DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

I agree with Feis about pak's throwups. Also.... Gray, Dems, Army, Nes, Riku, and Sekt are all rocking really nice throwies as well. Bump that shit.

I got some new throwies popping up that I've been working on. Nothing on the level of the names I just mentioned but some clean simples and straight letters and some shit Gray helped me with. Feels good to be improving.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

young fella, most of these cats can piece. They have been in the game longer than you and have graduated from the realm of painting legals (i.e. the yard(s), abandoned buildings, etc.), so you won't see their pieces up in your favorite hangouts.

They are more concerned with the science of bombing than beefing over the chill spots.

They are "above" the yard, both literally and figuratively. And most of them still piece trains.

No disrespect though, you got clean lines, kid.:lol: :lol:

I DON'T THINK ANY ONE CAN EVER BE OVER CHILL SPOTS. NEXT TO BOMBING IT'S THE 2ND MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF GRAFF, HANGING OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND PAINTING AND AS FAR AS YARD BEEF GOES, IT'S A DAY SPOT WHERE PEOPLE EITHER GO TO PRACTICE AND GET BETTER OR A SPOT TO SMASH A WALL WITH A DOZEN OF YOUR FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T EXACTLY GO OUT BOMBING 12 DEEP AND PIECING YARDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CONSTANTLY CHANGING. WHEN EVER I COME TO DETROIT I LOVE GOING TO THE YARDS ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE HITTING THE STREETS BUT THEN AGAIN DETROIT IS PRETTY MUCH A GIANT CHILL YARD AND ONE OF THE EASIEST AND FRESHEST PLACES TO PAINT. I MISS DETROIT

yo this is loafis. first off id like to say i do remember when grizzlebob did paint 5 color burners i was blessed enough to be a youngin around that time when tsr was locking the streets down on the burner shit it blew my mind especially how most of the street work i was seeing was straight letter jawns ie beta/lowa not to say him and dibs werent doing there burner thing to cause they were. i always thought graffiti was about progressing and getting better? i could be wrong but thats how i was raised those gram burners were the shit when i was 16 now there just shitty. i dont understand what happened without saying the word innovative someone please explain? i dont se how this city turned to this goony throw up world the esau?? i do understand about being influnced by crew members ie look at my shit before and after i had the oppritunity to paint w phers but im not steling his stelo and running with it? it just seems like most of writers here now how no heart to get better they let someone else someone else decide whats fresh. <ansiq maybe you can enlghten me on this.what are these kids motivation for painting if they dont want to get any better and want to be stuck following whats trendy? this city is the biggest scenster ive ever seen. whats the point of throws here whats the point of hands IT IS DETROIT. nobody has ever topped what the bar TSR set in 01? the point of being a writer is to be a well rounded hands throws burners peices and earning a real rep..not just being at all the cool parties and painting the same throws everywhere. all of a sudden throws are whats cool??come on now seriously army has had fly ass throws for years and he hasnt been mentioned once. maybe its beacuse if he did a outline there was 3 in a row walking back from painting a 5 colore streetside burner across the the jake station? cats need to step there game up all around from all sides in all crews. the only fucker in this city who has the right to do as he pleases is grandpa justo he is old as dirt and paid all his dues so bump his weirdo ass and dot fills. im to high for anymore of this shit and bump for wishing you were a rapper w a big chain. oh yeah grays throws are hot and feis is a beast even if it is at the yard..hip hop and the that shit mofos.

I remember seeing a armee street side burner a couple years back on jefferson and being amazed as to what was possible graff wise in detroit. The thing that makes me laugh is that on jefferson right next to the market yard rail ditch is a detroit police officers association building. right next to one of the best graffiti showcases in detroit.

i could explain it all from my perspective, but really who cares?

these dudes arent big upping themselves on the internet, they're not starting beef with your people, they're not biting you, they're not painting over you or even anywhere near you, so really what's it matter to you what they're doing? if you're on some crusade to save graffiti, there are plenty of people in your own crew who need just as much help as any of these kids.

loaf.....

maybe you should start posting when you are sober.... because that was really hard to follow..let alone make sense out of. but since its what you wrote..then thats all i have to comment on. who are you to leave your "seal of approval" on other peoples shit. nigga look at you own pieces before you are so quick to be critical about every ones graffiti. beyond that...how are you gonna talk so much about what you know so little about. your hand style is weak...your throw ups are non-existent.....and your straight letters are about the same size and use about the same amount of paint as someone else doing a tag at that same spot. look at that spot you did on 75 for instant....your piece is like half the size of the marm piece. its a freeways spot for cryin out loud. beyond the fact that the spot has been hit a million times ....you could at least go big. and yes...its quite obvious that once you started painting with phers...you decided to start putting a million random connnection and sarrif lines to try to add flavor and your letters ended up looking like cobwebs. how can someone who has contributed so little to the streets have so much to say about other peoples shit???how long have you been writing for now? you talk so much about progression in your post...and being a well rounded writer and earning a real rep. something you know so little about. you cant earn a real rep by randomly dissing peoples shit who are actually putting in work. and yes...im talking about you dissing hughes. that not gonnna earn you shit but drama in your life. you are one of the most delirious writers in detroit(next to Fire). i dont understand how you want to be boys with cats one min...then the next you are dissin their shit....and in the same week...you try to call cats up for some tree. either you need to be medicated or you need a serious reality check.

ive ranted long enough. loaf....if you get nothing else out of this post....at least get this...dont be so quick to call the kettle black when your pot is burnt as fuck. (you might be blew out off of a fat blunt of some of the brownest weed the earth has grown...so i will explain that....) in other words....dont be so quick to call people out for shit that you, yourself, need to improve on.

p.s. throw ups were always important. the detroit scene has just been lacking them for a long time. do i agree with only painting throw ups? no. but i do understand how important of a role they play in graffiti and more importantly the role they play in a city like detroit.