Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
methadone program

A Million Little Pieces.

jesus christ....hands down, the best recovery book in have ever read in my life...probably one the best books overall that ive come across..mostly about dudes (the author, james frey) time in in- patient rehab and recovery...but theres ALOT more to it...addict or not, this book is fantastic...anybody check this out?..i dunno, if you come across it, its a good read...

Originally posted by methadone program@Dec 20 2005, 05:31 AM

jesus christ....hands down, the best recovery book in have ever read in my life...probably one the best books overall that ive come across..mostly about dudes (the author, james frey) time in in- patient rehab and recovery...but theres ALOT more to it...addict or not, this book is fantastic...anybody check this out?..i dunno, if you come across it, its a good read...

ill deff. check this shit out, i have been looking for a new book to read.

I was locked up with a guy named James Frey for a while 4 years ago to this day. He was waiting to be shipped off to prison for the next 150 years.

Originally posted by BURLAP@Dec 20 2005, 12:59 AM

if it's in the almighty oprah's book club it must be superior literature.

yea, dont let that shit fool you...when someone told me to check it out, i didnt even know it was on "her book club" untill awhile later...i cant explain in words how this book has helped me with my sobriety..

Guest beardo

ill holler at this.

check out 'go ask alice' as well. one of my favorite drug-ish books.

hmm its sitting on the coffe table at my folks house, maybe ill give it a read. i liked the cover as well.... i did see the oprah sticker and decided it may be crap.

Guest im not witty

him at the dentist is the gnarliest part. i saw an old woman holding this book the other day and had to laugh. not exactly light reading.

Originally posted by mr.yuck@Dec 19 2005, 11:33 PM

I was locked up with a guy named James Frey for a while 4 years ago to this day. He was waiting to be shipped off to prison for the next 150 years.

....so what happened?

Originally posted by trackstand@Jan 1 2006, 05:12 PM

Fucking good book.

agreed... i finished it in about 3 days.. could not put it down. i got 'my friend leonard' for christmas, anybody read it?

dissapointing..ive been hearing this on the news for a few days or so but didnt wanna believe it...but about 75 percent of a million little peices seems to be a fraud....like leonard really wasnt a gangster and a million more small tales...hes on larry king live right now so im gonna find out the truth...ill keep ya tuned.

yeah I mentioned the fakenes of this book the other day on the book thread...would that make the book sucky if it turns out to be fake? like the bible?

Guest im not witty

honestly. i dont care if hes lying. so my son puffed up the details of his brushes with the law. who wouldnt. as long as he really was addicted to crack and really stopped smoking it without the help of baby jesus and AA. then its a good book in my opinion.

actually now that im saying it.. it would be even better if he made the whole shit up. on some andy kaufman next level shit.

oh and fuck oprah.

i dont have cable so lets hear some of the shit from larry king when you get a chance.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this