<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmmmm ( had to be installed by someone else it does not come with it or anything like that) have you run a full system scan yet?

Open Windows Defender

Click the downward-pointing arrow next to "Scan" and Select "Full Scan"After the cleaning is finished, close Microsoft Windows Defender

been having probs with my computer.

i installed f.e.a.r. and discovered that

the news drivers for my video card are

hunks of shit. thanks ati.

installed older drivers, ok...but damn.

every once in awhile, the game crashes.

bsod.

so, i went in search of my nvidia mobo drivers.

got the wrong ones at first, then i got the right ones.

big improvement, no bsod, but game crashes to windows

once in awhile.

got fans running all over my system. cleaned all the dustbunnies out.

checked my registry health via tuneup.and a bunch of other shit.

it's too bad ati became shitty by releasing crap drivers right about now.

got a solution for new 7.9 ati catalyst drivers. win xp pro, radeon x1300 pro 256 agp,

1.5 gigs of ram.

Today's Did You Know

Did you know every Microsoft program contacts the web every single time you open it? Open Word? Bang, there it goes. Open excel? Bang again. All it does is check in with the 'secret' handshake server from Microsft that allow Mircosoft to track where its software is. And so microsoft knows EXACTLY who is using legal and who is using illegal software. This information is not acceptable as evidence in a court room, but nevertheless it's uncomfortable to know they know.

I'm singling out M$ here, but I am pretty sure, there's plenty more software that does this. I feel it's a pretty big infringement on my privacy, but there's no other way of stopping it than disconnecting from the web, which is not really a n option anymore.

so with speaking of this you need a firewall that blocks outgoing connections, ( yeah the new vista has an outgoing blocker but microsoft is legit so it filters it right thru and microsoft has given money to alot of the big names in firewalls like zonealarm, outpost, bitdefender to allow this to go thru without detection

so with speaking of this you need a firewall that blocks outgoing connections, ( yeah the new vista has an outgoing blocker but microsoft is legit so it filters it right thru and microsoft has given money to alot of the big names in firewalls like zonealarm, outpost, bitdefender to allow this to go thru without detection

packet level blocking?

oh yeah, problem sorta fixed. had to find a vista catalyst control center standalone install.

it worked. fixed it on xp. ha! sense of humor those ati people have.

Umm manute bol was talking to me on AIM yesterday, and he started a direct IM session, but it screwed up and now I can't talk to him anymore. I can type, but I can't press enter to send the IMs, and the send button is also not working.

I can use audio chat and whatever, so maybe the problem is on my end. Any ideas how to fix it?? Or should I just get the update I have been putting off for ages?

Umm manute bol was talking to me on AIM yesterday, and he started a direct IM session, but it screwed up and now I can't talk to him anymore. I can type, but I can't press enter to send the IMs, and the send button is also not working.

I can use audio chat and whatever, so maybe the problem is on my end. Any ideas how to fix it?? Or should I just get the update I have been putting off for ages?

dear mauler,

http://www.pidgin.im/

sincerely,

casek

Belkin on Friday announced the TuneStage for iPod nano, which connects the iPod nano to a home entertainment system or vehicle audio system wirelessly, using Bluetooth technology. It costs $179.99 and is coming in July.

When used at home, the TuneStage’s transmitter connects to the dock connector of the iPod nano and a small receiver attaches to the stereo system. It can transmit from up to 33 feet away, and doesn’t require a line of sight in order to work. The receiver connects to a stereo using RCA or 3.5 mm outputs.

http://www.belkin.com/ipod/nano/

THN1001_F8V3080.gifTuneCast® II FM Transmitter F8V3080

Listen to your favorite tunes through any FM stereo receiver by connecting it to your iPod® or other MP3 player, CD or cassette player, PC, or laptop with TuneCast II.THN1001_F8V3080-APL.gifTuneCast™ II F8V3080-APL

Listen to your iPod® tunes through a full range of FM frequencies, from 88.1 to 107.9MHz. The Belkin TuneCast II works on any FM stereo receiver to wirelessly connect a portable music player to your car or home stereo, quickly and easily.

THN1001_F8V367-APL.gifTuneCast™ Mobile FM Transmitter F8V367-APL

Use your iPod to listen to your favorite tunes through any FM stereo receiver on 1 of 4 FM frequencies: 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7MHz. The Belkin TuneCast Mobile FM Transmitter wirelessly connects portable music players to your car or home stereo, quickly and easily.