The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
sorry to bring up shit from the last page but i will anyway:

going bombing in your little thug uniform makes you a target. wear as boring an outfit as possible. at night i just look like any of the other bums wandering around. might as well be invisible.

also, anyone who goes bombing with a backpack is retarded. what, every time you wanna catch a tag or do a fillin you take your backpack off, do your little thing, put your shit back in your bag and keep going? the best thing for bombing is the black plastic bags they have at the liquor store. quick easy access to what you need, easy to ditch if the occasion calls for it, and they're black, so you can't see what's in em.

yup.

"Thug uniform" LMAO!!!

I don't know how it is in Cali or Australia but baggy pants, long shirts, and big coats and fitteds are the standard pretty much anywhere on the east coast.

You don't really see anybody walking around in a homo uniform with the exeption of 14 year old skater kids.

If anything, walking through the hood in faggot ass tight pants would draw the wrong attention.

You'd probably get robbed and beat the fuck up and the cops would probably stop you and frisk you for drugs thinking you're some junky from Jersey who came to score.

Where the fuck would you even put your paint and markers and shit in them tight ass homo clothes? You'd have to walk around with a bag all drawin and shit.

And those black plastic bags, the cops are already catching on to that one my man.

"Thug uniform" LMAO!!!

I don't know how it is in Cali or Australia but baggy pants, long shirts, and big coats and fitteds are the standard pretty much anywhere on the east coast.

yeah, and almost every apb that goes over a cop's radio usually starts like "suspect is in baggy blue jeans, white tee shirt and is wearing a baseball cap". and if you're black, look out, you're automatically a suspect. the last thing you want is to be stopped and searched because you look like a fuckin dealer from the street corner, or the guy that just knocked over the liquor store.

You don't really see anybody walking around in a homo uniform with the exeption of 14 year old skater kids.

If anything, walking through the hood in faggot ass tight pants would draw the wrong attention.

You'd probably get robbed and beat the fuck up and the cops would probably stop you and frisk you for drugs thinking you're some junky from Jersey who came to score.

Where the fuck would you even put your paint and markers and shit in them tight ass homo clothes? You'd have to walk around with a bag all drawin and shit.

when did i say anything about wearing "tight ass faggot clothes", as you put it? i wear shit that fits. shit that doesn't stand out. if you wear your greco outfit in the hood you're definately gunna stand out more than priest at a metallica concert. i stay in a hoody with a thrift store camo jacket over the top, jeans (regular, boring, jeans that fit....and make my ass look great - that's for the ladeeeeeeZ) and a pair of sneakers. like i said, you rock that shit anywhere and you're practically invisible. there's a shit ton of homeless people in my neighbourhood and i look just any one of em.

And those black plastic bags, the cops are already catching on to that one my man.

dude, when you're walking around at 3 in the morning the only bag you better be carrying is one that's from a store that's open around the clock. there's nothing to "catch on" to. i steady look like i'm walking home from the liquor store at all times. nothing suspicious about that.

if you're walking around at 3am, it's best to make yourself as invisible and unassuming as possible.

but hey, don't take my word for it, i've only been writing for 18 years with a total of zero arrests to my name.

when did i say anything about wearing "tight ass faggot clothes", as you put it? i wear shit that fits. shit that doesn't stand out. if you wear your greco outfit in the hood you're definately gunna stand out more than priest at a metallica concert. i stay in a hoody with a thrift store camo jacket over the top, jeans (regular, boring, jeans that fit....and make my ass look great - that's for the ladeeeeeeZ) and a pair of sneakers. like i said, you rock that shit anywhere and you're practically invisible. there's a shit ton of homeless people in my neighbourhood and i look just any one of em.

yeah well, everyone in the world, according to DAO, wears tight pants and is a hipster fag. unless it's him.

Guest shai_hulud

[ATTACH]77140.vB[/ATTACH]

I posted this last night in another thread, but it seemed more appropriate to post it in this one. (I swear that this is the last time I post this photo on 12 oz.)

I don't remember how high the chain was, my guess was probably somewhere between two-and-a-half to three feet. Shit, it was over ten years ago. I found it when I was looking at an old friend's photographs...funny shit.

Nowadays I just ride to the liquor store, unfortunately.

76143803_9390b93efb.jpg.946eae8ae45a6e869d9d0afac4c26647.jpg

yeah, and almost every apb that goes over a cop's radio usually starts like "suspect is in baggy blue jeans, white tee shirt and is wearing a baseball cap". and if you're black, look out, you're automatically a suspect. the last thing you want is to be stopped and searched because you look like a fuckin dealer from the street corner, or the guy that just knocked over the liquor store.

Yeah, and when everybody else looks like "Baggy blue jeans, baseball cap, white tee... how much easier is it going to be for the cops to find you when you're in tight pants and a size medium shirt? And who do you think the cops are gonna roll up on for a random search someone who looks like they belong in the hood, or someone who sticks out like a sore thumb in his tight pants and hipster gear?

Where I come from people who claim to wear "clothes that fit" usually dress like yuppies. In tight pants. Not necessarily spandex girls pants, but tight none the less.

Dressing like a homeless works I guess, but a Northface with deep ass pockets holds mad cans. Fuck walking around with a bag.

dude, when you're walking around at 3 in the morning the only bag you better be carrying is one that's from a store that's open around the clock. there's nothing to "catch on" to. i steady look like i'm walking home from the liquor store at all times. nothing suspicious about that.

I rock the black plastic bag in the summer time when I can't wear a coat. I been rocking the black plastic bag for mad long. I put mad heads onto that shit YEARS ago.

But the fact is, the cops are catching onto that too. And when they see fresh tags popping up on their route and see you walking down the street carrying a bag they're gonna roll up on you to see what's in the bag.

if you're walking around at 3am, it's best to make yourself as invisible and unassuming as possible.

but hey, don't take my word for it, i've only been writing for 18 years with a total of zero arrests to my name.

And the best way to look like you belong is to look like everybody else in the hood. Which means what you call "thug uniform".

But hey, don't take my word for it either. The only times I ever been caught was when I was completely shit-bombed and stumbling down the street just writing on shit infront of people like a retard.

[ATTACH]77140[/ATTACH]

I posted this last night in another thread, but it seemed more appropriate to post it in this one. (I swear that this is the last time I post this photo on 12 oz.)

I don't remember how high the chain was, my guess was probably somewhere between two-and-a-half to three feet. Shit, it was over ten years ago. I found it when I was looking at an old friend's photographs...funny shit.

Nowadays I just ride to the liquor store, unfortunately.

That photo's dope shai.

For some reason it reminds me of a shirt I had in highschool.

I forget what company it was for but it was like a silouette of someone doing an ollie and it looked alot like that photo.

Maybe H-street?

Guest shai_hulud
That photo's dope shai.

For some reason it reminds me of a shirt I had in highschool.

I forget what company it was for but it was like a silouette of someone doing an ollie and it looked alot like that photo.

Maybe H-street?

Thanks. That actually means something coming from you, DAO...;)

I've seen so many shots like that in different contexts. My friend was a photography major, and he wanted to take shots of me in different locations. This happened to be the best one and it also puts me in silhouette so you can't see me...but, trust me, it's me.

I was never a technical skater. I wanted to go higher, farther, faster...I spent a lot of time on the road going to parks and different cities on the West Coast with hills and parks where I could just go nuts....I was inspired by people like John Cardiel, Wade Speyer, Fred Gall, Matt Reason and Ron Whaley who could just go fast as hell and pull insane shit like it was second nature.

It took a pretty big toll on my joints, then like a dummy I messengered for ten years after that...I'm grateful I can walk after all the BS I put this frame through.

still faded,,, skated all around the city last night/this morning, yellow marsh,boozed up roman candles, mortars, softies, homies, peeled skins, saw a knife fight,mad booze, mad kooks, kooks fighting kooks, house party's, soaking everyone on the dance floor w champagne,here now,,,

Happy New Years Fuckos '08!

already ripping in the new year, finally went to this spot ive been eyeing for a year. fucking sick. they got junk yard dogs out there but they cant get to you, still sketchy with them going nuts right on the other side of the short ass fence. next session ima bring em some food, peanut butter maybe. ahah