DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

alot of those are indeed the same people under several names. some others are just people who came up with tags for the hell of it, but never had any interest in actually being a writer.

older ones you missed. (some more dedicated than others.)

zen, snuz, jeru, jstarr, jedi, sun tzu, verses, bum sticky, new wave, epod, laz wunz out, hazard, game, BM, aero, silk(!), b dogg, ogre, deco, iago, cypha, ques...

i know there's a bunch more i can't think of right now, some i even painted with. hopefully sekt will remember. i've also left out the dozens of side names me and past crew members have used.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by justin case@Jan 21 2006, 12:41 PM

JACKETS ON SOME GQ SHIT LIKE A BOSS...

420377419_l.jpg

420377109_l.jpg

420377753_l.jpg

where the fuck were these bitches at when I didnt get paid?

boppers in the parkin lot boppin...

yo i didnt even see this where the fuck these fliks come from

that last bopper is all bopping in front of my shit :yuck:

ha. slap is actually what i was thinking of when i said silk. that yellow and red throw up on broadway! that was one of the first pieces of graff i ever saw in detroit. at the time shit was like magical to me. id been running around in the suburbs tagging up the backs of grocery stores, an this motherfucker was doing two colors on the side of a street!! ha. i couldnt believe it.

Originally posted by sect ebc@Jan 23 2006, 03:46 PM

crils got shot in tha leg buying pcp in soufwest...yikes

but theres still the one running on the grand blvd tracks

its that 97 shit

yeah..that one on the tracks will be there forever..i remember seeing that one in person for the first time when i went up on those tracks with dubl when he painted that midnight marauders piece.

those were the days.."can it be that it was all so simple then."

Originally posted by Silver+Black+Jan 22 2006, 06:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silver+Black - Jan 22 2006, 06:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>pittsburgh on the way

regarding the list - you have MP at number 5 but you don't have Betue from MP / LJC / DFW / MASON in there at all.

He has a tag running somewhere I'm sure lol. Go check it out!

[/b]

I thought Betue MP was the same guy - as in 2 names...I never knew it was a crew...gettng my history lesson in.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 22 2006, 09:17 PM

alot of those are indeed the same people under several names. some others are just people who came up with tags for the hell of it, but never had any interest in actually being a writer.

older ones you missed. (some more dedicated than others.)

zen, snuz, jeru, jstarr, jedi, sun tzu, verses, bum sticky, new wave, epod, laz wunz out, hazard, game, BM, aero, silk(!), b dogg, ogre, deco, iago, cypha, ques...

i know there's a bunch more i can't think of right now, some i even painted with. hopefully sekt will remember. i've also left out the dozens of side names me and past crew members have used.

I can't believe I forgot Iago...I knew I was forgetting someone (that I knew)

Originally posted by sect ebc@Jan 23 2006, 12:52 AM

uhhh ya that list

ummm im fucking speechless

FIRST theres no justo /beta ,game ,or harp and thats likewhoa

but whatever AND ya cant forget that p.r. funk OGRE

seeks hahah he says SILK or shit lets do SLAP that ol 93 shit

or big d,s SCAT

fuck im old

at #29 there's FARMS which I thought was Beta/Justo (you can see the start of the word Beta in the picture...by all the duplicates on there as it is, you can see how I would mess that up....

Originally posted by SoakedInWhiskey@Jan 23 2006, 04:11 AM

there was some writers left off that list.....and what is TOXSICK doin on the list...lol...man i laughed so hard i pissed myself.....lmao

we were all drunk on the reserve and thought it would be funny to throw Toxsick on there...thing is though, they do get up more than some people on that list...but that's getting up...no quality involved...

<!--QuoteBegin-detroit red@Jan 23 2006, 10:38 AM

the cats who were up by 98 should get together and do a wall at the yard. all old names.

we can do a fone,wise,crils,scirb,know,time production goin. hahaa

I would pay cash money to see that too - someone could gather up a bunch of old schoolers and make a killing...

Lastly, I put that list on there becuase I don't know all the old people and was trying to learn some history...hell half of the old school people on there my buddy contributed, so I'm definately learning...

thanks for the input.

That dibs last on the line of my kind is dope... bump

Yo sect… what's up with the cheesy I'm trying to hard to be a model or some shit girls. whos standing in front of your shit ha ha ha kind of fucking stupid....... fuck gallery hit the streets what what!

it's football buff...

farms is definitely not justo (but, coincidentally, he did just call me while i was typing up the following...)

do you want the history of detroit graffiti, or do you want a list of every person who wrote their name at least once? cause there's a big difference.

...this has always been the biggest problem with detroit graff (in my opinion). there's never really been much interaction between older cats and younger ones...because of that, you get shit like this, where your only knowledge of our 'history' comes from alt tags on photos on the internet. back in the day (and im sure sect will agree with me) it wasn't like that at all. there was alot more 'schooling', and a lot more appreciation for anyone who could teach you something new, even if you had to eat shit to get it. for instance, justo generally hated us all, but i think we all kind of learned from that regardless (atleast i know i did). he was like the king of 'tough love', except there was really no 'love', ha, just our determination to prove him wrong. of course again, maybe that's just me. either way, i think all of us had just as much interest in 'graffiti' and everything it meant to be a writer, as we did in writing our own names. maybe that's the case now a days, but it generally doesn't seem like it too much.

oh well.

you forgot pest, he was a cool kid.

DUBLEWISEFARMS