KANYE WEST

GREENOJOS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

You must be totally illiterate or extremely white in the head to enjoy 90% of todays hiphop. I dont see kanye in the 10% anyway.

kanye west, is a good producer (read good, not great or amazing) and some of the things he has to say are on point but never really as well put together as they could be. The only time I have ever seen him freestyle was on that wylin out thing on mtv and the dude along with most of the other people on that show was straight garbage. He can not freestyle from what I saw.

Compared to alot of the production going on in the mainstream hip hop world the guy is doing great things, in respect to what he is surrounded by. Though it will not take long at all to go diggin through the underground to find atleast 20 producers that are using hte same techniques as him and putting out much better beats with much shittier equipment and getting alot less recognition for it.

in closing I might listen his new cd, maybe get someoen to burn me a copy. I don't expect to like it enough to dish out the $17 for it and if by the odd chance it impresses me I will buy it. The man is not a genious, he is not doing anything really groundbreaking, he is just the person that brought some things that have been happening in the underground for years into mainstream hip hop's eye.

who cares what his background is, hes not even "gangsta rap" so the "he's soft" comments really don't mean shit.

were talking about how good his music is, not where he grew up. like most others here, i can listen to almost every track on both cd's which is alot better then the majority of hip-hop coming out now. commercial and underground.

if you don't llike his music, because of the music thats fine, but if you refuse to listen to someone because of their background, well thats just foolish.

Originally posted by dumy+Aug 31 2005, 05:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dumy - Aug 31 2005, 05:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> who said the qoute in your sig?...holla at it

[/b]

It's a Cage line off Hell's Winter. I think the track is Perfect World.

<!--QuoteBegin-ILOTSMYBRAIN@Aug 31 2005, 07:05 PM

if you don't llike his music, because of the music thats fine, but if you refuse to listen to someone because of their background, well thats just foolish.

I don't really care for him because he's riding on his production skills... everyone knows he's a so-so rapper, fuck the guy basically even said it himself on that track explaining himself on Dropout.

My quam is that there's plenty of dudes out there that, as producers, should be getting his money. Be it Ace, Prince Paul, Kool Keith, or even RJD2's albino Ohio ass. Not to say these guys are broke, but when it comes to getting the loot they deserve they're passed over; probably because if they were given a shot at the bigtime they'd raise the bar too high and record label's wouldn't be able to put on irresponsible idiots that burn out their hype after 4 years and 2 albums.

Don't get me wrong.. Kanye's made some enjoyable music. All the shit prior to his major deal was ill. College Dropout had some niiiice tracks. But I guess I'm a lame for expecting more than Dropout2 from the 'savior of positive hip-hop'.

the hatred runs deep within you people. man, you guys are something else. im not going to knock youre opinions though, i like a huge variety of music, and dont take any one person / band / etc that seriously.

i still think he's dope though. Id say his album were both pretty solid, i like songs off both of them about equally.