Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
synaps

woman gets to keep 'GAYSROK' license plate

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8734642/

SALT LAKE CITY - The state of Utah can’t block a woman from using her license plate to tell the world “GAYSROK,” a judge has ruled.

The state has no good reason to prevent Elizabeth Solomon from having that plate — which can be read “Gays are OK” or “Gays Rock” — or another one saying “GAYRYTS,” according to Jane Phan, an administrative law judge with the Utah State Tax Commission.

“The narrow issue before us is whether a reasonable person would believe the terms ‘gays are OK’ and ‘gay rights’ are, themselves, offensive to good taste and decency. It is the conclusion of the commission that a reasonable person would not,” Phan wrote.

The state can appeal the July 19 decision.

“We’re discussing it, and we have 30 days to do that,” Barry Conover, deputy director of the commission, which oversees Utah’s Department of Motor Vehicles, said Wednesday.

“It kind of opens up the door for all types of people who want to make a license plate a public forum, for every initiative,” he said.

Dani Eyer, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Utah, which represented Solomon, countered: “The government can’t pick and choose what subjects it likes and does not like.”

Solomon, of Park City, on Wednesday said she considered the judge’s decision as a victory for her daughter, who is gay, and for two gay male friends.

i'm actually glad it was approved.

it's a shame that a state could of possibly got in the way of this woman rocking her opinion that gays are rad.

^^ Speaking of, I once got head from a mormon girl. She was bigger than me (about 6'0", 140lbs) and had huge breasts. It was pretty good, though.

We’re discussing it, and we have 30 days to do that,” Barry Conover, deputy director of the commission, which oversees Utah’s Department of Motor Vehicles, said Wednesday.

“It kind of opens up the door for all types of people who want to make a license plate a public forum, for every initiative,” he said.

Dani Eyer, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Utah, which represented Solomon, countered: “The government can’t pick and choose what subjects it likes and does not like.”

these people do realize they are talking about a fucking license plate....correct?

Originally posted by fatalist@Jul 29 2005, 10:38 AM

no talk about magic underwear, this is a thread about "Gays Rocking"

aww, but i'm all about magic underwear.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Jul 28 2005, 07:34 PM

yeah, but did you get into her magic underwear?

Nope. The only thing magic about that night was after the blowjob I consumed a litre of rum and 'magically' kept it up while I slipped in and out of consciousness and vagina with her ugly friend.

Do they really wear plastic underwear?

Its a stupid number plate but its fucking ridiculous that the state even thought about challenging her right to have it.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this