A Million Little Pieces.

methadone program

jesus christ....hands down, the best recovery book in have ever read in my life...probably one the best books overall that ive come across..mostly about dudes (the author, james frey) time in in- patient rehab and recovery...but theres ALOT more to it...addict or not, this book is fantastic...anybody check this out?..i dunno, if you come across it, its a good read...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by methadone program@Dec 20 2005, 05:31 AM

jesus christ....hands down, the best recovery book in have ever read in my life...probably one the best books overall that ive come across..mostly about dudes (the author, james frey) time in in- patient rehab and recovery...but theres ALOT more to it...addict or not, this book is fantastic...anybody check this out?..i dunno, if you come across it, its a good read...

ill deff. check this shit out, i have been looking for a new book to read.

Originally posted by BURLAP@Dec 20 2005, 12:59 AM

if it's in the almighty oprah's book club it must be superior literature.

yea, dont let that shit fool you...when someone told me to check it out, i didnt even know it was on "her book club" untill awhile later...i cant explain in words how this book has helped me with my sobriety..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dissapointing..ive been hearing this on the news for a few days or so but didnt wanna believe it...but about 75 percent of a million little peices seems to be a fraud....like leonard really wasnt a gangster and a million more small tales...hes on larry king live right now so im gonna find out the truth...ill keep ya tuned.

Guest im not witty

honestly. i dont care if hes lying. so my son puffed up the details of his brushes with the law. who wouldnt. as long as he really was addicted to crack and really stopped smoking it without the help of baby jesus and AA. then its a good book in my opinion.

actually now that im saying it.. it would be even better if he made the whole shit up. on some andy kaufman next level shit.

oh and fuck oprah.

i dont have cable so lets hear some of the shit from larry king when you get a chance.

larry was just asking him about the exaggerations expressed in the smoking gun...like how he only commited a few crimes not the shopping list he mentions...he didnt spend time in jail...things about leonard etc....they had opra come on the phone and she back james 100 percent...i mean shit, this book has changed tons of peoples lives..who cares if its not 100% true....i mean shit, you gotta spice up 6 weeks in rehab some how..

Guest KING BLING

Junky is a great book, especially if you had considered - which you didn't - the era in which it came out.

And I don't need Chicken Soup for The Crack Head Soul - if you recovered, tell us the real story. Lying essentially says your recovery wasn't that interestting, and that you whored your addiction to make loot...