<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
how can i get on the interwebs with the wii?

and is it possible to get some "virtual games" for it without paying for them?

if yes, how?

thx.

this is how you connect to the interwebs on the wii

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

here are some things you can do with yer wii

http://www.bagunk.com/blog/?p=104

and yes you have to buy a chip (and put it in the wii to get free games (this will void the warranty) but worth it ($60.....

http://www.modchipstore.com/Wiikey-Nintendo-Wii-modchip-mod-chip-Cyclowiz-beater-16430.html

then you can download all the games you want from here

put them on dvd pop them in the wii and play for free

this includes all the ROMS from turbografx/sega/nes/n64/snes/official wii games/ and gamecube and did i say FOR FREE

here let me say it again

FOR FREE!!

thanks.

i think i'd fuck up the metal melting part though.

now i got a problem on xp.

you know on the documents and settings there's 2 folders or however many accounts you have on it, i got "all users" and the admin folder. i right click the admin folder and click properties and it says i got 7.31 gbs in there but then i open it and click properties on the folders that are in there and that only adds up to like 2gb and change. it just happened like a day or two ago maybe when i ripped a dvd, but that usually deletes by itself after it burns, and now i can't burn any new dvds because i don't have enough space left....any helps?

whast a good recording studio software?? like free from the webz

there are tons these days.

for beginners i'd suggest the sony line.

acid pro

soundforge

vegas

for the more advanced

pro-tools

cubase

cakewalk sonar

fruityloops

it's all free, just find torrents.

i still couldn't find anything, so i thought the folder was set to invisible for some reason so i unhid all the files and there were like 4.5 gbs in 5 or so files in the temp folder in the local settings, they start with NVE and then an additional 2 digit number. i googled it and the only thing that came up was 1 link to a nero 7 support forum or somethink... i guess it was that mauler,

now my question is, is it OK to delete those NVEwhatever.tmp files or am i supposed to leave that in there until it deletes by itself?:o

i don't have dvd shrink, i know with dvd decrypter,dvdfab. when you rip a dvd it sends the audio_ts/video_ts folders to my documents or whatever. only thing i use for burning are clone dvd w/ anydvd or nero when i'm burning downloaded movies.

i'm starting to think i left too little space on the pc partition of the HDD. is there anyway to re partition it to give the xp side more room or do i have to erase all of the xp side and do it all over again?

also, is it possible to partition an ext. HDD(so i can still use the other part to store shit from mac) and have XP run from there?

thxagen.

go to ccleaner.com and download ccleaner

when you go to install it it will have some checkmarks (uncheck the one that says install yahoo toolbar (they add that there because its how they get money for making the program sense it is free, but uncheck it anyway when it is installed go to the program will open

on th e cleaner tab scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says advanced (it will be grayed out just press the box and it will add a checkmark then a few prompts will come up just press ok like 3 times when everything is filled with checkmarks in the advanced section (there will be 2 boxes that you will want to uncheck and they are the last 2 boxes

hotfix uninstaller

custom files and folders

be sure to uncheck them

also under internet explorer check mark (be sure the autocompete form history is unchecked or you will lose all saved passwords)

are you going here http://m.youtube.com/ if so you will prolly get a warning that says

pic_ytlogo_51x19.gif

Information: YouTube Mobile is a data intensive application. We highly recommend that you upgrade to an unlimited data plan with your mobile service provider to avoid additional charges.

Continue

Copyright © 2007 YouTube, Inc.

just press the continue button

hey to whoever had the wii question (i dont feel like going back a page to see who you are

but anyhow there is this program i forgot to mention its called orb download it and install (you will have to signup to get it

http://www.orb.com/gamers/wii.htm

what it is, is a program that allows you to watch media that is on yer computer from anywhere . meaning you could be at a friends house that has a wii/ps3/xbox 360 anything with internet access and view yer photos/movies/videos/music/ and yer own local tv programs (if you have a tv card)

today, i got over.

free 250 gig HD.

stupid neighbors had a satellite dvr from

a different company than their provider.

i offered to bust it open and nab the hard drive for their computer.

didn't bother telling them that it contains a large western digital.

replacing it with one of my old wd 60 gig drives.

schwing!

HAHAHA sweet (just to let you know or let yer neighbor know they will send out a summons for there equipment i have a buddy that works for dish network well long story short when people decide to change there service dish network takes back ALL equipment wires and all there boxes alone cost $2000

are you going here http://m.youtube.com/ if so you will prolly get a warning that says

pic_ytlogo_51x19.gif

Information: YouTube Mobile is a data intensive application. We highly recommend that you upgrade to an unlimited data plan with your mobile service provider to avoid additional charges.

Continue

Copyright © 2007 YouTube, Inc.

just press the continue button

yup, did all that.

on the wii modding thing, (if you have one) do you have yours modded? if you got one modded can you just download a torrent of a game and burn it to a dvd-r just like you would a pc game? or is it harder? i don't plan on doing this myself, i fount some dude on craigslist that wil do it for 60 including the chip...i hope i don't end up chained to a wall in a basement.

yes i do i modded it myself and bought the chip from the site i posted all you do is donload a patch thing and put it on an sd card (pop it in the wii it will patch the mod then you will beable to download and play games

its as easy as a dvd burn (for 60 bucks fuck that i would not do it. repeat (WOULD NOT DO IT!!) because if he gots a bad chip yer wii is fucked and thats 300 dollars down the drain and its very easy to do yerself

p.s there are alot of fake chips out there 99% sure the guy on crackheads list is fake

HAHAHA sweet (just to let you know or let yer neighbor know they will send out a summons for there equipment i have a buddy that works for dish network well long story short when people decide to change there service dish network takes back ALL equipment wires and all there boxes alone cost $2000

well, it belongs to the neighbors kids (who is in jail for being a crackhead) girlfriend.they lived with the mom and dad for a bit after they got booted out of their other place...pretty much there is no connection with the neighbors.

bling!

bootvis:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=b99b88a7-08e8-4555-a313-40676ef111d7

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D22012C75

try that. it';s two ways to download bootvis. run it. optimize your computer. could be dhcp configuration crap. if bootvis doesn't help, we can move on to other solutions.

Bootvis didnt help at all unfortunatelly. Its a computer i have access to like once a week

so i'm pretty slow on responses, what other solutions should i try?

thanks

tesseract: try this

if your router ip is 192.168.1.1 or very similar, you goto your control panel on the pc, make sure your wireless adapter is plugged in.

In Control Panel, open Network Connections.

You will see the wireless adapter connection in there. Right click on it, goto properties.

In the window, scroll down until you see Internet Protocol.

Click on the properties of this and enter the IP 192.168.1.100

Let windows sort out teh subnet and fill out the gateway IP to be the same as your router, probably, 192.168.1.1

you can either let windows config your DNS automatically or type in your router IP here as well..