A City in Ruins

!@#$%

You know the body count is well over a thousand,so many people will never know what happened to people in there family,once they declaired martial law,shit was bananas,people just gettin shot on the spot no questions asked,to this day there still finding rotting corpse all over the place,think about that...

*edited for typos...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That's exactly what i'm saying, the shit you're talking about is REALITY for a shit ton of people, while the rest of us go on like nothing happened. A large portion of what really went down in NOLA will never be known by the majority of the people, and thats a shame if it keeps some of them from truly understanding and empathising with the people who were directly affected by the hurricane.

thanks for the compliments everyone

but for me, it was also kind of a selfish thing to do

i felt so shitty after that hurricane, i knew that donating some money wasn't going to be enough to make me feel better about how those people were living and what they are dealing with ..every damn day

i also knew that after my three weeks was up, i got to come home to a nice comfy new house and relax with my tv and sip some cold shit out the fridge

something to really wrap your mind around, that thousands upon thousands no longer had those most basic luxuries anymore, basically after a few days of horrible decisions and the worst kind of murphy's law

and now i can sleep at night, knowing that i did what i could, having had enough vacation days and an understanding boss.

seeing that shit will change you for life though

those pictures are a only glimpse.

it serves as a reminder, this shit disappears from the media, but the real work is only beginning

you'd think

but it would kind of be like painting in a nightmare

while i was down there, i didn't do anything at all.

saw harsh up, saw fr8s that i could've hit, and plenty of stuff i could've written on, and it did not feel right

(not to mention that the cops down there are a mixture of department of defense contractors [blackwater], homeland security cops, who look like bouncers for the government, army vehicles and nat'l guard out the yang, plus regular NOLA cops, who are corrupt as fuck)

graffiti is usually a therapeutic thing for me, bombing is just a frustration release

but doing it down there would have made me feel like shit

• 1 month later...