DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

dude, do you think i'm blind? i see the flics cats post of the street shit they do. i'm not retarded. regardless of any criticisms i've had, i still gave them respect for painting.

i was saying that lately, the only time folks post shit by cats they dont paint with is when they catch it in a building they were already in.

get it now?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

what ever happened to the straight up in your face old school bombing??? where the spots and quantity mattered. why is it that to see some new shit, the only way to do it is to look it up on the computer or stumble through a random building. i have seen many of flicks on this thread but only a handful in person. what ever happend to one name, maybe two. and why do people have more internet ups than streets? maybe its the new era or fad i have to get used to, or maybe i shouldnt post after working ten hours and on two hours of sleep.

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 14 2004, 11:27 PM

dude, do you think i'm blind? i see the flics cats post of the street shit they do. i'm not retarded. regardless of any criticisms i've had, i still gave them respect for painting.

i was saying that lately, the only time folks post shit by cats they dont paint with is when they catch it in a building they were already in.

get it now?

No need to get a little tude' man.

After all, its only graffiti..

my car was stolen a few days ago. all my fucking Doom cds including doomsday that i paid 50 ducks for was in it. i lost my job, my best friend, my girl, my savings, my cell phone and my skateboard. I sound like a fucking Country song. When i think about my girl i feel like a radio R&B song. I'm basically stuck since i'm too white to walk to the bus stop. I got jumped at the corner store for a six pack last friday. I want to paint but i got no money or transportation. However i discovered that if you drink a couple glasses of wine first it makes beer taste like fruity pebbles. Last night i drank a bottle of charles shaw chardoney followed by Bells Oberon. tonite I drank a bottle of Charles Shaw Shiraz and im drinking corona. The Oberon really tasted like Fruity Pebbles. So does the Corona but not as much.

Originally posted by isor357@Oct 15 2004, 12:11 AM

my car was stolen a few days ago. all my fucking Doom cds including doomsday that i paid 50 ducks for was in it. i lost my job, my best friend, my girl, my savings, my cell phone and my skateboard. I sound like a fucking Country song. When i think about my girl i feel like a radio R&B song. I'm basically stuck since i'm too white to walk to the bus stop. I got jumped at the corner store for a six pack last friday. I want to paint but i got no money or transportation. However i discovered that if you drink a couple glasses of wine first it makes beer taste like fruity pebbles. Last night i drank a bottle of charles shaw chardoney followed by Bells Oberon. tonite I drank a bottle of Charles Shaw Shiraz and im drinking corona. The Oberon really tasted like Fruity Pebbles. So does the Corona but not as much.

bummer dude, but i find that alcohol does infact cure everyting! so, your on the right track.

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 14 2004, 03:17 PM

i've seen dozens and dozens of tgv spots that have never been posted. ive seen plenty of tead and story spots. hell, ive got a dozen spots that have never been on here.

and fell off and only paint freights once every two months? who exactly are you talking about?

1. this kid (to my understanding) was talking about doing shit OTHER than simples. TVG is up like a motherfucker, but they thrive on simples. no pieces, some funky shit, but i would hardly call what i see "burners"

keep in mind, they were getting up the most last summer, Im not trying to say theyre not up more than anybody, because they are, but this year a few other cats have kinda stole the spotlight. i know theyre your boys, but you cannot tell me (no matter how wak) that justo has put more paint to surface in detroit than kids like deth, far, etc. THIS SUMMER. not in a whole career, but this summer for sure.

2. again, tead and stori do have a couple really good spots around the city, BUT how much of them were done this year??? i know for a fact that stori hasnt painted any new street spots in a minute. and like i said before tead does his thing, if i had the resources that those kids have, id focus on fr8s too.

3. i really hate to be a dick, but thanks to "beef" you dont have dozens of spots. you got tags for sure, but a good majority of your shit has been toasted.

4. Im not dropping any names, but in comparison to what happened in 2003, these super-sweet all stars of detroit graffiti havent made as big of an impact this year. detroit has alot more style than it knows what to do with, but in order to keep bragging rights, people need to stay on top of their game. remember, while you (not you in particular) lay in bed because you hafta be at work at 9am, theres kids out painting not giving a shit. and before we know it these "toys" are gonna knock us of our high horses and all well have left is this message board.

I mos def agree with some of that shit espically the work issue I start work at 4 am and shit so its hard to get out except on weekends, and you have to consider all these "cats" coming up are a bit younger and may still live with mommy and shit and not have the financial burden that others may have that is definatly a factor

martin luther king jr. had a dream that one day all children would be seen as equal.

my dream is that i wont have to write a disertation everytime someone takes shit i never said, and turns it into a witch hunt.

i don't remember ever calling anyone a toy, nor have i ever talked about how much (or little) anyone paints. my SOLE criticism has been about biting (ok, and sidebusting), both topics that nearly everyone, regardless of their friendly aliances, has acknowledged as undenyable.

so what is the problem again?

as for 'beef' and my spots. 'beef should keep in mind that if i have no spots left, then i really have nothing to lose and everyone knows how that adage goes.

wow I was just mentioning that when I visited detroit there seemed to be not alot of art that was not very creative.(compared to past visits ) thats all I didn't mean for people to start arguing and justifying themselves.

I just thought I personally dident' see anything I really liked when I was there.(Although I'm positive I did not see the whole city and every spot) However there are alot of new writers up in alot of spots that I never seen before and I was liking that fact.

And it does suck that younger kids are able To get up and out more financilly and transportation wise. makes me wish I was 16 with a lisense a allowance and my mommys mini van. Damn I could fit alot of paint in a mini van. I mean think about if everytime you skipped class in high school you were rocking out in some yard or on a train

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 9 2004, 01:01 AM

ha. those were game's vacume cleaners, not sehv. all that old mechanical shit was game.

Eh.. color me three shades of dumbass, I had to of been about 14 or 15 at the time. I'd kill to see some of those flicks.

And Seeks, what's the deal with you and pictures? Beings that you've been around longer than most I'd think you'd be Johnny on the Punani with the archived flicks... no scanner or just don't want to share?

You can have one if you brought enough for the entire class (just once I'd like to see the smartass little shit who actually brought enough for the entire class). This has almost no relevance to anything.