain as far as tcp/ip, but download it, and run it.

lord i downloaded the link you provide and im going to download the one shai posted....

i think you and seff are helping poes with tcp/ip thang

Guest shai_hulud

I believe the link casek posted is the uninstaller for Norton. Download it, run that, THEN install Avast! and run the updater. Then, start the scan.

Depending on how many files you have on your computer and the range (what directories and files) that you do the virus scan on, it could take anywhere from twenty minutes to several hours to get everything straightened out.

Sorry, I'm doing a lot of running around today. I would have answered sooner, but I got sidetracked.

seffiks/casek

Argh, i havent run bittorrent for a few days and the same shit is still happening.

kservice.exe is managing to take up 98% of the CPU

i searched the web a bit and i understand kservice is something to do with p2p, although i haven't had any p2p programs running.

Can i just disable it? what exactly does it do?

I havent got round to installing that patch yet, do you still think that will fix it?

thanks dudes

well i think the patch will fix this sio do the patch first then we will do the kservice

but first lets go do this right click "Computer" and select manage then on the left hand side select event viewer when the event viewer comes up select system: and look for the code

EventID 4226: it will either be a warning or error

• Like 1

well i think the patch will fix this sio do the patch first then we will do the kservice

but first lets go do this right click "Computer" and select manage then on the left hand side select event viewer when the event viewer comes up select system: and look for the code

EventID 4226: it will either be a warning or error

Warning:

EventID 4226

Source: TCIP

Log: System

Last 7 days: 26

Total: 151

i figured this be the best place i can find out about this...

ever since my computer got a virus not too long ago

every time i come to 12oz i get this box popping up all the time..

12oontzum9.png

the number is different every time...

and when i click on a thread the pop up with a different number

for every single post.. ill sit here and click no like 30 times just to look at one thread...

any help?

i figured this be the best place i can find out about this...

ever since my computer got a virus not too long ago

every time i come to 12oz i get this box popping up all the time..

12oontzum9.png

the number is different every time...

and when i click on a thread the pop up with a different number

for every single post.. ill sit here and click no like 30 times just to look at one thread...

any help?

you are using norton

get rid of it

to fix this issue

open internet explorer /tools/ internet options/advanced/scroll down till you you reach Disable script debugging check boxes click to mark them/ click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box

and again get Firefox with the adblock plus add-on, fasterfox add-on and the IE tab add-on

excuse me i did not mean norton , i meant internet explorer

get rid of it and get firefox

actually no i dont use internet explorer...

i got some sbc yahoo joint hooked up

and my pops uses this computer also and

he probably has norton on here somwhere..

hes been blaming me with "downloading all your hip hop"

as the reason these windows keep on popping up...

actually no i dont use internet explorer...

i got some sbc yahoo joint hooked up

and my pops uses this computer also and

he probably has norton on here somwhere..

hes been blaming me with "downloading all your hip hop"

as the reason these windows keep on popping up...

well SBC uses The IE browser as its ..... a what is the word i am looking for its layout it justs adds a face on it and uses yahoo toolbar ( which is adware) with all the fake ass antivirus bullshit

get firefox install it and open it up you can transfer all the setting that you have in IE to firefox this includes the favorites, saved passwords and all that other good shit ( the only difference there will be is that you will press the firefox icon instead of the blue SBC it will take you to the same login screen and everything if you select it to do so

trust me firefox is alot safer then IE ( some say its a little bit slower but not by much but its way more secure and cleaner then IE will ever be and 1 more thing update IE to 7.0 if not done so already

well SBC uses The IE browser as its ..... a what is the word i am looking for its layout it justs adds a face on it and uses yahoo toolbar ( which is adware) with all the fake ass antivirus bullshit

get firefox install it and open it up you can transfer all the setting that you have in IE to firefox this includes the favorites, saved passwords and all that other good shit ( the only difference there will be is that you will press the firefox icon instead of the blue SBC it will take you to the same login screen and everything if you select it to do so

trust me firefox is alot safer then IE ( some say its a little bit slower but not by much but its way more secure and cleaner then IE will ever be and 1 more thing update IE to 7.0 if not done so already

sounds good...

ill do this tomorrow

my pops just upgraded to 7.0

and still i get the pop ups..

"well somethings wrong with the site then

it doesnt do that when im on the internet..."

is what he said...

fuck it ill do it my damn self... tomorrow though..

yep thats yer problem do the patch and get utorrent / casek should be able to walk you through the utorrent /router setup to make it run fast

I added the patch... will have to wait and see if it solves the problem.

Tried propping you but I need to spread them around apparently haha.

WEll it half solved the problem, everything doesnt stop responding when i lose connection.

but all my browsers will randomly stop working on the net even though i have excellent connection. (local and internet)

I can disconnect and reconnect. reset network adapter. and its still the same.

the only way i can get back online is to restart.

Im hoping when I go back to my usual connection this will all go away but I doubt it.