Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
why did you hate it

oh idk. i think it was a combination of my all around hatred for animated(or anything close)

films in general and the entire concept of the movie in the first place. like, really though,

i only saw it once and while usually thats enough for me to pass judgment on a film, but,

perhaps i missed something. i'll give anything another watch if theres good reason.

oh idk. i think it was a combination of my all around hatred for animated(or anything close)

films in general and the entire concept of the movie in the first place. like, really though,

i only saw it once and while usually thats enough for me to pass judgment on a film, but,

perhaps i missed something. i'll give anything another watch if theres good reason.

yeah, the animation was not a strong point in my opinion (the changing perspective in the background gave me a headache for the first half of the movie). however, the ominous "big brother" hints and the Lost-esque plot (ive seen it 3 times and it still doesnt make fucking sense) does it for me. that and scene with the bicycle where he buys it as a 18 speed and they only count 11 cogs (9 in back, two in front would make it a 18 speed) and flip out was interesting. it was neat to see how in the not so distant future people lose touch with now every day things, like bikes.

im not pushing you to watch it again, but i enjoyed this movie.

yeah, the animation was not a strong point in my opinion (the changing perspective in the background gave me a headache for the first half of the movie). however, the ominous "big brother" hints and the Lost-esque plot (ive seen it 3 times and it still doesnt make fucking sense) does it for me. that and scene with the bicycle where he buys it as a 18 speed and they only count 11 cogs (9 in back, two in front would make it a 18 speed) and flip out was interesting. it was neat to see how in the not so distant future people lose touch with now every day things, like bikes.

im not pushing you to watch it again, but i enjoyed this movie.

i'll probably just watch it again now....you've gone and persuaded me dog.

i dont know much about the lord of the flies, but I don't think the butcher boy is related to it.

"The Butcher Boy is set in a small town in Ireland in the late 1950s. It tells the story of Francis 'Francie' Brady, a schoolboy who retreats into a violent fantasy world as his troubled home life collapses."

It's a bit creepy, and darkly funny.

^^^^^

hell yea, but i saw snatch first, so i have a personal preference for that flick.

both kill it, and i bet if i saw lock stock first id prolly favor it, but snatch really

was like no other flick when i first saw it and still remains a stand out to this day.

if you havent seen either, see them both. the rest of guy ritchies career can fuck off.

i dont know much about the lord of the flies, but I don't think the butcher boy is related to it.

"The Butcher Boy is set in a small town in Ireland in the late 1950s. It tells the story of Francis 'Francie' Brady, a schoolboy who retreats into a violent fantasy world as his troubled home life collapses."

It's a bit creepy, and darkly funny.

lord of the flies was a shitload of kids trapped on a desert island, shows just how fucked up school kids can be.

but that movie sounds good, ima check it out

shit. i'll try my dude. from what i remember it was mad twisty throughout the entire movie.

probably another reason i wasn't feelin it btw.

yeah ive got them all pretty much figured out except for the last one involving the blonde chick. i dont want to spoil it for anyone though.

normally i hate twisty shit, and i normally never re-watch a movie intentionally but this movies an exception, i watched it again the other day.

can anyone recommend some good comedy movies?

or even stand up shows/comics.....? There should be a stand up comedy recommendation thread but i cant be fucked to make one.

Land of the lost, w/ will ferrel was pretty funny and i havn't enjoyed any slapstick since meatballs