DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

Lulz, I like to come here for the lulz. Just readin' this shit half the time makes my face hurt. I, for one, am stoked all those guys came through. I love the work most Detroit artists do, but honestly a lot of the fucking city straight up feels stale to me. Shitty throws, horrid handstyles, pathetic rollers, I am not impressed. I use to see a lot of innovation in the graffiti of Detroit, but not anymore. A lot of you are taken in by the celebration of mediocrity. I don't care where the out of towners bit their style from, as long they can apply that artful theft with skill. And they do. Some of the REYES work I have seen has been up, untouched, un-defaced, and un-dissed for-fucking-ever.

I hope more out of towners come. Wake some of you up. Here's a pic, fuckers...and I made sure it was old and already posted:

5991549636_77cebbe812_b.jpg

• Like 1

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

freeway spots from january 05

bump these freeways. this is how i remember detroit when i first started visiting here in 05. pretty sure i remember my friends making fun of me for wanting to do throw ups here and insisting i rock straights on everything. bump all the new shit too. the d is really popping off.

fucking art fags. it's still just all opinion. the cats that started this before we were seeds pushed it, and generations after them pushed it. and coming from a background where I am still very close with cats that not only helped laid the foundation, but pushed styles in this city still appreciate grimy ass throws, hands, and rollers. so it's nice you don't like that shit, that's on you. but at the same time, this ain't fucking art class. if you ain't in them streets, your opinion means dick. nothing. keep flicking. I'll make sure my crew keeps making this city ugly as fuck, and go over whoever goes over us. dsd...

• Like 1

Man...balance, lines, color and STYLE is not just an "artfag" thing. I hate that term...It's meaning has changed and given people excuses to just make bullshit. Not knocking anybody's work as it is a huge risk to put yourself on these streets and paint. (There are cats that will bust your head straight open for painting on their business...I know)

However, the way things are...it seems like things are devolving to a prehistoric state. Cats who hung up their gloves shouldn't be the only ones putting out fresh stuff whenever they show up to a session. The next ARMY should have been here a long time ago...

Once again, not talking about anyone, just responding everything I have read in general. That's what a forum is for. I shouldn't have to post a disclaimer, but people get butt hurt when you step on their shoes. They are only shoes...