DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

Originally posted by BMT...SMS+Feb 7 2006, 07:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BMT...SMS - Feb 7 2006, 07:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CHUY CRISTO@Feb 6 2006, 06:35 PM

bmt.jpg

:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

Good Look...... Were's this at. I never got the flick, it rolled out a few minutes later!

[/b]

its got a tm stamp on it..so i would say tennesse maybe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

Originally posted by CHUY CRISTO+Feb 7 2006, 05:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CHUY CRISTO - Feb 7 2006, 05:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by BMT...SMS@Feb 7 2006, 07:19 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-CHUY CRISTO@Feb 6 2006, 06:35 PM

bmt.jpg

:burn:  :burn:  :burn:  :burn:  :burn:  :burn:

Good Look...... Were's this at. I never got the flick, it rolled out a few minutes later!

its got a tm stamp on it..so i would say tennesse maybe

[/b]

What website is that from.. do you have a bigger picture size?

if there are 'tons' of writers all over the world doing philly styles, but are not from philly, they are biters and suckers, period.

yes, i think regional styles should stay regional. unless you're from that area, or taught by someone from that area, you shouldn't be doing it. no matter how much you like radiohead, you're not gonna start speaking with an english accent are you? why would you copy a handstyle that's foreign to you? appreciate, but don't imitate. as for NY, there is no "NY' handstyle. never was. there are people from ny with famous hands, but nothing that defines the entire city.

there's no need to defend or explain yourself to me (or anyone else). just take it all for what it's worth and do with it what you want.

I realy am not realy in to being a art critic allthow I have thought of a career as one. I do veiw most showings of work.

so get some can- control/ undersand the consepes behind your work/ paint graffiti for 10 years and then mabby you wiil be ok with dealing with your operators.

seeking needs to learn about influents.

can control?.... what the fuck are you talking about dude? not to be an asshole but please tell me which photo shows i dont have constant or at least a decent cancrontrol of what i do?...... and as far as concepts go, all of the photos posted were all concepts originaly thought of/developed by myself...... i know i may come off as some toy ass kid but I DO know my history, im not claiming anything, and obviously open for criicisims... but not oppinions.... thank you.

all criticism is opinion.

there's no reason to get upset at anything someone says to you. if they're better than you, learn from them. if they're worse than you, it doesn't matter because there are always still people better than you. there is always room to improve.

riku, please tell me about 'influents'.

I think it's alright to rock regional styles so long as you don't attempt to claim the shit as your own. Why shouldn't someone be allowed to dabble into putting their own edge on a pre-existing style? Fuck, if you wanna take this approach and apply it to something outside of graffiti just look at music: The Beatles were an amazing innovative band back when they first came out, there's no question about it... but shit really started to pick up once they decided to stop trying to make 'rock' music and decided to just write whatever type style song they could pull off to the best of their abilities by dabbling into all genres. Fuck... look at dudes like Rime who hardly even have a single style.

Sorry, I'm walking out the door so that probably isn't worded so well.

-Hot air from a faceless bellow.

I think it's alright to rock regional styles so long as you don't attempt to claim the shit as your own. Why shouldn't someone be allowed to dabble into putting their own edge on a pre-existing style? Fuck, if you wanna take this approach and apply it to something outside of graffiti just look at music: The Beatles were an amazing innovative band back when they first came out, there's no question about it... but shit really started to pick up once they decided to stop trying to make 'rock' music and decided to just write whatever type style song they could pull off to the best of their abilities by dabbling into all genres. Fuck... look at dudes like Rime who hardly even have a single style.

very well put.... thank you, i aplaud your inteligence.... pm me.

unless she was making an esoteric reference to a plant or river, (while simultaneously misspelling 'maybe') the word is 'influence', and i know what it means, but thank you.

now, to use it in a sentence... there is a difference between influence, adaptation, and plagiarizing. until you can understand the elements that make a style what it is, you'll never be able to build off it, only bite it.

YOUR SUCH A POMPOUS KNOW IT ALL LITTLE JERKOFF, I BET YOU DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS TRY TO OVERCOMPENSATE FOR BEING A DORK BY TRYING TO SOUND SMART, GRAFFITI IS SO BELOW YOU I CANT BELIEVE YOU PAINT, IVE NEVER HATED SOMEONE SO MUCH I HAVE NEVER MET AND I KNOW YOU GET OFF ON THAT BUT SINCE ALL YOUR GOING TO DO IS TALK ON HERE I FIGURED WHY NOT PUT IN MY PENNYS WORTH.

there is a difference between influence, adaptation, and plagiarizing. until you can understand the elements that make a style what it is, you'll never be able to build off it, only bite it.

are you syaing that iam bitting?, because the way i see it,IAM building off it.... not one of my letters or letter structures for that matter were bitten, developed from a pre-existing style yes, but not completly plagerised.

I do not disagree with your comments yet when I refer to influents I apologies “influence� I mean that there are many aspects to all artist developing style like you said and then having the devout and impulse to act on destroying property and creating on site Inver metal insulation on the street in the name off graffiti! Getting to this point there is many influence be it gang related or oppression, just inspiration, boredom whatever it is. I just wish this kid would look at why he is weighting and not if it looks cool or give a fuck what you think about it seeking. honestly until kids understand that then they will bite shit. It was when I learn about where it came from why I Wright that my life influences invoked my improvement and motivated me to paint good and right. Thank you Sekt for every thing. Detroit influenced me being oppress by my government, fuck me I am going to say it hip hop did it skating, riding bikes and different artist that I admire more for there thoughts work, brilliants and skill have influenced me in so this has to do with the subculture and the over all general style of the streets and if it is enemy thing other than that then you are just coping or biting and yes it does egests yo biting. I have just noted that you use the word a lot! “Biting� maybe its because you like typical cats and 1200 hobos ya that's cool.

So with that entire sad rodeo douse not bit neck face it is all something totally different and in my observation rodeo should be selling work for like thousands of dollars.

I have to go to earth science class now………

philly handstyles should NOT be attempted by an out of towner to the city oh philadelphia. its not just a style, its part of our culture here. seeking knows what he's talking about, anyone that dosent realize that is retarded.

you're straight mocking dudes that have 20+ years under their belts writing in philadelphia using the philly tall prints and wickeds.

you're from detroit, dont try to be philadelphia it aint gonna happen. 99.9% of writers do not understand philly hands and they never will.