Air Bud 2: Golden Receiver

GLIK$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't think I get it... haha...

And now that I think about it, this is no different than the movies considered "comedies" that have been out over the last several years... except this is more blatant about the point. Just the most vile, disgusting, stupid shit people can think of and it's supposed to be funny. I never did enjoy "toilet" humor.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4774955

The Aristocrats, a documentary by magician/comic Penn Gillette and comedian Paul Provenza, follows the genesis of "the filthiest joke ever told." The real joke is, it's not a joke -- the "humor" comes in how the joke is told, and the dirtier the better.

i guess he and i are both correct in small ways.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

From Wikipedia:

Hoax theory

Internet humorist Lore Sjoberg, noting his inability to find references to the joke prior to Gottfried's 2001 performance, speculated that Penn Jillette and Gilbert Gottfried may have fabricated the joke and its backstory, and requested readers to search as well. [1]

In response to this, several older references were found.

For instance, this joke appears on p.987 of Gershon Legman's "Rationale of the Dirty Joke, Vol. 2", published in 1975 [2]. Legman retells the joke, and it does have a Vaudeville component, but he does not attribute the joke to Vaudeville roots. Instead, Legman learned the joke from a young man who grew up in a broken home. A Google Groups search for the joke reveals a version posted to alt.tasteless.jokes on 09 Jun 1999 [3]; it also appears in Jackie Martling's 1998 book, Jackie "The Joke Man" Martling's Disgustingly Dirty Joke Book [4].

In response to these discoveries, Sjoberg withdrew his theory. [5]

Guest imported_El Mamerro

What's funny about the joke is how it suckers you into listening to the most vile and disgusting shit possible with the promise of a funny punchline. When that funny punchline never arrives you realize that the whole purpose of the joke is to have you sit there like an idiot listening to shit you wouldn't ever want to hear.

Originally posted by Glik0@Aug 14 2005, 04:49 PM

Also, I saw Murderball last night, it was about on par with this movie, not as comical though, obviously. Had it's moments though.

I've been wanting to see that movie for a bit. I'm going to wait till it comes out on netflix though. What I really want to see is that grizzly man movie about the guy who swears he has this connection to bears and observes them for 12 years or something. Then they eat him and his girlfriend.

Originally posted by nomadawhat+Aug 15 2005, 08:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nomadawhat - Aug 15 2005, 08:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-High Priest@Aug 13 2005, 12:38 AM

Bob Saggot pretty much stole the show,

This has to be in the top 5 on my 'statements I never thought I would hear' list.

[/b]

yeah.

I'll give you that, but overall, I felt like the editing sucked in that movie. Incidentally, did anyone else notice a wierd homoerotic undertone in Sideways? There's this one scene where they're in a vineyard, and there's a a long shot of Paul Giamatti bending over to touch some grapes while that other dude is standing behind him, and it seems like there is no possible way they would have shot it from the angle they did without trying to represent buttsex. And then the next shot is a close up of Giamatti fondling a bunch of grapes! At that point, I was expecting the movie to just turn out to be about those two being gay.

Here's my take on it...

A man walks into a talent agent's office.

Says to the agent, I have the most amazing act for you.

The agent goes ok, pitch it, you have a minute.

The father goes, ok it's a family act.

Ok, so this guy comes up with this joke, it's basically using the same idiotic humor everyone used in second grade when they first discovered swear words. But it's under the pretense that it is a secret, intelligent, inside joke only used by the funniest comedians around. It is really used to look down your nose condescendingly at others 'not in the know', in order to inflate your already bulging ego. Although you personally don't find the joke even remotely entertaining, let alone funny, you go along with it as to not appear that you don't get it. And, although the joke has no real point, or comedic value, whenever someone summons the intestinal fortitude to voice what you have been thinking all along in the back of your head, you just HAVE to inform this person was a moron he is. And how it is so OBVIOUSLY hilarious, he just doesn't get it because he doesn't attend those wine and cheese parties where this joke is told, and where others also fake laughter. You know, so they appear 'in the know.'

The talent agent looks at him and goes, what do you call this monstrosity?

The man looks at him, smiles, snaps, and says, "The Aristocrats"

:haha: :haha: :haha:

OOHHH, rich people. Never cease to amaze me.